Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2005 5:59:13 AM EDT
He was told the shirt was unsuitable for flying in.

Loaded T-Shirt

STEREOPHONICS frontman KELLY JONES was stopped from boarding a flight at London's Heathrow Airport, after the gun print on his T-shirt sparked a security alert.

The HAVE A NICE DAY singer was taken aside by over-vigilant officials after his clothes set off a metal detector.

And Jones was left amazed when told his T-shirt - which shows a pistol with a flame coming out of the top - was unsuitable for flying in.

Jones explains, "I beeped as I went through the metal detector, so they took my belt, watch and phone off.

"The guy takes me aside and says, 'You know you're not supposed to wear that.' I said, 'Not supposed to wear what?' I honestly didn't have a clue."

A security man then pointed to the star's T-shirt.

Jones adds, "I was like, 'What am I going to do with a gun on a T-shirt?'

"So he called his superior over. By this point I was like 'You're having a laugh, mate.' He started asking me if it was embossed with anything, but it wasn't.

"I thought he was going to ask me to strip down and change. I mean, it's not as if my T-shirt was loaded."

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:01:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Was this an ARFcom member?
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:05:49 AM EDT
[#2]
STEREOPHONICS frontman KELLY JONES

dunno,

it is possible.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:06:34 AM EDT
[#3]
At least it wasn't fire.....

but it did have a "flame" on it...
...which shows a pistol with a flame coming out of the top...
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:07:52 AM EDT
[#4]
<Welsh Accent>
Who's pistol is that revolver? [1]
</Welsh Accent>

Nope, but he is a good Welsh Boy. Perhaps he was a little

For those of you keeping score at home, I understand that with only a little stretching it's possible to use the current anti-terrorist control orders to lock people up for wearing the "wrong sort of t-shirt". But then we don't have a first ammendment, and you guys have had members hassled for carrying copies of the constitution through airport security, right?

[1] Vito might get that, and maybe Taffy223, the rest  of y'all can rest assured that it's only funny if you're Welsh.

/PHil
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top