Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 1/27/2006 3:31:48 PM EST
I've got a gun. I want to send it to my brother. He is not buying it, he's just going to use it. Who will send the gun to his house? The Post Office said no to me. I don't have to ship the gun to an FFL, do I? 'Cause if I have to pay someone to give my brother a gun I'm pissed.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:32:54 PM EST
Not sure.

Hivemind will surely know.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:33:47 PM EST
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:34:08 PM EST
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:36:41 PM EST
I think you can only ship to yourself, such as sending your rifle back home ahead of yourself after a hunting trip...
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:37:38 PM EST

Originally Posted By 82ndAbn:
What type of firearm & is it going out of State?

Basic info like this is needed for the hive mind to render its opinion
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:38:35 PM EST
Handgun, going out of state.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:39:26 PM EST

Originally Posted By Beleg:
Handgun, going out of state.

Postal service cannot ship concealabe firearms.

Try a private carrier and break the handgun down into parts.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:41:25 PM EST
Through a dealer is the only legal way
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:41:59 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/27/2006 3:42:29 PM EST by KBaker]

Originally Posted By Beleg:
Handgun, going out of state.

Can't ship handguns via USPS. They have to go UPS or FEDEX and both insist that they go overnight (not legally required that I'm aware of, but both shippers insist for "anti-theft" reasons IIRC.)

Further, you can legally ship only to yourself, or to an FFL. Shipping it to your brother constitutes an interstate transfer, and must legally go through an FFL. In addition, unless you work somewhere that has regular service from UPS or FEDEX, the chances that one of their offices will take your shipment, even if it IS to an FFL, are slim.

Don't even THINK about trying it through a UPS Store.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:43:24 PM EST

Originally Posted By Beleg:
Handgun, going out of state.

FFL required, at least one. Maybe two, depending upon your local laws. See if your brother can find an FFL who will accept a handgun from a private party (non-ffl) and send it that way.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:44:01 PM EST
I thought you can ship handgun parts?

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:44:29 PM EST

Originally Posted By CRC:
I thought you can ship handgun parts?

As long as it's not the serial-numbered receiver.
Top Top