Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/12/2001 8:23:17 PM EDT
Did you see the Tales of the gun tonight? How about that new Bullpup rifle they got now! I GOTTA get one of those!!! Bet it's better than the Brit's bullpup.

[uzi]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 8:31:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Sweet. I want one too. I turned away, and when I turned back, it looked like someone was firing it lefthanded. All I caught was a glimpse. It sure would be nice if it were ambi.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 8:39:11 PM EDT
[#2]
So far, the TAVOR can be fired left handed without any conversion.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 8:56:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Seen how they handled there weapons they KNOW
how to do it!
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 9:18:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Shut up guys I am waiting for the later showing!  I want to be suprised.

Wouldn't be nice if they devoted an entire show to bullpup's?
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 10:05:06 PM EDT
[#5]
On right now!
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 3:48:07 AM EDT
[#6]
I saw it once before.  I taped it this time.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 4:03:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Gee I'm suprised they didn't mention the M16.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 5:42:12 AM EDT
[#8]
http://www.isayeret.com/main/menu.htm
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 6:30:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 6:39:14 AM EDT
[#10]
I saw it.  Good episode. If I recall correctly they reviewed the new bullpup in G&A a while back, looks neat.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 1:14:29 PM EDT
[#11]
I saw it too, but last month.  Isn't that were they interviewed the Vet that said that the FN was good for long range sniping but not for scoot and shoot encounters?

The Galil is a good weapon, one of my personal favorites.  I read up on Isreali arms back years ago and had read that Israeli tactics designate that most in the squad do not carry hand grenades but extra mags of ammo instead.

I wonder if this weight issue is why they switched to the AR since it weighs less the the Galil?  Or was it due to politics of scratching the backs of US contractors?
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 1:27:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I wonder if this weight issue is why they switched to the AR since it weighs less the the Galil?  Or was it due to politics of scratching the backs of US contractors?
View Quote

It probably has something to do with our govt. buying new M16s for $450 and then either selling them to other govts. in need for $100 or just plain giving them away for free as a part of an aid package.

I would really have no problem with this, but half of the countries we give this aid to immediately turns around and starts shooting their new M16s at targets with US soldiers on them. Getting ready for when they must face the "White Devil" in the ultimate battle of good vs. evil.

Yep, its a sad day when our govt. will give 100,000 perfectly good rifles to a bunch of ragheads that hate us, then say that its own citizens cant be trusted with the same rifle.

Michael
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 1:40:07 PM EDT
[#13]
welcome all to the tavor support group.  here in the TSG we are patiently awaiting the civilian release of the tavor.  for those of yall not up to date this is whet i know so far...

the tavor is going to be manufactured here in the states by a company (which i do not know the name of yet) that has a contract with imi (similar to beretta usa--thus american troops can use the weapon because of the requirement that the weapon be manufactured domestically).

the tavor is suppost to come with a 10 round mag for us lowly civies--however, domestic production would circumvent the law banning importation of high capacity magazines.  also the tavor is suppost to utilize the ar magazine--so i'm not sure how this will all work out.

also, alex robinson (importer of the vepr and manufacturer of the m96) is the fella who seems to know more then he is saying about this weapon.  he posted some on this topic over on the old ak-47.net site.  i've tried to get any info possible from him on the release date, expected cost or even the company that is domestically producing the tavor.  alas, his lips seem to be sealed tighter then a amish girls virtue after the barn raising dance.

i was seriously fixing to get one of them new ar180's but with these tavor revilations, i think i might just try and hold out for one of these sweet bullpups.  sloth    
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 9:09:27 PM EDT
[#14]
I love the Galil bottle opener and the bipod/wire cutter!  How much does a Galil cost in the US?
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 9:32:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 9:36:34 PM EDT
[#16]
We need more women with the attitude of those Iraeli women!  They weren't that hot, but they loved their guns and apparently know how to use them.  I wonder if I moved there if I could legally own full auto?  Probably for under a grand.  That seems to be a gun friendly country.
Link Posted: 6/13/2001 10:17:03 PM EDT
[#17]
ponyboy - tell me you were not refering to the israeli's as 'rag heads?'  if so that has to be the most ignorant quote of the day - how old are you? and where do you ride your pony?  i'm 36 and i ain't got no f*ing ponies

that's as stupid as saying the ford camaro or chevy mustang - ("gee but they are both american sporty cars?")

we did not give the m16's to the idf - they were bought.  (albeit most likely with our own 'aid' money) BUT if you watched closely the goings on in central america in the mid 80's all the pro-u.s. countries were buying galils - at the same time m16's were showing up in israel -

do you get it yet?
they do our dirty work when required - in return we give them stuff.

michael - and please name the 50% of countries that get new m16's from us then turn around and shoot at us?  can't wait to see this one.  in fact - i think i'll break out my kafir and lawn chair to see this one.

steve
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 6:00:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Yeah, the Israelis don't wear head wraps.  I was thinking, what country buys 16's?  Saudi?  Kuwait?  But they have not turned those against us, so not sure WHAT Pony is getting at.

Was on a website yesterday that lists the donators and leaders of every gun group in the country.  Geez, well over 1/2 were Jewish.  And considering that they make up only 2% of the US population, it really has me perplexed.  Much of the Jewish American population is such an enigma to me.  Many of them are so unlike Isreali Jews when it comes to guns.

I wonder if Mexico were an Islamic country how much Hollywood money would be flowing to the NRA rather than HCI?
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 6:14:32 AM EDT
[#19]
I was excited to see many of the guns that IMI has designed. I would love to own them all. I love that show.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 7:46:04 AM EDT
[#20]
I agree, the Jews in america aren't like the Isreali Jews at all. The difference is environment. American Jews don't know the need for a gun. But, if you lived in Isreal with Palestinian Snipers shooting at you, you sure as hell would demand the right to self-defense. I saw a great picture of a Jewish settler in one of those He something cities that are attacked nearly daily by Palestinians. He was carrying an AR-15 with a 30-round magazine right down the city streets. Try doing that in America. The liberals would flip out at the sight of Americans carrying 'Dangerous Assault Wepons' with 'Lethal Hi-Capacity Magazines' down the street as a standard Carry-Weapon. Imagine the carnage. Seems, that the Isrealis have more brains or maybe just more lead shot at them than the liberals. Wonder how the left would react if America was attacked and some terrorists started taking pot shots at them. Hell, they'd repeal the NFA if necessary. Just along as they're safe.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 9:46:26 AM EDT
[#21]
My favorate Israeli rifle is the GALIL!

[img]http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Galil_owners_association/files/mygalil2.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 11:49:46 AM EDT
[#22]
It would have been nice if that show had mentioned that the Galil is a modified Kalashnikov design and given credit where it is due. It would also have been fiting for them to mention the extensive use of the M16 family by the Israelies.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 1:06:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It would have been nice if that show had mentioned that the Galil is a modified Kalashnikov design and given credit where it is due. It would also have been fiting for them to mention the extensive use of the M16 family by the Israelies.
View Quote

I believe that this fact was mentioned several times. I have the show on tape and will review that section to verify.

Okay, about 35 minutes into the show there is an interview with a retired IDF Colonel. He is shown with a lightweight, folding stock, .223 cal Galil hybrid. The fact that it utilizes the AK mechanism is hard to catch, but is mentioned twice.

I think anyone who is familiar with the AK probably recognizes the very familiar features.

And the M16 is shown throughout the entire show and I don't think it's mentioned once.

VERY cool weapons. I want them all!!!
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 2:19:23 PM EDT
[#24]
I musta was in the can or concentrating on relighting my cigar when that Colonel mentioned the Galil/Kalashnikov heritage.
Glad to hear they did say something.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 8:35:02 AM EDT
[#25]

Wonder how the left would react if America was attacked and some terrorists started taking pot shots at them. Hell, they'd repeal the NFA if necessary. Just along as they're safe.
View Quote

Damn, in light of what happened 9-11, that statement takes on new meaning. When I posted it 6 months ago, it was just a statement. Now it means something entirely different.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 8:45:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Wonder how the left would react if America was attacked and some terrorists started taking pot shots at them. Hell, they'd repeal the NFA if necessary. Just along as they're safe.
View Quote

Damn, in light of what happened 9-11, that statement takes on new meaning. When I posted it 6 months ago, it was just a statement. Now it means something entirely different.
View Quote

Hopefully the tide will go that way.  The Anti's are trying as hard as their dumbasses can to use 9/11 to pass even more firearm laws.  It is important that these AHoles don't have jobs next voting season...
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 6:03:03 PM EDT
[#27]
LOL as for jews not being into guns, to a large extent that is true. I have been on several rants at temple about you need to kick ass and get an education also. I actually had several in agreement.
Jews in the US have spent too much time trying to gain acceptence and to fit in. Go to the diamond row in NYC and try to row and try to rob one of the merchants. Yll see krav maga and uzis come out.
Remember that Barak was one of the young Israelis that went after and killed the terrorist s that did the Munich 72 act.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 7:35:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
No, these morons would pass MORE gun laws.  That would keep guns out of the hands of terrorists, don't you see.  You must understand that these idiots do not now, nor ever will have, a grip on reality.

Ponyboy, what are you smoking?  The Israeli's use the M16 because IT WORKS, not because it is given to them, which is not true either.  They also are not ragheads.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 6:05:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Actually when I was in Israel most people didn't like guns. I guess after mandatory service they didn't want to deal with them anymore. And the armed guards who were with us told me you had to get a special license for a gun. I am pretty sure he meant you can not own a personal gun, rather than a license to carry one. But the majority of the population is in the reserves so they have a nice M16 waiting for them.
Link Posted: 12/9/2001 6:34:09 PM EDT
[#30]
If you guys are looking for a little more info about the Tavor, here is a good site:

[url]http://www.isayeret.com/weapons/tar.htm[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top