Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/2/2012 2:53:46 PM EDT
I noticed on two occasions (at the GS and in mag rags) that some of the major manufacturers are coming out with Zombie versions of their popular firearms.  Same shit but with Zombie green scribble and green plastic frames....

To each their own...

eso y mierda es lo mismo...

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:06:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep, saw a Ruger LCP Zombie Special several months ago. A little bit of engraving and green paint and it was something like $75 more. Hornady has zombie ammo too, and it comes with a warning to shoot only zombies with it, not humans.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:08:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Marketing... how does it work?
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:10:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Spikes has had one for awhile
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:11:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I fell for it.  Building a fun AR for my wife/niece/nephew to shoot.
Spikes Zombie lower and I added some colorfill lol

I am not all about the zombie fad, but it was something different and something fun.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:11:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I thought the zombie shit jumped the shark a few weeks ago.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:11:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yep, saw a Ruger LCP Zombie Special several months ago. A little bit of engraving and green paint and it was something like $75 more. Hornady has zombie ammo too, and it comes with a warning to shoot only zombies with it, not humans.

What exactly defines a zombie?  Blood everywhere and an animalistic desire to feed.  Or does simple lack of mental capacity suffice?
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:13:13 PM EDT
[#7]
It's no less realistic than the other survival fantasies many around here jerk off to.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:13:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I think the whole 'zombie' thing is nothing more than a pathetic outlet for people who have a secret desire to kill other people and can let that dream run free in their zombie fantasies.

I also think that catering to such dreams is base and vulgar......but I'm a capitalist, so I say 'rock on, marketing geniuses!'.

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:13:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It's no less realistic than the other survival fantasies many around here jerk off to.

hey now, fuck you!
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:16:17 PM EDT
[#10]
I actually have some Hornady Zombie Max ammo for one of my pistols, because it loves the shit.

I think Zombie Max is just repackaged Critical Defense, but someone who knows better will correct me on this.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:17:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

My favorite one is the "we can fix this country at the ballot box".

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:17:31 PM EDT
[#12]
It's dumb as shit but I really do kind of want a Zombie Judge

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:19:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

My favorite is...well, I don't have a favorite because they are all fucking stupid.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:20:34 PM EDT
[#14]

You know you want one

at least I do
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:24:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Yankee Hill Machine really took the idea and ran with it:
http://yhm.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=33&products_id=505

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:25:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I thought the zombie shit jumped the shark a few weeks months ago.

FIFY.

I'm a big zombie fan, and I have given up on it.  Yeah, I have some Zombie Ammo, but....I had to draw the line after the Zombie Themed SHOT show earlier this year.

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:29:23 PM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:30:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Anything that makes the legal use of firearms more popular & acceptable is a good thing.   Just a few years ago the country was on the brink of a permanent assault weapons ban. Now people are buying guns to match their video game fantasies.

Good times.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:33:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What exactly defines a zombie?  Blood everywhere and an animalistic desire to feed.  Or does simple lack of mental capacity suffice?

well, then we're just talkin Liberals then...
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:34:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Is it any sillier than 300 pound losers who can't climb a flight of stairs on one breath insisting that they must use the same firearms as the Rangers/SEALs/SAS/etc?
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:34:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Not my thing but I guess whatever floats your boat
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:35:13 PM EDT
[#23]
It pisses me off

...that I didn't realize the market potential of that silliness years ago, start my own line of ZOMBIE crap, and rake in the dough
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:39:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

hey now, fuck you!

Man states the truth and gets a fu.
Sounds like he struck your nerve
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:40:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

hey now, fuck you!

Maybe he didn't like me ending the sentence with a preposition.  I know I hate it.  
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:41:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Yankee Hill Machine really took the idea and ran with it: http://yhm.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=33&products_id=505  

For $1550.00 I run with it to

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:42:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Anything that makes the legal use of firearms more popular & acceptable is a good thing.   Just a few years ago the country was on the brink of a permanent assault weapons ban. Now people are buying guns to match their video game fantasies.

Good times.

AMEN!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:43:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:45:18 PM EDT
[#29]
I took wife unit to the last gun show here. She saw a Sig P238 in a "cool color scheme". I go back over to see what she likes. Yep, it's a Zombie Sig. Engraved Z, green grips, the whole nine yards. Supposedly fits her hand better than any of the other guns I've tried out on her. Cost me about $75 more than a regular P238. Having shot it a couple of times now, I can say it's a nice little gun. I can also say it does NOT like the Winchester White Box Wally-World value pack .380 ammo. The truncated flat spot just hangs on the highly slanted feed ramp too frequently. Does round-nose ammo just fine. I'll have to find some non-obscenely expensive JHP to try out.

Zombie stuff is OK, particularly if it gets otherwise "resistant" people to become gun owners/users/proficient shooters. That, and it might actually prompt some people to get off their derriere and do some emergency preparations...
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:45:27 PM EDT
[#30]

They seem kind of cool.  I wish they were about half the price.  Something fun for a .22.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:45:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Good times.

This

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:46:43 PM EDT
[#32]
I want an Umbrella Corp. lower

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:48:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

hey now, fuck you!

this face was meant to convey that I was kidding...or did I use the wrong emoticon?  I can't keep this shit straight!
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:48:43 PM EDT
[#34]
I'll never own any zombie firearm crap, but to each their own. If they can sell them, then good for them.

I do hope it doesn't bite gun owners in the ass.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:51:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Good times.

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:51:43 PM EDT
[#36]

Saw these at Academy the other day.  

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:53:29 PM EDT
[#37]
but zombies dont care if you shoot them with expanding ammo or Ball, they dont care if you stab them or cut off their heads either.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:54:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I'll never own any zombie firearm crap, but to each their own. If they can sell them, then good for them.

That is my biggest worry. I think that it has the potential to make us look like mouth breathing fucktards.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:55:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

That would be pretty cool.

If licensing wouldn't be problematic there are a few lowers I wouldn't mind having, Zorg Industries and Weyland Yutani being at the top of the list.

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:56:49 PM EDT
[#40]
No thanks.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:56:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I actually have some Hornady Zombie Max ammo for one of my pistols, because it loves the shit.

I think Zombie Max is just repackaged Critical Defense, but someone who knows better will correct me on this.

Critical defense and V-max, just with different color polymer
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:57:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
http://www.sillmancartridgecompany.com/images/Zombie_1911.jpg

You know you want one

at least I do

Sob, me too
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:58:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My favorite is...well, I don't have a favorite because they are all fucking stupid.

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:59:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Good times.

Typical for this place....it's not important that More people are out there Buying Firearms, ammo and accessories...NOOOOOOOOOOO  let's worry about whether the other guy is wearing the wrong pants, or the wrong shoes, or the wrong type of ammo...
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 5:00:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is my biggest worry. I think that it has the potential to make us look like mouth breathing fucktards.

Anyone who sees this as an argument against gun ownership would have found a pile of sand to get in their vagina one way or the other.

Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be pretty cool.

If licensing wouldn't be problematic there are a few lowers I wouldn't mind having, Zorg Industries and Weyland Yutani being at the top of the list.

Okay, I'd probably buy a Zorg lower
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 5:04:31 PM EDT
[#46]
I have never understood the zombie fad. It seems idiotic to me, but as you said to each his own.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 5:06:43 PM EDT
[#47]
VOTE NO on ZOMBIE 1.  NO ZOMBIES IN USA.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 5:20:18 PM EDT
[#48]
1)  The zombie theme has made a comeback over the last decade.

2)  Gun buyers are getting younger and younger.  Lots of guys that grew up playing Call of Duty are buying guns.

3)  Various fads are going to take over in order for companies to differentiate themselves in an increasingly competitive landscape.

4)  This is no different than folks that set up rigs to emulate a video game, movie, TV character, or GI item.  99.99% of people that buy tactical rigs will never use them in a serious scenario, so I see no reason why folks shouldn't be "playful" with their themes.

5)  Serious Libtards have a hard time making a rebuttal against the "I own guns because of the zombie apocalypse" excuse.  If they say, "That will never happen," just yell, "Neither will closing Guantanamo!"  Make sure you grab your crotch when you yell it.

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 5:21:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Kinda cool to look at ,but i wouldnt buy one.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 5:25:12 PM EDT
[#50]

Some of it is kinda cool, but most is schlock.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top