Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2007 4:42:16 PM EDT
For all military people: How do you mount the BDU belt buckle onto the belt. You know, the one with the serrated edge at one side? What direction should that edge point to when I wear it? What is the proper procedure to wear the BDU belt?

Also, how do you blouse the BDU pants?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:45:44 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
For all military people: How do you mount the BDU belt buckle onto the belt. You know, the one with the serrated edge at one side? What direction should that edge point to when I wear it? What is the proper procedure to wear the BDU belt?

Ask your flight commander.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:46:00 PM EDT
[#2]
First step - get rid of that awful belt. Get yourself an ACU type belt.

Blousing the pants - there's a bunch of ways, the most known to me is to use those little blousing bands.

You hook the band around the top edge of your boot, and then push all excess material of the trousers past  the top edge of the boot under the band.

In the field, you're better off just tucking it in.

I had a thread like this a long time ago, and there were some CREATIVE solutions from this place. Standby for more!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:47:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
First step - get rid of that awful belt. Get yourself an ACU type belt.

Blousing the pants - there's a bunch of ways, the most known to me is to use those little blousing bands.

You hook the band around the top edge of your boot, and then push all excess material of the trousers past  the top edge of the boot under the band.

In the field, you're better off just tucking it in.

I had a thread like this a long time ago, and there were some CREATIVE solutions from this place. Standby for more!

He is AFROTC so I doubt he can use anything but what he is issued.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:49:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Since you said 'BDU' I assume you're either Army ROTC, National Guard, or Air Force...

1) Are you Army or Air Force? If Army - 2 words: RIGGER BELT... Problem solved...

2) You blouse your pants by sticking them down your boots before you tie up your boots... While there are various other methods (rubbers, velcro bands, tying the little drawstrings) the in-the-boots method is the least hassle, and (in the future, when you spend extended time in the elements) keeps the bugs off your ankles...
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:53:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Get some elastic blousing straps.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:55:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Good belts, these are!

If you are allowed to switch belts, use something like these. Hell, if it were a bit sooner I'd send ya one of mine to use.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:58:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I am AFROTC. As Paveway said, I have no choice.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:03:23 PM EDT
[#8]
The right edge of the belt buckle should be aligned with the center of the BDU pants (Lined up with the leading edge of the fly).

The belt tip should pass through the buckle from right to left with 2"-4" past the edge of the buckle.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 2:09:08 PM EDT
[#9]
You should check 36-2903 (Sec 2 Table 2.2) as it will answer all of your uniform questions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top