Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2010 6:06:05 PM EDT
I didn't realize there were different ones...

I'm on monoprice.com and I'm seeing a few different types. I just bought a Blu-Ray player and the cables it came with are about 2' too small.

What's the difference between: 22AWG HDMI 1.3a Category 2 Certified and 22AWG HDMI and 24AWG HDMI 1.3a and 24AWG HDMI 1.3a Category 2 Certified and 24AWG Flat Type and 26AWG HDMI and 28AWG HDMI... is there a kind that won't work or would work better?`
Link Posted: 4/12/2010 7:38:15 PM EDT
[#1]
IMO - I bought the cheapest HDMI cable I could find. It's a digital signal, not analog, so as long as it meets the 1.3a spec, you are good to go.

Target had 9 foot HDMI cables on sale for $9.99. I bought them and use them to run my Blu-Ray to my 3D-HDTV.

Works fine.

Av.
Link Posted: 4/12/2010 8:20:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Go to the Blue Jeans Cable web site.  Read and learn.  Blue Jeans Cables are as good or better than anything else out there, certainly as good as Monoprice.
Link Posted: 4/13/2010 4:20:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Go to the Blue Jeans Cable web site.  Read and learn.  Blue Jeans Cables are as good or better than anything else out there, certainly as good as Monoprice.

what's the price on those?
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 5:24:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Given how inexpensive Monoprice cables are, they darn well better be as good.

Monoprice cables are excellent for those who were wondering.

EDIT- Bluejeans HDMI cables are competitive with Monoprice in terms of cost.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 5:41:44 PM EDT
[#5]
i bought 10' cables on amazon for about $3.00 a pop and they work great!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top