Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/15/2005 1:54:24 PM EDT
Law enforcement raid on house nets guns, marijuana

By MICHAEL A. SCARCELLA

michael.scarcella@heraldtribune.com

BRADENTON -- Sheriff's narcotics detectives and federal agents raided a house this month, seizing guns and marijuana in response to complaints about drug-dealing in the neighborhood.

The raid was the second in the 5500 block of 42nd Street East in less than a year.

Rodger Wilson Losh, 48, was charged with misdemeanor marijuana possession after the Aug. 5 morning bust, in which officers forced open doors.

Sheriff's detectives and the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms found a small amount of marijuana, seven handguns, one shotgun and nine rifles, including a Norinco SKS high-capacity semiautomatic.

A heavy equipment operator and former newspaper mailroom employee, Losh said he is collected weapons for years.

He is a self-described pack rat, hoarding old comics, paperback Westerns, collectible cars, tools and a busted-up Xerox machine he found on the side of the road one day.

The guns, he said, are for protection. A camera monitors the outside of his house. He said he doesn't expect authorities will return the weapons.

"The cops are doing their job," said Losh, a Virginia native who has lived in Florida since 1969. "They are acting on information they got."

Sheriff's detectives began investigating allegations of drug-dealing from the house in November, when authorities raided a neighbor's house based on complaints of drug-dealing there.

Authorities said they had received complaints that Losh was selling drugs to neighborhood teens.

Losh denies the accusation.

In 1991, he pleaded no contest in Manatee County to a concealed weapon charge and was sentenced to three years of probation. He was not convicted because a judge withheld judgment.

About a decade later, a jury found Losh not guilty in December 2000 on burglary and aggravated battery charges.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 1:59:00 PM EDT
He shouldn't get the guns back if he had MJ in the house.

Sell them.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:01:03 PM EDT
Slow day?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:02:17 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fadedsun:

Sell them.

I fouind the illegal CCW conviction and burglary arrest more troubling than the allegations of dealing weed.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:05:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AR15fan:

Sell them.

I fouind the illegal CCW conviction and burglary arrest more troubling than the allegations of dealing weed.

Sounds like the judge did not have an issue with the weapon. And he was acquitted of the other charges.

I bet the other get's tossed also.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:06:52 PM EDT
How much weed did he have?

Anyway. I wish I could get the cops to raid the house near me. Cops leave them well alone and its obvious they are dealing.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:16:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/15/2005 2:16:39 PM EDT by Mauser101]

He shouldn't get the guns back if he had MJ in the house is convicted of felony charges.

fixed it.
Top Top