Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2006 2:25:26 PM EDT
Are long arms like cigarettes? You're allowed to have them but not buy them?

I live in PA btw...
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:29:22 PM EDT
[#1]
bump
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:30:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Are long arms like cigarettes? You're allowed to have them but not buy them?

I live in PA btw...

In Montana you must be fourteen, wyo, no. PA,  MUST be 18.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:31:15 PM EDT
[#3]
h
o
m
e
t
o
w
n

f
o
r
u
m
s
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:36:20 PM EDT
[#4]
ah so you have to be 18?

My little brother and his friends drive around and shoot their .22's off in the mountains... considering they're 16 that seems like a bad idea on several levels...

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:46:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Here in Va it is legal for parents to buy for or sell to their children any non NFA weapon.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:54:21 PM EDT
[#6]
"JUVENILE POSSESSION
Are minors restricted from possessing guns?  Yes

State law restricts juveniles under 18 from possessing any firearm without parental permission or authorized supervision. "

pulled that off the web... So as long as my little brother has my parents permission he can possess a long arm without an adult being present?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:59:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Sad.

I got my first gun when I was about 7, a 1917 Erfurt Luger.

I got my first .357 when I was 10.

I got a 8mm Spanish Mauser shortly after that.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:04:36 PM EDT
[#8]
After reading it for the second time it sounds like its legal as long as their is an adult present.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:09:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Yep, hell kids can even OWN guns as long as it is used only under parental supervision.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:11:49 PM EDT
[#10]
yep i had a nice .45 when i was 13, had a note cause it was on "loan"
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:11:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Does it have to be parental? If i just go along would that be good enough?

Well if we get stopped with it then i can just say the guns are mine i suppose.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:12:18 PM EDT
[#12]
I dont know if its legal in MI, I honestly didnt/dont care.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:13:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Its funny talking to kids that are somewhat gun nuts. They have virtually none of the rights that non-minors do when it comes to guns. Other day some 15 year old was telling me he "had a fitty cal sniper rifle but my Aunt stole it" "Im going to buy a vietnam era fitty cal SUBmachine gun off of eBay..."

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:13:42 PM EDT
[#14]
leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-309  we have this in my state.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:17:47 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Its funny talking to kids that are somewhat gun nuts. They have virtually none of the rights that non-minors do when it comes to guns. Other day some 15 year old was telling me he "had a fitty cal sniper rifle but my Aunt stole it" "Im going to buy a vietnam era fitty cal SUBmachine gun off of eBay..."

lol sounds alot like my little brother's friends....

They think their seals or something with those .22's...
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:18:29 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

In va you also can have a note signed by your parents. I would know, I am 16. Use the link I provided above to do more searches.  According to my gun dealer and almost every police officer I know my dad can buy "gift guns" for me with his own money. My dad accompanies me when I go to the range, no legal problem.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:28:07 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In va you also can have a note signed by your parents. I would know, I am 16. Use the link I provided above to do more searches.  According to my gun dealer and almost every police officer I know my dad can buy "gift guns" for me with his own money. My dad accompanies me when I go to the range, no legal problem.

Hmmm i wish my dad was that cool lol... he's the only republican i know that HATES guns.

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:07:31 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Sad.

I got my first gun when I was about 7, a 1917 Erfurt Luger.

I got my first .357 when I was 10.

Sometimes I think the character of Henry Bowman was based off of SteyrAUG.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:21:40 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

You sure about that 8x57 Spanish Mauser?

Larry
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:32:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Normally miners are over 18 anyway because the mineing companys realize the scandals if they hired kids.
Most miners probally have guns because they are some of the toughest people alive & thats their right.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:53:52 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You sure about that 8x57 Spanish Mauser?

Larry

Absolutely positive. 1946 date 8mm.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:59:17 PM EDT
[#22]
How times have changed. My dad bought me my first gun the day I was born. He bought me a .410 shotgun. I started shooting it when I was 8.

Today, he'd be breaking the law.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:03:09 PM EDT
[#23]
here it's even worse.  you're not even allowed to fire a handgun in NYS without a pistol licence unless you're under the supervision of an NRA licenced instructor.  doesn't matter if the owner of the gun is standing right beside you.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:11:42 PM EDT
[#24]
All my Spanish Mausers are 7x57 or 7.62.  Now I have to find one of those.
There's always something, I guess.

Larry

(I didn't realize the 1943 was in 7.92x57)
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:15:49 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
All my Spanish Mausers are 7x57 or 7.62.  Now I have to find one of those.
There's always something, I guess.

Larry

(I didn't realize the 1943 was in 7.92x57)

Yup, Mod. 43 Franco Mauser.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:25:42 PM EDT
[#26]
We had a rules at home.
Rule 1 if you could get the .22 or the shotguns that were over the door you could use them. It didn't matter that you had to drag the chair over to the door to reach them, you were "big enough".
Rule number 2 you brought your own ammo, which ment a five mile bike ride to get it, and you paid for it with money you earned.
Rule 3 if you were going hunting adults (mom/ dad /uncles/ gradma) would pay for the ammo but what the limit for the game that was in season was five thats all the ammo you got. If you shot five times and only came home with 4 of said game you had to justify the other round.
We learned discipline shot placement, and many other things. Most small game around here is in the fall/winter months so a five mile bike ride in 20 degree weather, and the kid job money was summertime stuff, so you were hunting for meat.
Rule 4 you kill it you skin it, this was a learned task from the older kids (cousins/ brothers/ uncles)
Mom or grandma didn't have the time to clean your kill. Now if you were real good at hunting you could earn extra ammo, the family members would stop by and trade ammo for game from the freezer. A 12-13yro during the Thanksgiving and Christmas school breaks could clean up.
The going rate was one rabbit one box of 12ga number 6, a squirrel was good for a box of .22s
A deer was good for a new set of clothes and a box of slugs.
Those were different times, we WORKED around the home/farm we also got our ass beat if we f...k'd up didn't matter if it was your family or the neighbors got got it, and if it was the neighbors you got it when you got home.
Do I have a problem with minors with guns?  Not mine because of they way they have ben taught.
Other minors, I don't know them or how they were taught.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top