Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2010 9:58:08 AM EDT
HK has a new belt fed 7.62 machine gun. Looks like they gave the MG4 the Mk48 treatment (scaled up SAW) - maybe. One of the milphotos poster says no.

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?185037-New-7.62-MG-HK-121

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:08:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd still rather have the FN product.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:17:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
HK has a new belt fed 7.62 machine gun. Looks like they gave the MG4 the Mk48 treatment (scaled up SAW) - maybe. One of the milphotos poster says no.

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?185037-New-7.62-MG-HK-121

http://www.abload.de/img/indexo16d.jpg

That's Hot.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:17:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Where the heck are you supposed to put your off hand?  That part of the stock looks like a big square.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:19:38 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Where the heck are you supposed to put your off hand?  That part of the stock looks like a big square.

[HK] STFU!  You'll put your support hand on the barrel.  You know why?  Because you suck and we hate you [/HK]

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:24:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks cool to me.

When can I order one of each, in 5.56 and 7.62?

Go HK!

Chris
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:30:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Looks cool to me.

Go HK!

Chris

When HK closes and re opens under new owners that do not hate civilian gun ownership and the hughes amendment is repealed
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:33:10 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

[HK] STFU!  You'll put your support hand on the barrel.  You know why?  Because you suck and we hate you [/HK]

I was one of the first guys to get an M-240G on Camp Lejeune, it came with no hanguards at all.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:34:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was one of the first guys to get an M-240G on Camp Lejeune, it came with no hanguards at all.

Not on top, but it had a lower handguard didn't it?

And yes, from what I hear HK will tell you where to put your hand.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:36:13 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks cool to me.

Go HK!

Chris

When HK closes and re opens under new owners that do not hate civilian gun ownership and the hughes amendment is repealed

How is the 89 ban HK's fault?

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:37:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks cool to me.

Go HK!

Chris

It isnt, bad information.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:38:35 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks cool to me.

Go HK!

Chris

It's not.  It is really the ATF's fault for reinterpreting their own enforcement of the 68 GCA.

And I hope HK doesn't hate me

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:41:54 AM EDT
[#12]
The rate of fire is?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:42:43 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing but the bi-pods. Marine Corps doctrine was that it was to be deployed on the bi-pod, or the tri-pod. No Rambo stuff.

ETA: The Army uses the M-240B(?) and that has handguards.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:51:59 AM EDT
[#14]
MG3 is a great weapon!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:55:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nothing but the bi-pods. Marine Corps doctrine was that it was to be deployed on the bi-pod, or the tri-pod. No Rambo stuff.

I was 0341, but in the Pig era on my initial enlistment, so I'm familiar, though not expert, on doctrine. I just thought the initial M240G's had a lower plastic handguard. I remember when the Army started getting SAWs and they objected to it not having a top barrel guard. Same with the M240 - they had to put one on which slows barrel changes. But note the M60E3s we got in the 80s had a forward grip.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:06:03 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was 0341, but in the Pig era on my initial enlistment, so I'm familiar, though not expert, on doctrine. I just thought the initial M240G's had a lower plastic handguard. I remember when the Army started getting SAWs and they objected to it not having a top barrel guard. Same with the M240 - they had to put one on which slows barrel changes. But note the M60E3s we got in the 80s had a forward grip.
We got the G's in the fall of 95', switching from the E3's. Wasn't to excited about the 8(?) extra pounds. I was a 1371, and somehow I ended up going to some armorer's class at Camp Geiger. I was a lance cooly in  a room full of staff NCO's, warrant officers, and officers. Not sure how that happened, but 2d CEB I believe was the first to get them on base.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:07:04 AM EDT
[#17]

So what already on the shelf features is H&K claiming to be their wizz bang invention now?

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:10:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks cool to me.

Go HK!

Chris

I don't know bro, it must be you, because they like me and I have nice letter from them thanking me for being an HK owner, to prove it, after I sent a frozen rear drum sight up to them to be fixed.

Try harder.

Chris

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:22:06 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Go look at how the Germans hold/shoot the MG3 and you will figure it out.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:24:44 AM EDT
[#20]
i like it!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:24:56 AM EDT
[#21]
I'd rather have a Shrike...........
for the rcord......I'm kidding.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:26:26 AM EDT
[#22]

[HK] Its NOT a MAG knockoff, see it says "HK" on the side! [/HK]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top