Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2004 4:25:57 PM EDT
He is repeating the democratic mantra of the draft.

World Net Daily Commentary
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:45:02 PM EDT
[#1]
A jackass struggling with the futility of irrelevance.

Remember, this was the guy that told us in '91 that the American troops would be unable to handle high-intensity combat, and were a poor match for Sadam's battle-hardened troops.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:44:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
A jackass struggling with the futility of irrelevance.

Remember, this was the guy that told us in '91 that the American troops would be unable to handle high-intensity combat, and were a poor match for Sadam's battle-hardened troops.

And he said there would be 10,000 US killed in the 1991 war.

Hackworth rarely get things right on military matters and frequently plays to whichever side he thinks is strongest at the time.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:15:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Hack is interested in one thing:  more exposure.  He's the Attention Whore from Hell.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:23:44 AM EDT
[#4]

Is his book 'About Face' considered factual?  I read it as a teenager and revered him as a god among men for YEARS, until I started reading so much critisizm about him.

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:25:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I respect the hell out of Hack's combat record but he is full of it...
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:44:21 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Is his book 'About Face' considered factual?  I read it as a teenager and revered him as a god among men for YEARS, until I started reading so much critisizm about him.

I had no reason to doubt his book till I started hearing how much he talks out of his ass.  I suppose if he were running for office, his book would be more closely scrutinized.  The way he self-promotes at the expense of the truth, I am starting to doubt his book as well.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:06:13 AM EDT
[#7]
I think he did some good stuff on active duty, and also afterward.

However, he built his reputation on bucking the system, and thus he continues to buck, even when the system is doing OK.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:12:54 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I think he did some good stuff on active duty, and also afterward.

However, he built his reputation on bucking the system, and thus he continues to buck, even when the system is doing OK.

When he bucked the system in Korea and Vietnam he did it for the right reasons, the troops!

Now it seems like he just wants attention
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:16:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Hackworth is a 'tard. He's one of the examples of how similar courage and stupidity can appear.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top