Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 6:36:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Why aren't they trying to peddle the 416?
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 6:38:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Dressed up trashcan gun?
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 6:41:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So will the barrel trunion melt on this one too?

I kind of like the looks of it but knowing HK if it ever made it to civi sales it would be $3500 and come in grey with a single stack magwell requiring another grand or two in modifications to unfuck it.
View Quote

And an unlined, untreated 5-pound barrel that gets shot out at 15 yards within 3K rounds.

Oh, and there's no point including the quick-change barrels for civilians, we'll sell a $200 proprietary tool to change barrels. And we will only offer them in one length, one caliber, one profile, with a retarded left-hand metric thread twist, for $1500 apiece.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 6:42:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 2/2/2017 6:43:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Reciprocating charging handle why?
View Quote

Non-reciprocating.

The Bren 2, or Bren 806, has a non-reciprocating charging handle. The Bren 805 PS1, which is what is currently being sold, has a reciprocating charging handle.

This HK Abortion has a non-reciprocating charging handle, as well.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 6:44:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks like they fixed the G36. Or its an HK 416 MK2 in a package that just doesn't scream "M4 with a piston system derived from the G36"
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 6:54:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Looks like they fixed the G36. Or its an HK 416 MK2 in a package that just doesn't scream "M4 with a piston system derived from the G36"
View Quote

HK allegedly had plans to fix the G-36 back in the day and it got nixed by the German MOD as the G-36 was "good enough".

Frankly...I like the G-36.  It needs to correct some issues like the heat problems and holding zero but that isn't a problem that couldn't be solved with some additional metal in the chassis.  

Overall, the G-36 has a very reliable basic system.  It is ergonomic, compact (version depending), and simple to keep running.  It works great in multiple barrel lengths, both suppressed and un suppressed.  It is not ammo sensitive and it doesn't require constant lube/clean/lube.  

Get some decent rails, add a robust optic mount/rail on top, get the heat issue fixed...and it's a good system.  

The K version in 300 Black would be a solid PDW.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 7:00:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Does it come with arabic markings ?
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 7:40:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks like a German XCR.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 7:41:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

HK allegedly had plans to fix the G-36 back in the day and it got nixed by the German MOD as the G-36 was "good enough".

Frankly...I like the G-36.  It needs to correct some issues like the heat problems and holding zero but that isn't a problem that couldn't be solved with some additional metal in the chassis.  

Overall, the G-36 has a very reliable basic system.  It is ergonomic, compact (version depending), and simple to keep running.  It works great in multiple barrel lengths, both suppressed and un suppressed.  It is not ammo sensitive and it doesn't require constant lube/clean/lube.  

Get some decent rails, add a robust optic mount/rail on top, get the heat issue fixed...and it's a good system.  

The K version in 300 Black would be a solid PDW.
View Quote

This essentially looks like a G36 evolution.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 7:41:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Eotechs?

Is their funeral.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 7:51:59 PM EDT
[#12]
German Army is looking for modular rifle, this is in response to a tender.  This is not HK just coming up with something out of thin air w/o a request.

This has shades of the XM8.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 7:55:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Looking at those pictures, this looks like an updated G-36 rather than an AR-15 variant. Look at the location on the charging handle, similar to the position of the G-36. Looks like they slimmed it down so you don't have a massive handle/cap area for lower optic mounting, and the handle points out of the side. Rear of the weapon looks similar in shape to the G-36 and is clearly not an AR based receiver. Looks like it uses AR mags. Not sure if that is a bolt release by the trigger guard ACR style, or just a finger rest. Ejection port area looks a lot like a G-36.

I think it is a product improved G-36. My understanding is the G-36 is very reliable, but too many areas had polymer which needed more metal reinforcement and ergonomics were lacking. This probably has changes made to prevent any zero drift as well as some ergonomic enhancements. Probably a good rifle, and what the G-36 probably should have been. But we'll have to wait and see.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 8:06:35 PM EDT
[#14]
CANT WAIT TILL MAC MAKES IT JAM ON YOUTUBE  
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 8:13:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Cause all the flaws outside of suppressed 10 inch full auto use that people point out in 416/IAR threads

are true?

Edit.  I'd like to see this one win, just for the meltdown.

Link Posted: 2/2/2017 8:13:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Eotechs?

Is their funeral.
View Quote

HA!  Beat me to it!  Of course I would have a in there!
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 8:21:28 PM EDT
[#17]
*insert* Iranianguysortawant.jpg
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 8:39:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Cause all the flaws outside of suppressed 10 inch full auto use that people point out in 416/IAR threads

are true?

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/steyr_mannlicher_stm556-tfb.jpg
View Quote

STM 556 is such an interesting gun. I wish we could get a civvie version here.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 8:42:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Doesn't have a dust cover.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 8:43:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

are true?

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/steyr_mannlicher_stm556-tfb.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

are true?

I discussed that system with some guys that have had hands on it and they said it was solid...but that the rail/ergos/weight distro were kinda marginal.  

If the goal was simply to be reliable and accurate...great...but hand placement, super hot exposed gas block, and so on...not so great.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 8:44:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Nice XCR.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 10:14:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Robinson Armament pimping its rifles in GD. - Raptor22
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 10:20:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
This is amazing.  Another plastic copy of the now 10 year old Robinson Armament Co XCR-L Rifle.   It's taken H&K 10 years to make a copy?   The XCR-L and its big brother the XCR-M are arguably the best designed tactical rifles on the planet.  Not only do they have the best ergonomics, great durability and reliability, but are IMMEDIATELY available with caliber conversion kits in 5.56, .300 BLK, 6.8, 7.62x39, and 6.5 Grendel (yes, 6.5 Grendel is shipping.)   The XCR-M model is IMMEDIATELY available with caliber conversion kits in .308, .243, .260, and 6.5 Creedmoor.   I have several of these and have shot them in many of these calibers.   The new 2017 models are also now very accurate.  Where the SCAR, ACR, and MCX have promised; Robinson Armament has delivered.   www.robarm.com
View Quote
You've lurked for 13 years, and your first post is a shill post?  

The similarities here are very heavily taken from other companies.  However, HK seems to have sticking power and support for things for a goodly long while, which makes me think that that rifle, if sold to US civilians, would be continually supported a little better than arguably "better" similar rifles from smaller companies.

i still prefer (and an waiting on) the CZ 806, but this one--if done well and comes in at a reasonable price--has my attention.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 10:28:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
This is amazing.  Another plastic copy of the now 10 year old Robinson Armament Co XCR-L Rifle.   It's taken H&K 10 years to make a copy?   The XCR-L and its big brother the XCR-M are arguably the best designed tactical rifles on the planet.  Not only do they have the best ergonomics, great durability and reliability, but are IMMEDIATELY available with caliber conversion kits in 5.56, .300 BLK, 6.8, 7.62x39, and 6.5 Grendel (yes, 6.5 Grendel is shipping.)   The XCR-M model is IMMEDIATELY available with caliber conversion kits in .308, .243, .260, and 6.5 Creedmoor.   I have several of these and have shot them in many of these calibers.   The new 2017 models are also now very accurate.  Where the SCAR, ACR, and MCX have promised; Robinson Armament has delivered.   www.robarm.com
View Quote
You burnt your first post in 13 years on this...peddling Alex fucking Robinson's shit...
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 10:32:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
You burnt your first post in 13 years on this...peddling Alex fucking Robinson's shit...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My guess it is Alex, or perhaps we'll know in two weeks.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 10:39:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Some kind of recoil elimination/delay voodoo like the AN-94 (but somehow not ridiculously complex).  Caseless like the G11, or at least polymer case like the US military is working on.  Heat elimination voodoo, which is likely to be a problem with caseless and polymer case.  Smart scopes integrated with precision guided bullets, like DARPA has successfully demonstrated with 50BMG (but much, much, much, waaaaaaaaaay cheaper).  If any of that is successfully developed we may be able to modify AR's to run it, or AR's will be obsolete.
View Quote

I apologize in advance for bringing video games into this serious discussion, but did you play Mass Effect 1 and 2?  

In ME1 the guns never ran out of ammo (they "manufactured" their ammo on board the gun), but had to be fired in bursts or they'd overheat and couldn't be fired for about 5 seconds until they cooled.  

I guess players bitched about this (I loved it) so in ME2 they had a "magazine" that absorbed the heat and when it couldn't take anymore heat you ejected the now red hot magazine, loaded another and kept firing.

As a guy interested in guns and gun technology, I thought this was rather interesting.  Heat is always the issue when ammo is plentiful.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 10:42:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Looks like a filleted version of their XM8 fish gun.

Link Posted: 2/2/2017 10:47:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Troll fail. Not only that, but the G-36 which this is mostly based off of, entered service in 1997. I hope they don't pay you much.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 10:51:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

No.. I've heard this before.  You won't trick me, robarms!
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 10:53:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Hmm, I like what I see with 433. If they could do a US version with a non-crap barrel and under $1600 or so, I'd take one for a spin.

But this is HK, so it's going to be $2700 with a shoddy naked steel barrel because reasons.

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

are true?

You can, it's called the Ruger SR-556 Takedown.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 10:57:39 PM EDT
[#31]
The Germans could do better
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 11:01:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Alex please go.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 11:12:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
The Germans could do better
View Quote

I thought they made good stuff!
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 11:14:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 11:25:21 PM EDT
[#35]
So they ripped off the Polish MSBS?
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 11:27:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 11:27:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Will this be a failure in the making?
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 11:38:17 PM EDT
[#38]
I'd better start saving now. Big things were eluded to by Jim Schatz on HKPro, with the factory being built in the US, and this probably being the other one.

What's more intriguing is the joint cartridge developed by H&K and Lapua. It's been called the 6.5x45, 43, and 40 in various sources. If it's an intermediate caliber developed jointly, and it's available in the 433, that would be titties.

I am an H&K whore though. Just bought my MR762A1, now it's time to strap the knee pads on to fund this thing.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 11:51:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Obviously you knowledge of guns is about as good as your spelling.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 11:53:05 PM EDT
[#40]
No one's trying to trick anyone.  The XCR is simply one of the best.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 12:01:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/3/2017 12:04:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/3/2017 12:06:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

So smooth... So smooth...

Link Posted: 2/3/2017 12:09:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Those motherfuckers better sell it here.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 12:10:44 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Looks pretty clear they ripped off the ACR
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So did they rip of FN this time instead of Colt?

Looks pretty clear they ripped off the ACR
does the ACR even exist? maybe i am out of it, i thought it was vaporware?
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 12:11:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's like a sales pitch...

I should add it to my listing that I may or may not have in another subsection of the site.  

Link Posted: 2/3/2017 12:12:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Those motherfuckers better sell it here.
View Quote

Fuck those faggy Germans and their new plastic fantastic
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 12:16:03 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Is this the gun that the Nazi Islamists of the 4th Reich will be using against us in WW3?
View Quote

I'm going to answer "yes" to that question.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 12:16:22 AM EDT
[#49]
Its about a decade late to the SCAR competition.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 12:16:30 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top