Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/27/2014 6:44:20 PM EDT
I have a "whole home humidifier" next to my furnace that I think has stopped working.  It's very dry/staticky in my house and there's no water or condensation coming out of the drain tube.  I closed then opened the shutoff valve that runs water to the unit.  Other than that, I don't really know what else to troubleshoot, if there's even anything to do.  The furnace and humidifier are less than 6 years old (my first house) so I don't know if these things are considered disposable or what.

Anything I can try myself before calling a repairman out?
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 6:55:51 PM EDT
[#1]
probably clogged up.  look for the solenoid, undo flair nuts to see where water is getting to.  If you had a meter I would say look for 24 volts on the solenoid coil, other than that, hard to walk you through something if you dont have the basic skills and knowlege.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top