Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 5/21/2005 5:15:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/21/2005 5:17:14 AM EDT by plink_357]
hey , i have some kind of error on my game when i turn it on , it says loading starting in the 30's and take about 15 min. until it says srry disc failed , or sumthing like that , i have only had the game like 4 months. what do i do, send it back or what. oh and its not scratched or cracked
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:18:59 AM EDT
is that the only game that doesnt work?

try cleaning the disk (very light amount of windex or other glass cleaner)

check for scratches ...

try it on other machines ...

if it looks good and doesnt work on any other boxes, then you can probably take it back .. otherwise you may be out of luck ..

either way you should just mod your xbox, chip it and stick a new hdd in there ... best thing you could do!
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:21:40 AM EDT
i have put it in 3 boxes and have cleaned it lightly too. and other games will play perfect , im thinking about sending it back
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:26:00 AM EDT
send it back
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:41:26 AM EDT
How old is your XBOX? I had a really old one and there is some sort of software or hardware issue that makes it have these errors. It only seems to happen with the newer games. I think the older consoles have a hard time reading the newer programming or coding on the games. I had this problem with HALO2 and Fable.

My local EB games store was issuing a $115 credit for used XBOXes at the time so I traded in my console, a controller and a few old games and received an in store credit of $145. I just used that credit to buy a new XBOX and haven't had any issues since.
YMMV
Top Top