Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 9/18/2009 5:15:14 AM EST
if anyone knows me they know that im a cheap bastard, ive never subscribed to high speed internet and have been mooching off a unsecured signal for a good 5 years. my luck finally wore out and the signal is locked up, im actually online right now with a free dialup number.

so my quest for cheap dsl began. i dug around a bit and found at&t running a deal for $10 a month with a 1 year contract. it was mandated by the fcc for them to run this low cost service for 2 years for taking over sbc communications. the offer ends december of this year. the only drawback is you have to buy their modem for $63 or modem/router combo for $87. i did some quick math and it was still worth my while. just letting you guys know in case your in the market for a dsl line.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:17:24 AM EST

Originally Posted By HEADBONKHEE:
if anyone knows me they know that im a cheap bastard, ive never subscribed to high speed internet and have been mooching off a unsecured signal for a good 5 years. my luck finally wore out and the signal is locked up, im actually online right now with a free dialup number.

so my quest for cheap dsl began. i dug around a bit and found at&t running a deal for $10 a month with a 1 year contract. it was mandated by the fcc for them to run this low cost service for 2 years for taking over sbc communications. the offer ends december of this year. the only drawback is you have to buy their modem for $63 or modem/router combo for $87. i did some quick math and it was still worth my while. just letting you guys know in case your in the market for a dsl line.

dl/ul speeds of the line?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:22:44 AM EST
its the slowest of the dsl, does 768 and 1.2 sound right ?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:02:41 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/18/2009 6:05:11 AM EST by chrism101]
Originally Posted By HEADBONKHEE:
its the slowest of the dsl, does 768 and 1.2 sound right ?

slowest of dsl ususally is 256k and 128k up

1.2M down and 768k up is possible that would be a great price

found at att

Our DSL Basic plan provides downstream speed up to 10x faster than dial-up—good for downloading small files, email, and web surfing.

IP Address: 1 Dynamic
Downstream Speed: Up to 768 Kbps
Upstream Speed: Up to 384 Kbps

Get all this when you order DSL Basic:
3 months FREE!*
No term commitment required
AT&T Wi-Fi Basic included at thousands of hotspots, including U.S. company-operated Starbucks locations equipped with a hotspot*

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:21:15 AM EST
I had no trouble surviving at 768K, when I first got DSL years ago. If that is minimum speed, then $10 a month, at least till it runs out, is not too bad. I was looking for the ad by Netzero offering $10 DSL, but can't find it for some reason, I guess I need more coffee. Ugh.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:37:38 AM EST
Top Top