Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/2/2006 4:34:47 AM EDT
in Kansas, gets out and murders a 16 yo girl he knew from their mutual work in Indiana.

Just broke on a local news channel

Thank you for the link Angrydragon.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 4:45:16 AM EDT
[#1]
IMO, everyone who let him out of prison should be charged with murder. You shouldn't let certain people live let alone out of prison for certain crimes. Scumbags like child molesters and murderers will do it again and again and again.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 4:50:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I know I suck at math, but if he's been in jail for 25 yrs and she was 16, how do they know each other from working together?
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 4:59:56 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
IMO, everyone who let him out of prison should be charged with murder. You shouldn't let certain people live let alone out of prison for certain crimes. Scumbags like child molesters and murderers will do it again and again and again.

So the prison guards are supposed to be held responsible for releasing a prisoner when he was due to be released?  How about we just make everything worse than littering an automatic life sentence?  That should fix this right up.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 5:03:37 AM EDT
[#4]
ARFCOM Attitude on:  "Hey, the guy paid his debt to society; he ought to get to buy guns and vote."  ARFCOM Attitude off.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 5:05:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 5:07:24 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So the prison guards are supposed to be held responsible for releasing a prisoner when he was due to be released?  How about we just make everything worse than littering an automatic life sentence?  That should fix this right up.

I'm mainly talking about the parole boards.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 5:12:36 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I know I suck at math, but if he's been in jail for 25 yrs and she was 16, how do they know each other from working together?

Dude he got a job after he got out of prison. The girl worked there too.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 5:14:12 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
ARFCOM Attitude on:  "Hey, the guy paid his debt to society; he ought to get to buy guns and vote."  ARFCOM Attitude off.

Heh.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 5:28:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Sounds like a case of being institutionalized and wanting to go back to what he knows. 25 years in prison is a long time to have everything handed to you and never having to work, playing cards dominoes all day, cable TV ect...   Or maybe he is just a complete nut case.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 5:30:36 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Damn right. Kansas felt he wasn't a big enough threat to fry him, so Kansas should restore his rights.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 5:32:40 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you held the board responsible for a parolee's behavior, you might as well disband the parole board, because no one would ever be paroled again.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 5:35:06 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh. That makes more sense. Sorry. My Coke fix hasn't kicked in yet.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 5:36:54 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh. That makes more sense. Sorry. My Coke fix hasn't kicked in yet.

Go powder up and get back to us after you do
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 5:41:03 AM EDT
[#15]
The scumbag should have been executed for the 5 year old kid he murdered in 1979.

www.wthr.com/Global/story.asp?S=5622870&nav=menu188_2

Rouse convicted of 1979 murder

Nov 2, 2006 06:17 AM

Cass County - Danny Rouse was paroled to Indiana in March after serving more than 25 years in prison for the 1979 murder of a five-year-old boy in Kansas.

According to reports in The Wichita Eagle, on October 28, 1979, Rouse was watching a movie and drinking beer with Kathryn Crowley, a single mother who lived in Wichita. The reports say Crowley refused advances from Rouse. He agreed to leave if Crowley got him one last beer. As she went for the beer, Rouse hit her from behind, stabbing her several times. Crowley says she pretended to go limp, falling to the floor. Rouse then went to the boy's bedroom and cut the child's throat while he slept.

He was convicted of first degree murder in the boy's death, and aggravated assault for the attack on Crowley. He was sentenced in June 1980.

Eyewitness News spoke exclusively with the Kansas boy's father, Allen Learst, on Wednesday night.

"I think, I am devastated by it for one thing.," said Learst. "I never felt that he should have been released. He got a life sentence. All of the signals pointed to premeditated murder and I didn't feel that he should have ever been released. He not only killed my son in his bed while he was sleeping but he also attacked my wife and brutalized her and she still suffers psychological problems because of this and it has devastated my family entirely for more than 27 years now and I can't help but feel terrible for the family who is involved in this right now."

"It is very frustrating," Learst continued. "I called his parole officer in South Bend and talked to him personally when I found out he was released and got the name for the Kansas authorities and talked to him that I thought he was a dangerous person and you know, if he messed up in anyway that you should keep a close eye on him cause I didn't think he could be trusted."

"Once again we are talking about the same old story of the person who has been victimized is the one who is losing ground in all of this while the murders and the ones who are punished are going free. I think that it is because of the system and I think we need to be more concerned about the sentences we pass out about sticking with them."

Rouse has been under the supervision of a parole officer in South Bend since his release. His brother lives in the area.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 5:44:58 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Actually you jacked it up. The attitude is don't let him out until he's no longer a threat (whether that means he serves 5 years or never gets out). Following that, If he's released his rights should be restored.

Clearly this guy should never have been released.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 6:01:54 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:Following that, If he's released his rights should be restored.

I like it fine the way that it is!  You think about doing the felony, think about what you'll lose forever.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 6:05:35 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:Following that, If he's released his rights should be restored.

I like it fine the way that it is!  You think about doing the felony, think about what you'll lose forever.

I don't know how many off the top of my head but a lot of the states have a restoration of rights policy. In TN for example you can apply for full restoration - I think it is after the max sentence for you crime has elapsed from the date you were convicted but I'm not 100% sure. My point being that "the way it is" isn't actually the way it is. So really all the "ARFCOM mentality" is saying is keep them in jail until they are not a threat anymore. Who disagrees with that?
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 6:10:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Tall tree, short rope, no problem.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 6:31:14 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you held the board responsible for a parolee's behavior, you might as well disband the parole board, because no one would ever be paroled again.

OK, I'm trying to see the down side in that....
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 6:55:54 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually you jacked it up. The attitude is don't let him out until he's no longer a threat (whether that means he serves 5 years or never gets out). Following that, If he's released his rights should be restored.

My sarcasm foo is weak.  I have seen a number of posters with the above attitude toward other felons.  Face it, the guy should have spent his life in prison with people who don't like child killers.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:21:29 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My sarcasm foo is weak.  I have seen a number of posters with the above attitude toward other felons.  Face it, the guy should have spent his life in prison with people who don't like child killers.

nah

I don't want to pay for his food, clothing, hospital bills (numerous in the scenario you present), cable, internet access, etc.

bring back mideval torture devices.  That dumb fuck deserves the rack, a little time in the Iron Maiden, followed by a draw and quarter.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:24:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Man, every fucking murderer that can be proven so BEYOND A DOUBT needs to be summarily executed.   PERIOD.

No fucking rehabilitation

No fucking 'born again shit'

If that fucker was put to death like he should have for killing a child, he wouldn't have killed ANOTHER child.

FRY THE FUCKING BASTARD!!!
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:27:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Life sentence = 25 years these days.  I've heard of cases of gang-related shootings that were obvious 2nd degree murder resulting in sentences where only 15 years are actually served; the rest of the sentence is served on parole or community service.  

With prison overcrowding being what it is, there just isn't enough room, and it sucks.  The only solution is to bring back old-school firing squads and shoot the bastards.  But then you have the concerns about due process, wanting to be sure an innocent man isn't being executed, etc.  

Oh yeah, let's not forget...prison inmates get to take college classes too.  One of the most popular majors in prison is Law.  They also get to make collect phone calls, and this privilege has been abused in the past.  If you ask me, the inmates have way too much freedom in prison these days.  

And you and me get to pay for all of this wonderful stuff with our tax dollars.  

Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:42:26 AM EDT
[#25]

Extermination rehabilitation camps
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:42:45 AM EDT
[#26]
disgusting!
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:49:28 AM EDT
[#27]
That is truly heinous.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:52:11 AM EDT
[#28]
In the days when we all carred guns and a man was hanged for stealing a horse, we were a much more polite society.

Sometimes being "civilized" is what causes your downfall.  Just look at what we have now as a result of "human rights" and political correctness.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top