Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2001 1:04:40 AM EDT
Imagine that parts for the G11 where as easy to find as M16/AR15 parts and ammo prices where identical, which would you want?
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 3:33:50 AM EDT
[#1]
You mean the "Self Firing Black Forest Cuckoo Clock"?[IMG]http://www.freakygamers.com/smilies/s2/contrib/aahmed/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

The G11 was stopped very early in the development curve.  The concept is valid, but this particular design is not yet a viable weapon.

Recall that HK submitted this design for the US ACR trials. It, along with all the others, were rejected as not being a sufficient improvement over the M16.  See a photo on page 294 of Military Small Arms Of The 20th Century.

Link Posted: 12/13/2001 3:50:40 AM EDT
[#2]
When the Wt. factor is equal to or better than my BushMaster flat top
in OD moly with Bushy's Super Lt. Wt. chrome line barrel and Kurts Kustom
post ban muzzle brake...maybe...na Ive already owned two HK 91's one 93 and have a current SR-9 which is up for sale....(though I would like an MP-5 in 10mm or 45 ACP fully suppressed ...of course)
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 4:45:55 PM EDT
[#3]
M16. I don't like the idea of having a combat weapon with ammo that will misfire if it's damp for more than a few hours.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 8:10:45 AM EDT
[#4]
already have the first 2!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top