Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 12/23/2002 2:26:43 PM EDT
I like the HKs features, but the magazine capacity of the Glock is nice. What do you guys have to say about these pistols?
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 2:28:09 PM EDT
Is there any real discussion here? HK, of course.
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 2:47:16 PM EDT
It's not even close.......[size=4][red]HK[/red][/size=4]
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 2:48:12 PM EDT
yea, i agree. HK all the way. Glock = cool, HK = fucking cool!
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 2:54:51 PM EDT
Corvette, Yugo...Corvette, Yugo...Corvette, Yugo...Go with the Vette. [size=4]H&K[/size=4] No comparison.. [b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 5:25:40 PM EDT
Your kiding right? This has got to be a joke. HK is the one to get.
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 5:30:52 PM EDT
H&K all the way, I own a USP Tactical and a compact .45. They are head and shoulders above a Glock. If you are a terrible shot and need dozens of tries to hit anything, there are more hi-caps available for a Glock. Just as there are plenty of parts for Toyota's when compared to Porsche, which would you drive if you could afford both?????
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 5:33:46 PM EDT
The only acceptable USP variants are 9 and 10. I would pick the Glock hands down. I earned an E-Ticket at Gunsite with my 35 and was the only one in a class of 32 (mostly custom 1911s) to shoot the school drill clean.
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 5:37:48 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 5:44:59 PM EDT
No contest. Glock is a POS compaired to the H&K.
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 5:48:40 PM EDT
Just get a SIG P220 and call it a day. [:D]
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 6:27:17 PM EDT
One more vote for the H&K. If you are going to get one then get the best.
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 6:44:57 PM EDT
I'm sure you'll be happy with either the G35 or USP .45. If possible, try to shoot both of them before making a decision. I have both models and I like the HK better.
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 7:10:51 PM EDT
Originally Posted By innocent_bystander: The only acceptable USP variants are 9 and 10.
View Quote
What are #'s 9 & 10? HK is the choice for me.
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 7:17:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/23/2002 7:20:06 PM EDT by innocent_bystander]
Even better borrow each and shoot the IDPA qualifier with them. I think you'll find the USP's double action pull impossible to master. Carrying a variant 1 USP cocked and locked will often result in accidently decocking the pistol on the draw. If you must have the USP, go with variant 9 or 10 which eliminates the decock. I've seen lots of USP shooters accidently drop mags. Some blame the gun others blame the shooters grip. Not sure which it is. In each of the schools that I've been to the instructors reaction is always negative when they find out a student has brought a USP with them. Food for thought. 1. DA/SA with "safe" position and control lever (manual safety/decocking lever) on left side of frame 2. DA/SA with "safe" position and control lever Variants 1 and 2 allow the user to carry the pistol in a single-action mode (cocked and locked) with the manual safety engaged. This same pistol, without modification, can be carried in double-action mode, with or without the manual safety engaged. 3. DA/SA without "safe" position with control lever (decocking lever) on the left side of frame 4. DA/SA without "safe" position with control lever (decocking lever) on the right side of frame Variants 3 and 4 provides the user with a frame-mounted decocking lever that does not have the "safe" position. This combination only allows the hammer to be lowered from SA position to DA position. It does not provide the "safe" position to prevent the pistol from firing when the trigger is pulled. 5. DA-Only with "safe" position and control lever (manual safety) on the left side of frame 6. DA-Only with "safe" position and control lever (manual safety) on the right side of frame 7. DA-Only without control lever (no safety/decocking lever) For the DA-Only user, variants 5, 6, and 7 of the USP operate as double action only pistol with a bobbed hammer always returning to the DA position (forward) after each shot is fired. To fire each shot the trigger must be pulled through the smooth DA trigger pull. Variants 5 and 6 have a manual safety lever. No control lever is provided on variant 7. 9. DA/SA with "safe" position and control lever (manual safety) on the left side of frame 10. DA/SA with "safe" position and control lever (manual safety) on the right side of frame Variants 9 and 10 allow the user to carry the pistol in a single-action mode (cocked and locked) with the manual safety engaged. The control lever can not be used to decock the hammer. These variants are the ideal choice for users who prefer shooting the pistol in SA mode with the thumb placed on top of the manual safety. This same pistol, without modification, can be carried in double-action mode, with or without the manual safety engaged, and provides second primer strike ability to single-action shooters.
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 7:37:23 PM EDT
Having shot both, I prefer the HK. DrMark
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 7:40:53 PM EDT
HK...
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 7:55:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/23/2002 7:58:09 PM EDT by madmedic]
I have a USP45 full size, and I have to say that in a long line of handguns I have owned...it is [b]absolutely, positively, 100%[/b] my favorite. It is VERY accurate, and has not failed in well over 1000 rounds downrange. I also own a SIG P229 in 40 s&w...I like that weapon alot also, but not as much as my H&K. As far as not being able to master the DA pull of the first round....I think that is rediculous. The de-cocker/safety is simple, and it has a mag release that can be operated by either your thumb, or your trigger finger. edited to add: the only possible drawback you might consider (if you are planning to carry concealed)...is that it is a fairly big gun
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 8:15:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/23/2002 8:26:05 PM EDT by Muad_Dib]
Originally Posted By innocent_bystander: I think you'll find the USP's double action pull impossible to master. Carrying a variant 1 USP cocked and locked will often result in accidently decocking the pistol on the draw. If you must have the USP, go with variant 9 or 10 which eliminates the decock. I've seen lots of USP shooters accidently drop mags. Some blame the gun others blame the shooters grip. Not sure which it is. In each of the schools that I've been to the instructors reaction is always negative when they find out a student has brought a USP with them. Food for thought.
View Quote
I have two USPs and have not yet experienced any of the problems you reference here, and I also shoot IDPA. The double action is not impossible to master. I'd put it is somewhere in between that of a Glock and Sig, leaning slightly toward the Sig. Before I bought one I did a lot of research and heard a lot of people saying the you must change your grip after the first shot, and other ill things. It is a long pull, but FAR from impossible to master. In the thousands of draws I've made from a holster, I have never EVER accidentaly decocked my pistol. Nor have I ever dropped a mag that was properly seated. I have managed to catch the edge of my hand in the mag once or twice so that it didn't lock into place, but never dropped it due to mistakenly pushing the mag release. And if you're paranoid about decocking you can always install an abidextrous safety/decocker lever. It is nearly impossible to accidentaly decock a USP with an ambi safety. The lever will not move down unless you give it some space under your hand. And I've never had anyone give me an, "Oh, you're shooting an HK? [rolleyes]" or any other serious negative that doesn't revolve around brand-centric mentalities. What two schools and which instructors are you referencing here? What exactly were there comments? I have had several people see me shooting it, or see it in the holster, and drum up a conversation just to talk about it though. So HK USP or Glock.... well, I don't own a Glock. I've shot a couple and just wasn't all that impressed.
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 8:21:04 PM EDT
I'd say get a Jennings .25(j/k)....I've shot both, and I liked both....but, I'm not crazy about the glock in general(If I had a comfortable grip it would be pointing up). So, my choice is the H&K(but it is bulky).
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 11:10:38 PM EDT
I have a Glock26 & a HK USP Expert chamber 45ACP. I would prefer the HK. I don't know if >10 round mags are a requirement; if so go with the Glock, otherwise USP. If you are a civilian there are very few >10 legal mags for 45ACP, >10 rounds mags are available for the Glock, abid high, but a available.
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 11:14:55 PM EDT
Go with the glock... It costs much less (same construction), is super reliable and combat accurate. And to all you H&K pistol fans, do you remember the VP70? Has Glock ever made a POS like that? Why do you worship an anti-gun company that won't even allow the SL8 to take AR mags? And what about their customer service? Or replacement parts? Go with what works, go Glock!
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 11:22:39 PM EDT
Originally Posted By SHTFman: . . And to all you H&K pistol fans, do you remember the VP70? Has Glock ever made a POS like that? Why do you worship an anti-gun company that won't even allow the SL8 to take AR mags? And what about their customer service? Or replacement parts? Go with what works, go Glock!
View Quote
If HK didn't jump thru those hoops, the anti-gun Klinton(Hillary & Bill)-administration would not allow its importation. At least it is available, something is better than nothing. Of course HK is NOT known for the legendary customer service, even though I had nothing personally repaired by them, talking with some friends who sent in firearms to be serviced.
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 11:23:47 PM EDT
HK
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 2:03:06 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 2:10:34 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 2:45:30 AM EDT
Yet another vote for HK. [:D] USPC40 [img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=476[/img] [url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url] [url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url] [img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=469[/img]
Top Top