Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2006 12:46:01 PM EDT
Ok, we have some new analysis of 5005 that makes it potentially somewhat cooler and we have a new bill that puts further restrictions on the ATF to curb abuses.

First, I draw your attention to the original analysis in PDF and specifically to the altered 922(o).

Quote:
(2) This subsection does not apply with respect to—....
(C) a transfer to, or possession by, a licensed manufacturer or licensed importer
solely for testing, research, design, or development of ammunition or a firearm;....
(E) any lawful transfer or lawful possession of a machinegun that was lawfully
possessed before the date this subsection takes effect.  

In which we see that 06 FFLs (10 bucks a year) that manufacture ammunition for sale to others can now transfer and possess post 86 MGs. My only concern is what happens if your FFL ever expires. I think they should change the proposed law to allow retention of lawfully transferred weapons and then it would actually be an awesome bill.

I also refer your attention to HR5092 which reels in the ATF in a few small ways, but reels them in nonetheless. Dont have a permalink to Thomas yet, but feel free to post one.

Link:
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=194530

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top