Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2012 10:28:23 AM EDT
My buddy brought 2 new shooters and I brought one new shooter that I know from work. Firearms used were my Walther P22, M&P 9mm Compact and Full size, and Kimber 1911. My buddy had his XD 9mm.

The two friends my buddy brought turned out to be very anti-gun and had many pre-conceived and flat out wrong notions about firearms. I heard so many idiotic comments to the point I just stopped trying to correct them. They already had their minds made up about guns before getting to the range and it just didn't matter what was said. They might as well not have come. I think my friend was pretty pissed he brought them.

My buddy on the other hand had a fantastic time and really enjoyed the new experience. He was actually a really good shot too!

I love taking new people to the range. Safety is always the number one priority but having fun falls right behind. The two anti-gun folks didn't even try.

Oh well. To each their own.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 10:30:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Glad to hear you got new people involved in shooting. As for the two anti's, some people just don't know how to have a good time.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 10:31:04 AM EDT
[#2]
You should have told the anti-gunners to go downrange and hold the targets. Good for you...some people just don't want to open their eyes.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 10:34:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Did the anti's shoot? They had to be at least curious to agree to go to the range. If they shot one of my guns I woulda added "Good..good....now your fingerprints are on my guns"
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 10:39:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Did the anti's shoot? They had to be at least curious to agree to go to the range. If they shot one of my guns I woulda added "Good..good....now your fingerprints are on my guns"

Yea they both shot multiple guns. The female new shooter was shooting my P22 and 9mm firearms at targets about 7 yards away and was being coached by another female (my wife). The female new shooter got through roughly half a magazine on both guns and gave up. She was hitting the target too.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 3:11:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You should have told the anti-gunners to go downrange and hold the targets. Good for you...some people just don't want to open their eyes.

If she went downrange at least then she would have a reason to not like guns.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 3:13:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Good on you for introducing someone to firearms.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 3:17:41 PM EDT
[#7]
well, you can't win 'em all. at least one of them had a good time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top