Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 6:52:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Hell, they can't get our guns through the use of Fast and Furious gambits they'll try to blame national forest fire on shooters and get them that way

Everyone knows that gun owners are earth hating, Bible toting, idiots. .
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 6:55:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Surprise, Surprise
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 6:55:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Unfortunately it's true. It happened here with a shotgun.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 6:56:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I wonder how many of those evil fire starting shooters were shooting during huge fucking thunder storms?

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 6:56:53 PM EDT
[#5]
It's possible to start a fire with a gun. But anti's will do or say anything to try to prevent firearm use, including dreaming up far-fetched scenarios on how forest fires are started.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 6:59:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I wonder how many of those evil fire starting shooters were shooting during huge fucking thunder storms?  

They weren't, the thunder storms were caused by Gaia attempting to get the shooters to stop.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 7:00:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Guns don't start widlfires...

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 7:03:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

It's possible to start a fire with a gun. But anti's will do or say anything to try to prevent firearm use, including dreaming up far-fetched scenarios on how forest fires are started.

It's not anti-gun idiots saying this, and there's no call for gun bans, just for people to not shoot steel core bullets and use lead instead.  You'd know this if you read the article in the OP.

Link Posted: 7/3/2012 7:06:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I set the range I belong to on fire with tracers once.  Someone gave me a bunch of 60's vintage ammo for my Garand, didn't know they were tracers.  First one set the dry range grass on fire.  It was fun stomping that thing out in shorts!!!!
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 7:07:06 PM EDT
[#10]
People, I'm here to tell you that I bore witness last week to BLM using binary targets to *prove* that so-called "exploding targets" cause wildfires on federal land.  We were there on the demo range to put out any fires they started.

Well, they did start fires if not used properly according to manufacturers directions.  The BLM ranger supervisor had to mix the ingredients all out of proportion to get the results they were looking for.  

Yes, ball ammunition can cause fires, but it's rare.  Firing tens of thousands of rounds through an M240B?  Yep, it can be done several times a day in very low humidity and hot temps.  

Joe Schmoe with a .22?  Not so sure about that....

Something is afoot here, and it's coming down from the top (somewhere back east no doubt....)
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 7:08:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I set the range I belong to on fire with tracers once.  Someone gave me a bunch of 60's vintage ammo for my Garand, didn't know they were tracers.  First one set the dry range grass on fire.  It was fun stomping that thing out in shorts!!!!

Very easy to do with tracer ammunition-don't feel like the Lone Ranger on that one.  High winds in mid to late Spring all through Summer is bad juju for tracer ammo.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 7:11:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Adolf Hitler

Sadam Hussain

Target Shooters

In that order....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top