Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2002 6:44:07 PM EDT
that's like being an ARoholic, only I like beer.[beer]
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 6:51:42 PM EDT
[#1]
You know what an alcoholic actually is?  Its a person that doesn't share enough.  So if you're an ARcoholic, I can cure your addiction!  Any guess on how?
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 6:57:22 PM EDT
[#2]
How is being an alcoholic a person who doesn't share enough? Having not been through a 12 step program I am a little confused.

-elliott
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 6:57:37 PM EDT
[#3]
You want a beer?[beer]
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 6:58:16 PM EDT
[#4]

nice schnert. now i know for sure you'd appreciate the surfcasting and beer drinking plan.

Link Posted: 2/27/2002 7:01:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Give me your digits...

I'll fax you a beer![bounce]
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 7:17:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Some in AA define "insanity" as doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting a different result.  Sound at all familiar?

[:P]
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 7:23:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Send me your digits...

I'll fax you a beer.[bounce]

Wow, I expected something different that time... hmmm.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 7:26:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I know what you mean Schnert. I'm a chocoholic, but only for booze!

(that is where you saw that, right?)
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 7:36:43 PM EDT
[#9]
tep0583,

Okay, okay... you caught me.[:(]
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 7:41:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
How is being an alcoholic a person who doesn't share enough? Having not been through a 12 step program I am a little confused.

-elliott
View Quote

Jeez, lighten up man, no insult intended.  HOWEVER...I will explain!  If alcoholics shared their alcohol, they wouldn't be drinking as much, thus they would be less likely to be alcoholics if they weren't drinking exorbitant amounts.  

It was a joke.  However, I will take any alcohol from people that think they are on the road to AA.  I don't have a fax, but you're more than welcome to email me the beer.  In fact, I'd like to see how many people email me a beer!
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 7:50:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Do the dudes from Gamblers Anonymous walk accross the hall to the AA meetings and bet the drunks that they'll drink again?
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 7:58:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Just for today: I will examine myself realistically. I will seek the power to act on my best motives, and not to act on my worst.

"We examine our actions reactions and motives.  We often find that we've been doing better than we've been feeling."

We give up one drug for another say Beer you stop get into guns. Well the saying is 'One is to many and a thousand never enough."

If you need this and that and spend money you don't have or lie to your wife or husband. Yea you need a 12 step program. So lets start here.

Step 1. We admit that we were powerless over our addiction, that our lives had become unmanageable. If you could come to terms with this you can start Step 2.

SO LET THE FLAMES BEGIN and your loved by my Higher power any way.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 8:10:43 PM EDT
[#13]
i'm not an alcoholic, i'm a drunk.  alcoholics go to meetings.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 8:15:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Lives are on sale at walmart for $19.95.  You may have to wait a while they are on backorder.

___________________________________________________________________________________
Thump on a democrat any time you can [stick]
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 8:22:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Lives are on sale at walmart for $19.95.  You may have to wait a while they are on backorder.

___________________________________________________________________________________
see, that's what i like, an intelligent, relevant, well thought out repose of good natured jocularity.  what are you 15?
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 8:30:43 PM EDT
[#16]
quietshoez:
i'm not an alcoholic, i'm a drunk.  alcoholics go to meetings.
View Quote

Most alcoholics [u][b]do not[/u][/b] go to meetings....
Most [u][b]recovering[/u][/b] alcoholics go to meetings.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 8:35:23 PM EDT
[#17]
YES, I KNOW, I AM WELL  AWARE OF THAT.
LIGHTEN
THE
FUCK
UP.  
(FRIEND OF BILL W.,ONE DAY AT A TIME,EASY DOES IT, I HAVE BEEN THERE I CAN JOKE ABOUT IT, SO GET OFF MY BACK)
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 9:05:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Just ask Mike.
He doesn't call himself an "alcoholic", he just calls himself a "Beer Slayer".  It's all in the wordage, my friend.
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 9:17:09 PM EDT
[#19]
AA...[rolleyes]

...buncha quitters
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 10:00:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
AA...[rolleyes]

...buncha quitters
View Quote

now, THAT's funny.[beer]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top