Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 1/8/2005 4:39:29 PM EDT
Does anyone know of or work for a department that will let a retired officer from another department qualify so they can be covered under H.R. 218 anywhere in IL? My father is retired from from Chicago PD with almost 30 years and they are giving their officers the run-aroudn and dragging their feet on this and the State Police won't help out either. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 5:26:08 PM EDT
Shit-cago has "problems" being forced to allow LEO's that aren't Chicago (or immediately verifiable via LEADS) from carrying in their city - ie the state of IL, since it is, of course, chicago's 51st ward...

I'm sure that Gov. Blago has been less than insisted on compliance

It's too bad the feds won't start the blackmail campaign of witholding fed funding for noncomplaince... it's one use of that strongarm tactic I wouldn't mind seeing.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 7:10:30 PM EDT
After 30 years he should know a firearms instructor still on the job, no? If that's the case, ask a favor and get him "qualified".
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 9:28:31 PM EDT
He's tried reaching out to a couple instructors still on the job and they've told him everything is "up in the air" and they've been given no direction on this. Also, they are all afraid to do anything unofficial for fear of losing their jobs. Afterall, it is Daley's Chicago and his politics rule. Even the local FOP is telling him that IL may have to pass "special legislation" to accomadate the Federal bill. Now how's that for a crock of sh!t?

His best bet is looking like finding a small PD far outside the city that will do it. He's tried the ISP and they won't touch as they are taking their cues from Gov. Blago's minions.
Top Top