Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2001 8:01:20 PM EDT
OK... I've been goin some thinking lately and this is what I came up with:

We should wear seat belts in a car, to protect us in the incase we get into a car wreak, right?

And we should also lock our guns up, incase a criminal breaks into our home, right?

If you got into a car wreak, you would want to have your seat belt, wouldn't you??? Yes.

If a criminal broke into your home, you would want to have your gun(s) on you, wouldn't you? Yes.

Shit. My mind just went blank....... damnit..

Ok, I'll edit this, and finish it when it comes back to me....... CRAP!! I hate it when this happens....
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 8:09:21 PM EDT
[#1]
LMAO!

"Shit. My mind just went blank....... damnit.."

Yes, and with age it seems to get worse!

The funny thing is....when it finally comes back to you.....it will NOT seem as important as before.

Bow
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 8:20:10 PM EDT
[#2]
shhh It's already inforced by law in my state
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 8:28:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Captain Obvious -

You just gave me the best laugh I've had for a while......

Man you were on such a roll there and I was right along with you and then I just lost it!!

Not laughing at you man - just laughing with....
[>Q]

[sniper]
[b]The Sniper
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 8:33:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Funny you bring this up.  When someone, including LEO's, ask me why I carry all the time, I just use that comparison.  I say I don't expect to be in a wreck, but I want to be prepared in case it happens and the same applies to carrying all the time.  I don't expect a problem, but if one arises, I am prepared.  In response to 'you don't need to carry all the time', which I have heard repeatedly, my response is that I always ask them if the bad guys have working hours and off hours.  If they would provide me with this schedule, I would not carry when the bad guys were off duty.
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 8:36:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I STILL CAN'T REMEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 8:44:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, "Cap", you sure got my attention (for a while).  Then k-boom!  I felt I had been dropped from a cliff or something. Like Sniper, I too had a good laugh, you were on such a roll.  [:)]

If you ever get your thoughts back, I would like to hear the rest of your analogy of seat belts and guns.   [:\]

Link Posted: 5/20/2001 8:48:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm sure I'll be lying in bed tonight, and all the sudden it will pop back into my head. I'll be to lazy to post it, and forget it again in the morning....

I'll write it down when I remember it..
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 8:49:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I have got to stop reading this.... I can hardly see for the tears!

I am trying to figure out where you were going and I keep thinking it is like one of those riddles where your supposed to figure out the last line by what came before..... wait a minute.................. ok ...... no.... I just can't do this..... I am gonna have to stop back when you get that edited.

[sniper]
[b]The Sniper
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 8:59:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Let us review our logic for the evening, so we can try and figure out where you are going with this:

Given:  Seat belts protect you in a car wreck.
And:  Seal belts are a preventitive measure against car wrecks, and are not always needed.

Therefore:  Guns protect us against a criminal.
And: Guns are preventitive measures against criminals, and are not always needed.

Conclusion:  Monkeys live in igloos.
Summary:  Monkeys should not carry guns, as they are more prone to get into car wrecks.

BS in Political Science, here I come!

Jewbroni~
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 9:02:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Try a shot and a beer or two or three. Even if it doesn't help you remember, you won't care as much. [:)]
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 9:05:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Try a shot and a beer or two or three. Even if it doesn't help you remember, you won't care as much. [:)]
View Quote

heh heh heh..

I still can't remember where was/am going with it, I know as soon as I stop thinkin about it, I'll remember it...

However, I have thought of another way I could twist this into having some, or possibly more logic than before... hummm....
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 9:08:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Captain, you have obviously reached the rank where CRS is endemic............I think that you were making the argument that it pays to be prepared.  I should know, 2 serious car wrecks and guest of honor at an attempted murder..........If 'it' always happens to the 'other guy' well you've met him.
  CRS = Can't Remember Sh!t
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 9:12:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Captain Obvious:

We should wear seat belts in a car, to protect us in the incase we get into a car wreak, right?

If you got into a car wreak, you would want to have your seat belt, wouldn't you??? Yes.
View Quote

NO!
[img]http://home.earthlink.net/~thegardenweasel/car.jpg[/img]

[img]http://home.earthlink.net/~thegardenweasel/carside.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 9:20:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Captain, you have obviously reached the rank where CRS is endemic............I think that you were making the argument that it pays to be prepared.  I should know, 2 serious car wrecks and guest of honor at an attempted murder..........If 'it' always happens to the 'other guy' well you've met him.
  CRS = Can't Remember Sh!t
View Quote

Although I STILL cant freaking remember the rest of it, it pays to be prepared was the core of it, yes.

OK, now my other thing I had just thought of (God I hope I don't forget this one too...):

(Disclaimer: This doesn't apply to all)

If you're parent, you always make sure your kids have there seat belts on for their protection, don't you?

If your kid(s) is/are old enough to stay "home alone", and you have firearms locked up, where they don't have access to them, and if a criminal broke in, what would they do? Be at the merce of whoever is breaking in.

You care enough to help prevent injuries and or death in a car wreak, why don't you care enough to prevent injuires and or death in your own home from a criminal?

Think about it....
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 9:21:59 PM EDT
[#15]
[img]www.student.smsu.edu/r/rdp485s/images/captobvious.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 9:24:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
[img]www.student.smsu.edu/r/rdp485s/images/captobvious.gif[/img]
View Quote

Not sure how I should react to that.....
Link Posted: 5/20/2001 9:25:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Good recovery.  Bravo

(and it makes sense!)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top