Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2002 9:57:08 AM EDT
Friend of mine (female) has been seeing this guy in the Coast Guard for a few weeks. He is getting ready to deploy for 70 days, and she wants to send him off with a CARE package. She asked me what to put in the box and I haven’t a clue.
If he were a ground pounder getting sent off to the field for 3 months I would have lots of suggestions for her. However, being as I have never set foot aboard a CG vessel, I have no idea what kind of amenities he will have available to him.
I tell her the best thing she can do for him is to give him a good sendoff :D but she really wants to put a box together for him.
What should she put in it?
echo6
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 10:42:31 AM EDT
[#1]
BTT
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 11:57:46 AM EDT
[#2]
No one has any ideas/suggestions?

Have I hit on the one subject that the AR15.com hive-mind is clueless on?

Not even so much as a wisecrack about KY?

I'm speachless

echo6
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 12:03:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Pictures, notes, lock of her hair, something with the perfume she normally wears, etc.

I don't know.  That's the best I can do, as I'm not much of a romantic.
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 2:58:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 3:31:35 PM EDT
[#5]
echo6,
I don't have a clue as to what Coast Guard ships normally carry on board.  Most, but not all, CG ships are relatively small.
I'm betting you put together a ground-pounder pack and you're danger close to what he would like.  His favorite junk food is always a good place to start.  Books by favored authors are good and are passed around the crew so there's some benefit for a good many of his shipmates.  Maybe music CD's ??
Link Posted: 9/25/2002 6:11:55 PM EDT
[#6]
5subslr5, thats what I was thinkin.
I was big on batteries,I wonder  CG ships have 110v power for a ni-cad charger?

Hoplite heading there now to look for him thx
echo6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top