Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/27/2001 9:06:39 PM EDT
I posted this morning about my usual "Range Day Checklist" and then decided to head out for an impromptu day of shootin' with the wife. We loaded up and headed out. Stopped at our favorite grease pit for a couple of artery hardening, king size breakfast burritos then jumped on the freeway. Got to the range about 9:30 and scored a prime spot then started sending lead downrange. Met a guy who frequents this board along with some of his friends (thanks for lettin' me try out the M1A!). Weather was perfect all day and we left at about 4:30. My sister-in-law lives in Alta Loma and let us drop in for a shower (we planned on this and took a change of clothes), then the missus and I went to Romano's Macaroni Grill in Rancho Cucamonga for an awesome dinner. Looks like tomorrow's gonna be spent cleanin'.
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 9:31:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/27/2001 9:28:13 PM EDT by madkiwi]
You make it sound like a rare event. Which part was nice- the weather and not thinking about or experiencing terrorism, or the shooting expedition? I got to sleep in, then my sweetie was feeling "sociable" this morning [}:)]. Then did some internet research on a new project (suspended storage for the ceiling of the garage). Goofed off a little. Then we loaded up all the pistols and headed to the indoor range. No waiting today! Tried out my new drop in barrel (my Sig 229 .40 S&W is now a .357 Sig too). Must say I was more accurate with the .357 Sig, recoil feels better too. Damn loud, but wearing plugs and muffs... Fired my new mousegun, Beretta Tomcat .32 ACP. Damn! Has more kick than my Sig! At 7 yards could get all shots inside a 8 inch circle, good enough for what it is. Then came home, threw a couple ribeyes on the bbq, opened a bottle of acceptable merlot, had a great dinner. Cleaned guns after dinner watching Buffy (great bazookas!!!). I think I had a great Saturday. Tomorrow, I hit some windy roads on my sportbike. (edited because I am dyslexic, and there is no such round as a .23 ACP)
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 6:31:55 AM EDT
madkiwi, I only get out to the range five or six times a year. Not nearly often enough. Recent events in the Desert Rider household have caused their fair share of stress and concern. A full day spent with the wife ( My son went up to his mom's for the weekend), just her and I alone, enjoying each others company, then capping it off at a nice restaurant with great atmospere and food. It's nice to leave all the daily crap aside and just enjoy the company of the woman you love. Remember dating? That feeling. It's all about the simple things. Wouldn't mind doing some peg scrapin' myself either. HWY 243, 33, Newcombs Ranch or the Rockstore on the weekend. Nothin' like tachin it up to 11k comin into a corner, settin' up with a finger on the front brake, downshifting, then slammin it down and lettin the rear meat drift just enough to break traction (so your front end is popinted where you want it), then dumping the clutch and listening to that deep exhaust note turn into a screaming wail as the tach needle jumps to 12k and your front end gets real light as you rocket out of the hairpin and set up for the next one. God I miss my GSXR. So, does the tread on the edge of your tires (edge of the aspect ratio where the tread meets the sidewall) have that blued/feathered look the way a sportbikes tires SHOULD look? Have fun and wring that throttle out a few times for me.
Link Posted: 10/28/2001 6:58:47 AM EDT
i woke up and went in to work (i have to work weekends a lot when i have to take the network down, salary sucks) spent about 7.5 hours on the phone with cisco tech support....got everything set up and came home....surfed around ar15.com i would go riding today....too cold though...i cant wait until it warms up a little so i can ride again....
Top Top