Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2006 5:27:02 AM EDT
Round em all up and melt them into scrap to turn into a big statue.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
By DAVE PIZER, OTTAWA SUN

The city's gun amnesty program is still more than a week away, but police have already collected 43 unwanted firearms since it was announced 12 days ago.

"We've not yet had the period of the amnesty and I'm very pleased with the public response to date," Police Chief Vince Bevan told the Police Services Board last night.

Bevan said two rifles were surrendered on the day of the news conference.

"I'm very encouraged, because I think people ... thought, 'This is an unwanted gun, I don't need it anymore, call the police and get rid of it,' " Bevan said.

The three-week-long gun amnesty begins on Jan. 25.

Bevan said those who aren't licensed and whose weapons aren't registered could possibly face consequences by turning in their firearms before the amnesty.

"That's why we have a specific amnesty, instead of walking in and turning your gun in anytime," he said, adding that to his knowledge, no charges have been laid in connection with the 43 firearms surrendered so far.

Bevan told the board that he was also encouraged by the public's response to the city's firearms tipline.

The newly-formed Firearms Task Force executed two search warrants, charged five suspects, and seized a sawed-off shotgun, a Taser, a stolen shotgun and ammunition last week thanks to public tips, Bevan said.

Young children were living at both residences.

"The firearms task force anticipates further arrests and seizures this week," he said.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:36:52 AM EDT
[#1]
And the result will be yet another rise in crime.

Those silly Canuks never learn.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:38:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Dumb, dumb, dumb motherfuckers.

"unwanted guns"... yes, God forbid, anyone wish to have the means to protect themselves and defend their household!

"Bevan told the board that he was also encouraged by the public's response to the city's firearms tipline."

Oh how we love the stoolies! Good sheep! hile,
Gonzo Gonzales (ComeAndTakeIt) Beyondo
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:39:49 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

....Bevan told the board that he was also encouraged by the public's response to the city's firearms tipline....

Cool.  Turn in your neighbor!

"Yes, hello?  I saw someone break into my neighbor's house.  They were wearing a ski mask.  I'm not sure what that gentleman wanted, but my neighbor chased him out of the house with a GUN!  I had no idea my neighbor owned a gun!  Could you send an officer over straight away to arrest him?  We can't be having guns around.  
Okay.  I hear the sirens now.  Thank you.  I'll sleep much better knowing my neighbor doesn't have a gun anymore."
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:43:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Having seen it first hand it's not just canuks that turn in guns.
The first thing most widows do is sell/turn in the late husbands guns.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:44:13 AM EDT
[#5]
You know it's the women of the families that are brow beating their men into getting rid of the guns. MOST self respecting men wouldn't fall for that shit....
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:48:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Wait until you see FIST checkpoints popping up.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:02:39 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You know it's the women of the families that are brow beating their men into getting rid of the guns. MOST self respecting men wouldn't fall for that shit....

They will in Canada. Gun culture is demonized like crazy on TV and radio up there. Almost as much as Americans are. While there are plenty of good old Canadian boys out in the Canadian shield provinces,and scattered through the north country, there are many more liberal city fellows in Toronto,Ottawa and Vancouver who have never even touched a handgun.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:55:05 PM EDT
[#8]
No gun is unwanted..
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:59:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Canada will fall one day due to it's border policy, amnesty for anyone willing to flee a country and the uber-liberal views it holds on everything.

They really need to change their national anthem.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:05:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Bevan told the board that he was also encouraged by the public's response to the city's firearms tipline.

The JBTs wet dream...
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:09:24 PM EDT
[#11]

The city's gun amnesty program is still more than a week away, but police have already collected 43 unwanted firearms since it was announced 12 days ago.

Oh man! I have that many guns in the safe. Those canucks would shit if they really knew what was up....
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:18:54 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
No gun is unwanted..

QFT
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:20:24 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The JBTs wet dream...

I was under the impression most Canadian LE said they would not enforce new controls or confiscations.  It will be nice to see a few Canadian JBTs that do get offed, by the (til this law was passed)law abiding.  It will do good things for us here stateside.  Another nail in the gun control coffin.  Now if we could just get a pro-gun pro-repeal President.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:23:18 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

But most men don't want to risk going to prison and thus losing his family/livelyhood/house either so I guess that I'd turn 'em in If I were a Canuker, cryingly though

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:48:32 PM EDT
[#15]
And they thought criminals fled to them before.... now its their paradise.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:54:22 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Bevan said those who aren't licensed and whose weapons aren't registered could possibly face consequences by turning in their firearms before the amnesty.

"That's why we have a specific amnesty, instead of walking in and turning your gun in anytime," he said, adding that to his knowledge, no charges have been laid in connection with the 43 firearms surrendered so far.

And that right there is why you can't trust a government; legalistic functionaries that traded what common sense they once possessed for a pay check.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:56:39 PM EDT
[#17]

...police have already collected 43 unwanted firearms since it was announced 12 days ago...

wonder if they were all 10/22's and .38's.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:57:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Very sad day, they will regret this later , jsut like England
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:12:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Aren't Canadians notoious for just ignoring their government and doing whatever they will do anyway?  That was my impression from other things I've read.  They're attitude is like "yeah, so what eh?  Now get lost".
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:44:00 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Wait until you see FIST checkpoints popping up.

I preferred UC to EFAD personally.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:15:31 PM EDT
[#21]
FOCKING SNOT NOSED CANADIANS!!!

I HAVE NEVER HEARD A SINGLE NICE COMMENT ABOUT THE USA FROM A CANADIAN.

Enjoy your armed criminals and year long wait to get a tooth pulled.

PS -

unrelated to the above, I think this particular face thing   is very ghey.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:21:00 PM EDT
[#22]
liberal fascism
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:23:30 PM EDT
[#23]
what is a unwanted gun?  
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:26:52 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But most men don't want to risk going to prison and thus losing his family/livelyhood/house either so I guess that I'd turn 'em in If I were a Canuker, cryingly though

FUCK THAT!  They'd have to find them first!

"I uh... sold them... yeah.. that's it... that's the ticket... yeah..."
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:34:59 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I was under the impression most Canadian LE said they would not enforce new controls or confiscations.  It will be nice to see a few Canadian JBTs that do get offed, by the (til this law was passed)law abiding.  

JBTs on arfcom have already admitted they would take part in confiscations if that was the law here...I don't have much faith in the JBTs up north in Kanada...
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:48:40 PM EDT
[#26]
[MontgomeryBurns]Exxxxxxxcellent.[/MontgomeryBurns]

It will make the transition for the coming assimilation all the more simplified.

With the liberal majority of the population unarmed the evil Americans will move north.  While the few renaming armed will either 1: Push south to to pressure the population or 2: Die defending Canada from assimilation.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:55:52 PM EDT
[#27]
" It is good for the government that the people do not  think"

- Adolf Hitler
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:56:16 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh, that's a great attitude to have here in the good ole US of A.

"Well, the AUTHORITIES say it must be so, so it must be so...."

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:56:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Aren't you required to have some sort of federal permit to buy and sell guns in Canada, sort of like an FFL here in the States? I wonder if those Canuker cops have a permit to buy those guns? If not, aren't they committing some sort of feloious act? A crime?

Gun buy-backs are illegal unless they're performed by an FFL holder.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:59:56 PM EDT
[#30]
 My family doctor when I was a kid was from Kanada, he told my dad that he moveed to Texas to get away from all the liberal gooberment crap.  Doc was a cool guy. His 16 yr old son had  a Walther PPK, a Ruger .357 magnum, Ruger MKII, and several rifles.  You should have seen Doc's gun collection.  DAMN.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:09:10 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

....Bevan told the board that he was also encouraged by the public's response to the city's firearms tipline....

Cool.  Turn in your neighbor!

"Yes, hello?  I saw someone break into my neighbor's house.  They were wearing a ski mask.  I'm not sure what that gentleman wanted, but my neighbor chased him out of the house with a GUN!  I had no idea my neighbor owned a gun!  Could you send an officer over straight away to arrest him?  We can't be having guns around.  
Okay.  I hear the sirens now.  Thank you.  I'll sleep much better knowing my neighbor doesn't have a gun anymore."

+1
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:17:25 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

"We've not yet had the period of the amnesty and I'm very pleased with the public response to date," Police Chief Vince Bevan told the Police Services Board last night.

Bevan said two rifles were surrendered on the day of the news conference.

"I'm very encouraged, because I think people ... thought, 'This is an unwanted gun, I don't need it anymore, call the police and get rid of it,' " Bevan said.

The three-week-long gun amnesty begins on Jan. 25.

The newly-formed Firearms Task Force executed two search warrants, charged five suspects, and seized a sawed-off shotgun, a Taser, a stolen shotgun and ammunition last week thanks to public tips, Bevan said.

Young children were living at both residences.

"The firearms task force anticipates further arrests and seizures this week," he said.

WTF!?

Yeah, thats right, they are much safer now that their faggot parents who went along with this shit no longer have the means to protect them.  Now when some thug breaks in with the intent to rob/rape/murder them, the kids will be safe from their parents who won't be in possession of any scary evil guns!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top