Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2001 2:39:17 PM EDT
I was playing with my new preban and I unscrewed the collapasble 3 pos stock. Two springs popped out and I can't find out where they go. One is about 1" and skinny the other is a bit shorter and fatter..I'm about to go shoot..thanks guys
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 2:45:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Does the skinny one go in the hole that leads to the push pin? They won't come out even with the spring missing I have to tap them out. Where does the bigger on go? I'll also try the link..thanks
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 2:48:51 PM EDT
[#2]
You probably lost the buffer detent. No shooting without that.
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 2:48:55 PM EDT
[#3]
the skinny one is the takedown detent pin spring, it goes under the plate of the car stock.and make sure the detent pin is there.

the fat one is the buffer retainer spring, it goes in a hole in the botton of the buffer area under the tube.  (note, if this flew out you are missing the buffer retainer its the dimple that holds the buffer back) if you cant find this item dont shoot until you do.

i will try to post pics so you know a little better what i am talking about.
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 3:07:55 PM EDT
[#4]
OK I will look and see if I lost the pin..Thanks for the great help..
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 3:13:39 PM EDT
[#5]
yup I lost the pin I see the groove in the push pin where it goes..How big is it? I still lookin for it..thanks
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 3:32:12 PM EDT
[#6]
its not the best in the world but here is a pic. sorry best i could do on short notice.

if anyone has a better pic of anything to do with ar15 parts and accesories i would be much abliged if they would email them to me, this way i could better answer these types of questions.  ( [email protected] )
[img]www.sherluk.com/images/1.gif[/img]

right above the #10 is the detent spring. i would suggest you call bushmaster (1-800-998-s7w9a2t8)and request a catalog. it has a nice diagram in the middle page af all the parts associated with the ar15. (but it doesnt show the carbine stock.
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 4:17:03 PM EDT
[#7]
OK, I'll bite.  Why can't you shoot it without the buffer retainer in place?  1/8 of aluminum isn't going to take the abuse of having the buffer actually contacting it on cycling.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top