Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2003 11:46:05 AM EDT
I found a Nylon 66 (purchased in mid-60's) with original instructions, an original B-4 weaver scope still in the box and an Outer's 22 cal. cleaning kit. It's all from the 60's. The rifle is in very good condition and of course the nylon stock is almost perfect. No box for the gun though. Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 11:57:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I remember the ads for those guns, shoot a million rounds two malfunctions, I had to have one as a kid, got one as a adult, good shooters. But that is what they are shooters, not collectibles. 200 bucks tops JMO
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 12:01:27 PM EDT
[#2]
[img]http://www.toyadz.com/toyadz/daisy/remnylon66.jpg[/img]

$225.00 avg resale
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 11:14:25 AM EDT
[#3]
How about a Nylon 77?
A green nylon 22lr made for Kmart for just one year and clip fed.
I bought one like new.
This is the second one I have had.
I bought one new in the box in 95. It was still sitting in the Kmart supply room when they remodeled the store, and they brought it out and I bought it for $50. I should have stored it, and not shot it.
Boy, that 20/20 hindsight sucks.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 11:46:23 AM EDT
[#4]
In the "Believe It or Not" department, I just mentioned in another thread about my first rifle.  It was a Nylon 76, which was the lever action version of this one.

I remember the advertisement for the 66.  It showed one in a vise with a guy shooting it as fast as he could and empty brass about a foot deep in the room.

Unfortunately, they don't have much value nowadays.  $150-$200 at gun shows.

Link Posted: 5/4/2003 11:52:19 AM EDT
[#5]
My memory tells me they made this type in lever action, a black and chrome model, a magazine fed model, the green one mentioned, and the standard brown one.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 12:20:17 PM EDT
[#6]
[B]tim14655[/B] from Marlin Talk [URL]http://www.marlinfirearms.com/cgi-bin/ubb/Ultimate.cgi[/URL] "Rimfire Forum" has a small collection of these. Perhaps he can hook you up.

HTH
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 3:01:35 PM EDT
[#7]
This actually ties in to another thread from this weekend; as a teenager, I was shot with one of these by one of my idiotic "friends."

It was a great shooting rifle, though. I remember scraping together change and taking back my mom's beer cans for the deposit to get enough money to buy a brick of .22 at Target, which I would promptly shoot up with the Nylon 66.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 3:05:24 PM EDT
[#8]
My dad had a chrome Nylon 66--that was a sharp little rifle. Unfortunately he got rid of it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 3:34:57 PM EDT
[#9]
My older brother and I got the 66 as our first rifle when we were about 10 or so.
They were pretty damn cool.
We got to keep them in our own room with ammo too.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 3:45:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 7:31:44 PM EDT
[#11]

I have one of the green ones that says "Remington Apache 77"

Used to belong to my Father in law.

Link Posted: 5/4/2003 7:42:48 PM EDT
[#12]
My dear old dad had a Nylon 66 back in the early 70's. It was fed by a mag tube in the buttstock. I wouldn't mind picking one up for myself. I'm nostalgic that way.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 8:25:02 PM EDT
[#13]
He,he,heeee........

I've got one too.

My first rifle.

My father gave it to me.He bought it when he was a kid in his early 20's.

Its the black and nickle one,called the "Apache".

It is a great looking little plinker,probably one of the cooler .22's I've seen,and thankfully,its been kept in like new condition.

I remember in a thread a couplea years back here at AR15.com,someone posted that a guy set some sorta record for shootng consecutive tossed wood chips without a miss(back when the rifle was a new design).Can't remember how many I think 10,000 or something.

It is surprising that they aren't worth much,I've never seen one priced at more than $150......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top