Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2009 2:38:02 PM EDT
I ordered a suppressor in .45 cal back in March, well it finally came in and I went to do the paperwork.  Well me dealer had it mounted on an HK UMP SBR , to say I liked it would be an understatement.  I know there is an HK section here, but I searched and didn't find anything.  He is selling it for $1900 so with a stamp it would be $2100, I'm sure he would deal a little and I even talked about tranding some 7.62x39 ammo in the deal as I have more than I will ever use.  Any thoughts/experiences with this particular gun???   It is so quiet with the suppressor on it, I fell in love at first sight!  
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 2:42:01 PM EDT
[#1]

I don't have a suppressor for it, but it is an awesome weapon. It is very accurate, and a joy to shoot. The mags cost a lot, but it was worth it to me

~edit~

That is a really good deal, usually the conversions go for 2500+.  Hopefully it isn't the greasegun conversion, and can actually use the UMP mags.

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 2:43:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Getting mine SBR'd when bonus comes around..

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 2:53:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I don't have a suppressor for it, but it is an awesome weapon. It is very accurate, and a joy to shoot. The mags cost a lot, but it was worth it to me

~edit~
That is a really good deal, usually the conversions go for 2500+.  Hopefully it isn't the greasegun conversion, and can actually use the UMP mags.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e296/wombatturd/Gun%20Stuff/DSCN2526-1.jpg

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e296/wombatturd/Gun%20Stuff/DSCN2576.jpg

He did state that it was a USC converted to the UMP, when he was telling me about it I didn't really know WTF he was talking about, but after some research online I now know.  He also stated that I would be the third owner, anything to look for on it.  I think I will go take a closer look tomorrow so any input would be appreciated.  

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 2:58:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Getting mine SBR'd when bonus comes around..

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3480/3317377778_5d24fece62_b.jpg

That gun just doesn't look right with a 16" barrel. Neither do the MP5's or the P90's.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 3:02:44 PM EDT
[#5]
What kind of can did he have mounted?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 3:04:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

He did state that it was a USC converted to the UMP, when he was telling me about it I didn't really know WTF he was talking about, but after some research online I now know. He also stated that I would be the third owner, anything to look for on it. I think I will go take a closer look tomorrow so any input would be appreciated.

Just check to make sure there aren't any major defects/cracks on the weapon.  I would suggest asking the gun shop dude to take the stock off, just to see if there are any problems with the screws that hold it on.  I just had to replace my stock because the screw part in the stock would just spin and spin making disassembly pretty darn tough.  Thank goodness I have extras of almost everything.  Other than that, I have yet to have any fucntional problems with it, I even went 1000rds with out cleaning it to see if it can. It feeds every type of round, and it is really accurate.  I do have an actual UMP barrel, and did not have my 16'' cut down. I may cut it down and thread it for whatever suppressor I get for my MK23.

You can also get the 9mm or 40cal kits later on if you want.  All it takes is one pin pushed out and a caliber swap is easy as pie.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 3:06:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

My YHM Cobra
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 3:11:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I have all the parts. Just waiting for cash to do the conversion.

That's a good deal, but make sure it takes REAL UMP mags, not greasegun mags.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 3:20:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My YHM Cobra

It didn't have a real UMP bbl...

(And FWIW, I'm quite happy with my greasegun mag conversion)
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 5:34:24 PM EDT
[#10]
He had just threaded the barrel
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top