Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/19/2003 6:16:10 AM EDT
My wife says I can't play guns until I repair her car window. I CANNOT figure out how to get the door panels off her 94 Buick PArk Avenue. I need help so I can go back to playing!!PLEASE!
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 7:38:48 AM EDT
[#1]
There are several things holding it on.
Depends on if it is power windows and locks, or not as well.
If they are power, then you need to remove the arm rest. There will be 3 or 4 screws holding that in. Most will be hidden under pop out covers. The door handle on the inside will be held in with a bolt as well, and will need to be removed.
Then the edges will be held down with trim holders. they pop into the door frame and are held in the cardboard of the door panel so be sure you support them as you pull out or they will tear out of the door panel and then she will really be pissed.
with the edges off and a flash light, you can see where else there are hidden things holding the door panel in.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 7:52:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
There are several things holding it on.
Depends on if it is power windows and locks, or not as well.
If they are power, then you need to remove the arm rest. There will be 3 or 4 screws holding that in. Most will be hidden under pop out covers. The door handle on the inside will be held in with a bolt as well, and will need to be removed.
Then the edges will be held down with trim holders. they pop into the door frame and are held in the cardboard of the door panel so be sure you support them as you pull out or they will tear out of the door panel and then she will really be pissed.
with the edges off and a flash light, you can see where else there are hidden things holding the door panel in.
View Quote

Andrewh gave a pretty good description of the process. I will add that you will want to go down to your local auto parts store and buy a trim/door panel removal tool. Usually aroung $10 and money well spent. It basically looks like a screw driver that has a "V" shaped foot, its used to pop out those pesky push-in fasteners on the doorpanel. Good luck, and if it you think you have everything unhooked and the panel still won't come off, don't keep tuggin, cause you missed something.

Link Posted: 6/19/2003 8:20:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a 1994 Lesabre/Park Avenue shop manual at home.  Send me email if you want me to look anything up tonight.  Also there is a Chilton manual on the web, not sure if this link will help:

[url]http://www.cybrrpartspro.com/Manual20Lookup/cal_ModelLookup.html[/url]

GunLvr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top