Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2004 7:48:13 PM EDT
I don't know what to do guys.  My govt. teacher in college is about as close to a communist as I have come across.  The class is totally, COMPLETELY biased, and a lot of kids don't have much of an opinion so they are gonna believe what she tells us.  So far that I remember, we had to write a 4 page paper on how Hillary Klinton is so great, I'm starting a 5 page paper right now (due tomorrow) on how the Kennedy family is a "great dynasty", and she is gonna make us watch Farenheight 911 in class (i haven't seen it yet, but heard it's BS).  She is constantly putting down Bush and all republicans, and saying how Kerry is so great.  I was about half asleep the other day, but we were looking at money from Vietnam, and I heard her say something that ended with "Ho Chi Mihn, our hero."  I almost walked out of class at that point.  All in all she seems like a very nice lady, but when you hear what she has to say, it's exactly the opposite.  Not to mention she has a donation box in the room for some UN organization.  

i can't drop the class b/c I already dropped 1 this semester, and I just don't want to quit b/c she is a commie.  What can I do (legally)?
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:49:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Stuff it in her pooper and post the pics!  
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:49:31 PM EDT
[#2]
SIIHPAPP
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:49:31 PM EDT
[#3]
You're going to have to deal with it. Remember, "the playing field is never level, and the rules are never fair."
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:50:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Beat me to it...darn.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:50:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Tell her that high school is no place for politics.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:51:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Regurgitate the propaganda right back to her, make your A, after passing her class tell her you were lying the whole time and she is full of shit.  Make her cry.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:51:57 PM EDT
[#7]
When she has you write a paper on Hilary or whomever, right the truth.  I don't think that she can penalize you for writing the truth.  if she does go to the dean of the college.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:52:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Give her a copy of Ayn Rand's We The Living

That should straighten her shit out.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:52:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Act like you're really interested in everything she has to say, get an A,
then tell her "I never once fell for your fucking bullshit."
Then walk out the door.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:57:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I had similar circumstances in a couple of my classes.  I found that those types of teachers were generally quite push-overs.  I stood up for Reagan and his tax cuts and building up the military, and argued against "The rich getting richer, and the poor getting poorer" very often in the early 90's.  I managed to walk out with A's.  But I knew my facts, and didn't let them talk me down.  It was a prinicple thing, and I wasn't about to let some dipshit spew that crap to all the kids in class.  Some would speak up, once I did, but not many.  I hope I made some difference.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:58:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Act like you're really interested in everything she has to say, get an A,
then tell her "I never once fell for your fucking bullshit."
Then walk out the door.

+1
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:58:54 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Give her a copy of Ayn Rand's We The Living

That should straighten her shit out.

+1 but read it for yourself first
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:04:07 PM EDT
[#13]
"Ho Chi Minh our hero" - sounds like she was just translating the words on the money. I'll bet she's liberl, not necessarily communist.  I would have said: "You know how worthless that currency is under the communists?"  Tell her that injecting her political views into the classroom is very unprofessional.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:04:08 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
What can I do (legally)?

Make Communists look bad.

Tell of the great (HA!) accomplishments of Joseph Stalin and how true Communists kill 20 million of their countrymen.

Then, tell of the exploits of Lenin, point out the double-standards and oppression (for revolution, ironically enough) of Ho Chi Minh.

Come to school and put pictures of Soviet/other Communist executions and post them on the black board (do this BEFORE she's in the class). Compare Communism to fascism and tyranny (quite easy, really).

Then, point out the obvious flaw in Communism that in true Communist government, there is no main lead authority like a Premier. It's all wonderful fluff.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:40:53 PM EDT
[#15]
I know you feel bad about that class. My best friend from high school (1968) is a Professor at the University of Akron. He teaches polysci as well. His mission is to turn every liberal jerk kid in his class to card carrying Republicans. He says" It's easy. Tell them the TRUTH". Common sence then kicks in and there you go" All the Lib teaches hate him. He has a photo of Charleton Heston as President of the NRA in his office. Then he has another photo I took of him out here in the Arizona desert shooting my son's AR15. The Tshirt he has on says " US ARMY RANGERS- When it absolutly ,positively has to be destroyed over night". Next to that is his platoon photo of his when he graduated from Ranger school.
The University has established "safe zones" for gays on campus. They have stickers & signs all over campus where a faggot can seek refuge. He has one of the signs up on his wall- with the international "NO' circle with the slash inside it on top of the gay emblem!
What is right is right and will NEVER change.
Keep the faith. Do your work. Agree to her lies, get a fucking "A" in the class. Then go to the Dean along with all yopur classmates & get the fucking bitch fired. Don't stop until she is sent packing. NMake her fucking life hell !!!

She can go & blow John Fucking Kerry after "W" kicks his ass in 3 weeks. Tell her that John needs cheering up. That mutant bag of an old lady of his doesn't put out any way. Look what an ugly bitch she is!

" He who laughs last, laughs best"
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:44:10 PM EDT
[#16]
The left are vindictive +. Just get your grade and tell her to fuck off afterwards.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:47:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:47:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Overplay it. Pretend you're trolling DU, and write convincing, extreme loony-left positions on any subject she asks. The loonier, the better.

You'll learn to understand how they think, and you'll get a good grade.

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:51:07 PM EDT
[#19]
I had a marxist prof in college too and I had to stand up to him and disagree vocally in class. I guess I did it right because I passed with an "A". Your prof sounds like a diehard commie. You might remind her that under totalitarianism (ie communism) almost 200 million people have been killed (mostly by their own gov't). Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:51:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Im glad I dont have to put up with this
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:54:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Fuck, I made my trolling bones with my pinko feminist US history/govt teacher in high school that I had for 3 years.

Have fun with her.  Bait her with arch-conservative rhetoric, piss her off and make her blow her top, hopefully you can goad her into yelling at you.  Buy offensive conservative t-shirts and wear them to class.  Read (and quote in class!) Ayn Rand, FA Hayek, Milton Friedman, Ann Coulter, Rush Limbaugh, etc.

If your teacher is cool, she'll appreciate one of her students actually cares about politics.  If she's a stupid bitch, she will provide HOURS of entertainment and make you a rock star among your classmates who will look forward to hearing what crazy shit you'll say next in class that makes Ms. Pinko freak out every day.

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:58:11 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
"Ho Chi Minh our hero" - sounds like she was just translating the words on the money. I'll bet she's liberl, not necessarily communist.  I would have said: "You know how worthless that currency is under the communists?"  Tell her that injecting her political views into the classroom is very unprofessional.

Now wiseguy....Explain the difference?
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 9:11:34 PM EDT
[#23]
I got lucky. the intro to politics class I took for an easy grade in colelge was taught by a liberal (he bragged about working for the junior senator from mass. before getting the teaching gig, which means he worked for kerry's office, but this was a few years ago) but he didn't let his opinions get in the way of teaching the facts. He even said groups like the NRA are good because they let the common citizen get their opinion heard through group lobbying
my anthro teacher though was another thing altogether. fucker had amnesty international come in and spout off their propaganda and tried to make the US the bad guy. this was the fall 2001 semester, 9/11 happened the first few weeks of class and the rest of the semester was him and his ta's bad mouthing the US both in class and through the class email list
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 9:21:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Dude, I go to UW-Madison. ALL of my teachers are commies. Roll with the punches. You can 1) tell them what they want to hear and get a good grade 2) tell it like it is, and hope they are so called "open minded" liberals. If they fuck you, go to the dean. I've written some pretty conservative papers for some pretty liberal teachers and I still managed to get good grades.

I ALWAYS LOVED speaking up in class and playing the devil's advocate. It's awesome being the one who pisses off the hippies in your discussion section.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 9:33:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Tell her she is lucky our government and our leadership does not believe as she does.  If they did they would send in the JBT's and drag her out and put her up against the wall.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 9:41:16 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Regurgitate the propaganda right back to her, make your A, after passing her class tell her you were lying the whole time and she is full of shit.  Make her cry.

Awesome idea!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top