Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2002 3:52:12 PM EDT
I was promised 10 rounds of .50 BMG by a buddy in CA.  

Can he just place them in a padded envelope and mail them or what?  What is the procedure (UPS?) for mailing such evil items from Kali to FL?  
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 4:13:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Also, about flying with ammo in checked baggage--- can you still fly with ammo in CA, or is that illegal now too?
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 4:45:03 PM EDT
[#2]
??
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 5:00:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Gotta hit the rack...hopefully someone will have an answer for me when I wake up.  Who says there's no tooth fairy... [BD]
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 11:17:47 AM EDT
[#4]
 PLEASE HELP!
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 11:24:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Ummmmm

Don't ask don't tell?

Or maybe contact Troy or Eric then Ammoman, they should know.  I think there might be a Hazmat fee but I don't know if it pertains to such a small amount.

Also, try the Ammo Forum.

SGtar15

PS I know this is of very little help.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 11:31:59 AM EDT
[#6]
If it's regular ammo (that is, not tracer, AP, explosive, etc.) then all is well.  Just so long as your mail recipient is allowed to possess ammo (nonfelon, over 18 (21? for handgun ammo?), etc.)

It is also legal to mail-order and receive ammo in Kalifornia. (LA City? County? may have exceptions but I don't think it's enforced and anyway 1st violation is an infraction I think. Also, LA folks can drive to next city or county and buy ammo off shelf without permit, waiting period, etc.

Flying with ammo is no problem - but then I have flown with declared guns too. If you were referring to flying with ammo alone and without accompanying guns, some questions might be raised but nothing bans it.

My gun+ammo+flying experience has been on Alaska Air only (hunter friendly) on west coast.
Check airline's website about prohibited items and sporting goods, and print out and carry with you when time to fly.

Bill Wiese
San Mateo, CA

Link Posted: 7/21/2002 11:35:41 AM EDT
[#7]
 Shipped already via UPS- looks like they don't care about incendiary/ap/ etc.  

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 12:42:21 PM EDT
[#8]
USPS regulations prohibit shipping ammunition.

If shipping by common carrier (ground) DOT regulations require it be labeled:

ORM-D Small Arms Ammunition

You are permitted to carry small amounts of ammunition (10-11lbs) in checked baggage.  Check with the specific Airline first as it varies.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top