Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 2/5/2006 12:46:31 AM EDT
Ok, check out this scenario, you live in a two story home; your wife/girl is sleeping with you in your bed room, kids/etc in their bed room. You suddenly wake up to the sound of a home invader. 1, 2, 3 unknown how many. You grab your AR/AK/FAL/12 Gauge, whatever makes you happy. You tell the wife to wake up, and go in the room with the kids and stay silent. The next step is what I want to know what you would do...

keep in mind, if you go downstairs and get blasted, your family is now unprotected.....
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:48:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Go kill him/them.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:51:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I would not go to my childs room, i would make sure the BG never got that far. My GF would be armed and i would be waiting in the hall,i would be dead and out of ammo before they had access to the bedrooms.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:52:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Rack the shotgun, its the only warning they will get.  If they dont take the hint and follow my directions (disarm, lie down) then I will assume they wish to end my life/family's life and act accordingly.

But the dogs would have alerted me to their presence before they got in the house.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:54:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Go kill him/them.

Kill your wife and kids? Kind of extreme...
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:55:01 AM EDT
[#5]
RELEASE THE HOUNDS
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:56:57 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Go kill him/them.

Well when your home is being invaded you cant really trust anyone
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:02:14 AM EDT
[#7]
I would not go to my childs room, i would make sure the BG never got that far. My GF would be armed and i would be waiting in the hall,i would be dead and out of ammo before they had access to the bedrooms.

i kinda understand where you are coming from....
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:04:51 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Go kill him/them.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:05:33 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Go kill him/them.

Pretty much. Course, when someone breaks into your home with a weapon, its usually a given they want to do you bodily harm.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:09:52 AM EDT
[#10]

Well they piss me off. Also since seeing Brokeback mountain I realise my who true love is and they are holding me back.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:13:17 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Well they piss me off. Also since seeing Brokeback mountain I realise my who true love is and they are holding me back.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:14:57 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Go kill him/them.

Keyser Soze
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:17:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Dial 911 and hope the PoPo shows up in time while cowering under my bed.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:20:09 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Dial 911 and hope the PoPo shows up in time while cowering under my bed.

I hope your tape recording of a shot gun being racked over and over again will be playing while you place this call?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:26:32 AM EDT
[#15]
I would run out naked covered in petroleum jelly screaming alahu ackbar! at the top of my lungs
firing 30 rounds from my AR.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:30:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Where the hell are the Spelling Nazis?!?!?!?!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:37:39 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Sometimes, it just isn't worth it. Besides, when your home is being invasatated, who has time for a bit of grammar?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:44:53 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

ze speiling nassis arrs sleppeng!!

As far as the scenario is concerned, my wife/gf would be armed and protecting the kids at the rearmost area of the house (one way in, one way out) and I would wait far in front of them (say the top of the stairs). They would have to go through me to get to them.

I would only go downstairs to look for the intruders if it was absolutely necessary or if I knew where they were and how many, which isn't likely.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:59:01 AM EDT
[#19]
No Warning no mercy. If they are in the house, they will be in the house when the cops get there. NO WARNING>
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:04:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Just call the cop's or fed's , tell them you have a illegal firearm, they will be there in a second.

That or start shooting through the drywall.  Drop mag ,insert new mag repeat often enough to make your house look like the one on "The Gauntlet"  .  With your family safe and sound.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:19:03 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Go kill him/them.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:28:29 AM EDT
[#22]
damn, we are equally divided in opinions as to what to do.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:03:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Voted option 1 .... don't be a hero ... don't put your family at risk.

If you are alone .... that is another story!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:16:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Home invasation... What would I do?

If my home were invasated, I would do like the pretty lady in the commercial and hug my daughter, go to the ADT intercom and report the "problem."  You see, home invasators are scared to death of home security alarm annunciators.  The mere sound of an alarm causes them to drop their weapons and run away like little girls.  I definately wouldn't have a weapon in the house because that could be dangerous to children and other living things.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:27:10 AM EDT
[#25]
you left out the stay in your room protecting your family and phone 911. Hopefully they're still ripping you off when the cops show up. We like catching them red handed. Makes for easy reports.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:31:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Where the hell is the option to call the police?

It would be get them safely in a room.  Lock the door, GF well armed and calling the police.  Me out in the halway watching the steps with a shotgbun in the right hand, AR in the left and the Uzi and FAL mounted in the halway pre-aimed to cross at the top of the stairs activated by a string tied to my right big toe.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:49:14 AM EDT
[#27]
The way my wife and I have agreed to handle situations like this is for me to wake her up (she sleep like a log) , for her to run into the bathroom and close/lock the door while calling 911 and arming herself with my AK that is kept in the bathroom.

I'll grab my Benelli and Glock 23 and handle what I can.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:02:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Jump out the window and run screaming down the street naked.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:07:04 AM EDT
[#29]
So you cap the stranger standing in your hallway.

PoPo shows up and finds the "stranger" is the  alzheimer patient that has been missing for 3 days.

As they confiscate the murder weapon, they also search for more and find an Arsenal of weapons and thousands of rounds of ammo.

Homeland Security is called, and they confiscate your computer and find thousands of posts on radical right wing websites, some calling for violent opposition to government and police authority.

You are labeled a neo-nazi and become best "friends" with Bubba your new room mate.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:14:01 AM EDT
[#30]
You have already prepared the wife, she knows how to rock n' roll. Her job is to stay with kids while aiming at the door with her own rifle/pistol thats she's trained with.

Your job is to find and neutralize the threat.

Home invasions around here only prey upon the elderly...
they case neighborhoods looking for targets of opportunity.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:14:49 AM EDT
[#31]
I'd shout "kids, get on that .50 cal!" and tell the wife to take a defensive position with her AR (and sweetums, don't forget the bayonet this time).

Then I would toss a tear gas canister and a shock grenade downstairs, followed by me storming down the stairs in a gas mask and full body armor screaming "NOBODY LIVES FOREVER". I would go through 10-12 30rd mags with my AR, and then proceed to hack the bloody corpse of the invaders into tiny little pieces with a machete.

I would also video the entire encounter and post it on Arfcom.

Nothing too drastic, though.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:16:00 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Where the hell is the option to call the police?

It would be get them safely in a room.  Lock the door, GF well armed and calling the police.  Me out in the halway watching the steps with a shotgbun in the right hand, AR in the left and the Uzi and FAL mounted in the halway pre-aimed to cross at the top of the stairs activated by a string tied to my right big toe.

Thats an illegal machine gun!!!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:28:35 AM EDT
[#33]
1. I would wake my wife quietly and inform her of the situation.

2. Since I always have a 12 Ga. and Sig in the bedroom at night - she stays there with the shotgun.
    and calls 911

3. I make my way with my pistol quietly to the kids room and take up a defensive position as there is no defensive position to cover the top of the stairs.

4. I announce loudly that  I am armed and the police have been called.

5.  A. Wait for LEO to show up if they DO NOT come upstairs........
    B. Kill them IF they do come upstairs.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:31:11 AM EDT
[#34]
The way my wife and I have agreed to handle situations like this is for me to wake her up (she sleep like a log) , for her to run into the bathroom and close/lock the door while calling 911 and arming herself with my AK that is kept in the bathroom.[/b]

DAMN, YOU KEEP AN AK IN THE BATHROOM..... WOULDNT WANT TO RIP YOU OFF!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:32:55 AM EDT
[#35]
If Sgt. Schultze, my 115 lb. German Shephard, and Mojo my little pitbull didn't lick and cuddle them into submission I would probably have to sit them down and give them a very stern lecture about why stealing is wrong. I could probably even use a sock as a makeshift McGruff crimedog puppet for emphasis on the really important parts. We would conclude our talk over cups of warm cocoa(no marshmellows though because they were naughty), and I would send them on their way with a few dollars to help them out, a new sense of morality, and a song for Jesus on their lips.

That or that thing where I tie a .50 cal to a string on my big toe, I liked that idea.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:33:34 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Go kill him/them.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:37:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:46:40 AM EDT
[#38]
+1 on defense.  1st line is me near the top of the stairwell and 2nd line is wife with the 357 and the kids.  If they try to come up the stairs before the police arrive, the shit breaks loose.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:50:57 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
So you cap the stranger standing in your hallway.

PoPo shows up and finds the "stranger" is the  alzheimer patient that has been missing for 3 days.

As they confiscate the murder weapon, they also search for more and find an Arsenal of weapons and thousands of rounds of ammo.

Homeland Security is called, and they confiscate your computer and find thousands of posts on radical right wing websites, some calling for violent opposition to government and police authority.

You are labeled a neo-nazi and become best "friends" with Bubba your new room mate.

So, after you kill the guy, but before the po-po comes, you fire a "warning shot" into the ceiling.  Then the neighbors heard two shots.  You can say the alzheimer's guy just kept coming after you warned him, then it is clear-cut self-defense and everyone is happy.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:51:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Well if they got to the house my dogs would be going crazy.

I would grab the kids and wife and get them to one location(1st priority bullets go thru walls).

Then my oldest son and I would go hunting

FREE
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:52:47 AM EDT
[#41]

I'd invite my guest to sit down for a cup of joe and have a little chat to see what it was that I did to make them want to invade my home.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:56:32 AM EDT
[#42]
Need another choice- Wait at the top of the stairs or another ambush location.  With an unknown amount of invaders it would be foolish to try to clear the house by yourself.  For 3 perps you would need 8-12 men to effectively clear the downstairs.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:00:39 AM EDT
[#43]
I'm pretty sure that the dogs would have given me a little more warning
than what was suggested.

Usually a barking dog will make robbers consider going to a
quieter house,with less teeth.

After I'm up ,the little lady isn't exactly defenseless on her own.

I'll be hunting ,with my dogs spotting for me.

Fetch ,Good boys !  
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:03:04 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
The way my wife and I have agreed to handle situations like this is for me to wake her up (she sleep like a log) , for her to run into the bathroom and close/lock the door while calling 911 and arming herself with my AK that is kept in the bathroom.[/b]

DAMN, YOU KEEP AN AK IN THE BATHROOM..... WOULDNT WANT TO RIP YOU OFF!

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:03:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Go hold the stairway while I had the wife call the police.  Then have her pick up a firearm as well and go from there.  Possibly venture downstairs but probably not.  Besides, they'll come upstairs eventually.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:06:26 AM EDT
[#46]
as much as I want to be the hunter the best thing for ME to do is 911 and stay in a room ready to open fire.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:11:51 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:12:28 AM EDT
[#48]
They aren't going to make it out. I live out in the country and  it takes the cops 20 mins or so to get here. The bad guys would already be assuming room temperature by the time the cops arrive. Mess with my family and a world of hurt is coming down.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:20:05 AM EDT
[#49]
There isn't a choice for me.  I have a natural choke point in the house that as long as they have not already reached that they have little chance of getting through while I'm armed.  We have 2 - 3 minute police repsonse here.  I'll stand my ground with the family.  They approach us, they die.  The police can deal with clearing rooms.

That's if I KNOW people are in the house.  If I heard something but don't know what it was, I investigate while armed.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:24:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top