Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2002 6:42:37 PM EDT
Has anyone seen Gun control front man Tony Diaz on the news lately?  I just saw him on Headline News in conjunction with a report about the Gunsite training facility.  According to "Mr." Diaz (and I use that term lightly) the people who teach ANY type of long arm marksmanship are "irresponsible and should only be teaching those individuals who are in the military or in law enforcement.  To teach long range marksmanship to regular citizens is  irresponsible."  

In the report, the correspondent fired a mini 14 at a target 100 yards away and scored a direct hit.  According to the reporter, "this was a scary experience for me, because I had never fired a rifle before".  Needless to say, the rifle was scoped.

They paid little mind to the stringent requirements that Gunsite requires in order for a regular civilian to attend classes at the facility.

Has anyone else seen this report?

-REAPER2502
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 6:45:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 6:51:04 PM EDT
[#2]
"this was a scary experience for me, because I had never fired a rifle before".
View Quote

poor fella, i guess he might have broke a nail or lost an ear-ring, or something if he had to do that again.

colt
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 6:52:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Just watched it, made me sick, but what can you expthis ect from a puss who gets scared by success.  Why can't these guys see that as a population, gun owners are that much more disgusted by this because of the threats it poses to our way of life and our freedoms.  Lets see a story about the true nature of gunowners, unlikely..
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 7:12:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 7:15:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Yup, and I laughed out loud when he shot that little Ruger toy and he was so afraid of the non-existent recoil that he pulled his head up and jerked away--AND HE STILL NAILED THE PEPPER POPPER!  TV journalism at its best.  Not even Geraldo can top that one!
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 8:22:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Man, we laughed our asses off when that sissy jerked back like it bit him or something.  The sad thing is that most soccer mommies will see that report and agree..........."if that reporter can do it, then there's no need for the normal citizen to get that kind of training".  That is sad, they believe everything they see on TV.

-REAPER2502
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 8:32:54 PM EDT
[#7]
More sheep for the wolves to eat.  

Mmmmm, mutton.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 9:36:12 PM EDT
[#8]
How totally evil about Gunsite! Next time I shoot a highpower or Palma match I'll mention it to all the shooters. They will all agree with me. We only shoot innocent rifles with open sights that can hit the 10 inch X-ring at 1000 yards about 95-98% of the time, some more consistently than others.
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 9:40:24 PM EDT
[#9]
... [img]http://www.odcmp.com/forlue/indexmemorableplacescom/crossedrifles.gif[/img]
[url]http://www.odcmp.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 10/15/2002 10:17:17 PM EDT
[#10]
First, gun owners were dangerous because they lacked the kind of training the police and military had.

Now gun owners are dangerous because they are getting the kind of training the police or military have. [puke]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top