Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 12/16/2003 11:31:33 AM EDT
I don't know if it was a moment of clarity or a moment of insanity, but it dawned on me that we should help some of the liberal senators of this country ban firearms. Think about it....right now there are black powdered handguns and rifles that need NO permit to buy. Some of these rifles are capable of shooting .50 caliber slugs. Even SHOTGUNS can do this!

The Reason:
Who don't we have on our side? The bread and butter of the gun community - the hunters. What kind of guns are prevelant in hunting? Rifles, shotguns, black powder firearms, etc. Why not get these people wriled up by encouraging the senators to go after them and their rights? It would be an absolute slaughter for the dumpocraps at the polls at the next election and face it...any such legislation would be annhilated!

So if we encourage senators to ban these blackpowder rifles, which can shoot 50 cal slugs (which coincidentally have never been used in a crime), then maybe America will wake up? Can you see the barrage of emails to these poll smoking liberals?

Sample:

Dear Senator Hitlery/Feinswine,
I am writing today as a concerned citizen. I have recently visited a gun store where I found out that I can purchase a 50 caliber shoulder fired rifle, which is COMPLETELY unregulated. You can purchase these devices of death and destruction, which a terrorist might favor without a trace! You can even put extra gun powder in the rifle to shoot down larger objects if you were crazy enough.

Another firearm related problem is the availability of guns that fire the lethal 30-06 round. This round is a military round that first saw service in the US Army in various wars around the world. It is capable of firing through houses and indiscriminantly murdering people. This round was also found to be fit for machine guns, since it is capable of being fired at a high rate of speed from the hip.

Please take the time to find a way to regulate these deadly terrorist weapons before they can kill members of our society or the law enforcers that protect our safety.
Sincerely,
Joe Schmuck Citizen

Effective or just more Balzac lunacy?
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 11:35:12 AM EDT
hows about using that as an argument to get AW's back? I say "balzac lunacy"
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 11:40:05 AM EDT
Should we get stabbed in the back by the Duck/Deer/Skeet crowd, I've got a similar thought. I'm going to push for the multiple projectile weapon ban. Just think about it. Machineguns are heavily regulated/prohibited, and they are defined as a gun firing more than one time with a single pull of the trigger. A shotgun goes this through the [b]shotgun loophole[/b], as with 1 pull of the trigger, it fires once, but launches many lethal projectiles, each with the capacity to kill many innocent children... PS: For the dumb, I'd never do that, even if the DDS(DuckDeerSkeet) crowd deserves it.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 11:42:23 AM EDT
^^ what about double-barreled shotguns?
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 11:44:40 AM EDT
The flaw I see, is that it would be bartered down by the NRA, to just "our" type of firearms.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 11:46:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/16/2003 11:48:15 AM EDT by 95thFoot]
Originally Posted By tivoli410: hows about using that as an argument to get AW's back? I say "balzac lunacy"
View Quote
It's known as "spreading the pain around" = make the hunters suffer the same fate as us. "Let the Elmer Fudds know they can't make a separate peace with Moloch" kinda thing. Nice idea, just wish it worked better. Hunters and reenactors are a lot more organized and politically savvy than other gun owners.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 11:47:54 AM EDT
[size=6] BAN BALZAC! [/size=6] [lol]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 11:50:31 AM EDT
The term 'Gambit' comes to mind, as does 'pyrrhic victory' and 'scorched earth strategy'. [;D]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 11:51:29 AM EDT
Originally Posted By R-32: [size=6] BAN BALZAC! [/size=6] [lol]
View Quote
AMEN! He has been nothing but a trouble maker since he's been released back into the "general population" [;)]
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 12:00:00 PM EDT
Originally Posted By R-32: [size=6] BAN BALZAC! [/size=6] [lol]
View Quote
Do it now- for the children! [:D] (somebody would have said it sooner or later....)
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 12:06:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/16/2003 12:07:31 PM EDT by eswanson]
Laugh if you will, but that's pretty much exactly what happened in Illinois this year. The demonrats put a gun ban on the table that would've banned AR's, .50's, M1 Carbines, just about everything. Included in the ban was any firearm of .50 cal or greater. Someone realized that, as written, the law would've banned every shotgun over .410, (since the bore diameter is greater than .50) and you should've seen the hunters lose their minds. They finally met a gun control bill that threatened their precious Browning shotguns, and they came out in droves against it. Edited to add: Ban Balzac!
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 12:17:47 PM EDT
Well then GD, MF'er it, we OUGHT TO push for the .50 cal ban, shotgun ban, whatever it takes to get these not-voting, non-caring, yellow dog democrat hunting bastards on our side. That IL example was pretty neat -- its a shame we can't get them mobilized to our side on a national level. Me future brother-in-law is a hunter and when I explained that one could hunt with an AR or an AK he thought that was lunacy and was totally ok with banning "scary military style assault weapons". @(#)*&% What is going to take for these people to see that they are next? Probably nothing, as most of them are just bumpkins.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 12:28:22 PM EDT
The IL scenario was sort of what I was thinking of. But basically, if hunters saw that these innocuous little muzzle loaders were on the next "ban" list, then the sky is the limit for the anti's and maybe the hunters would join us for good. It really is a fight that needs a leader to lead us.
Top Top