Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2004 2:05:25 PM EDT
Looks like I may be moving to Zurich. Anyone know what the gun laws are there?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:15:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty good! Loads of Guns… every village has a range it seems… SIGS! Woohoo! SIG 551/2 can be bought in pretty much any gunshop!

I go on holiday there, I just walk into a range and hire semi autos for a small charge.

Linkys…

www.eda.admin.ch/washington_emb/e/home/legaff/Fact/gunown.html

www.guncite.com/swiss_gun_law.html

Andy
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:16:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:21:17 PM EDT
[#3]
SWEET! SIG551, new 221, and a fat box of Havanas!
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:22:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If you aren't a Swiss citizen, it won't be good...

-Troy

Resident foreigners can apply for a permit through their local Canton. The Swiss are pretty easy going, after the Handgun Ban here in the UK, many British Shooters buy handguns and keep them in Switzerland.

This is the situation for a Brit buying a pistol and keeping it in Switzerland……

"You  buy a pistol in Switzerland and keep it there, essentially you apply at the local town hall for a permit (takes two weeks usually), although it is more complicated for non-residents (you'll need your firearm certificate, passport and a letter of good character from your local police, and perhaps other paperwork such as details of your Swiss address).  My suggestion is to look at the legal summaries on some of the Swiss gun dealer websites, such as Gun Factory.  Once you've got the gun you have to find somewhere to keep it, such as with a local club.  From a legal standpoint it is your possession at that point so it has to be locked up somewhere so that you don't inadvertently "transfer" it, which requires some paperwork."

Andy
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:26:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
SWEET! SIG551, new 221, and a fat box of Havanas!

Check out these Swiss gundealers stock… you'll get wood!

Get the waffen permit and away you go…

www.tmpguns.ch/tmp1a.html

www.gunfactory.ch/

Assuming you speak German… this is the link to Pro-Tell, the Swiss NRA… although they make the NRA look like a bunch of left wingers…

www.protell.ch/Aktivbereich/01Homepage/fr/default_f.htm

Either of the gun  dealers or Pro Tell can put you straight on the current regs… pretty much everyone in Switzerland speaks excellent english.

Andy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top