Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/13/2006 12:08:20 PM EDT
Gunman Opens Fire at Ft. Hood
2/13/2006

(FORT HOOD, TEXAS) -- One person is in custody after a sniper opened fire on troops this morning at Ft. Hood, the country's largest military installation, 1200 WOAI news reported this morning.

Base Public Affairs Officer Delena Kanaus says the shots were fired at morning troop formation of the 13th Corps Support Command, a unit which performs supply, transportation, and other support functions for III Corps, which is based at Ft. Hood.

Kanaus says nobody was injured in the shooting.

"The post closed all outgoing traffic today as military police searched for suspects in the shooting," Kanaus said. "Post authorities immediately locked down and secured all outgoing gates."

She says the shooting is being investigated by local and federal authorities. She could not say if the suspect is a soldier, or whether any specific individuals were targeted. She says 'several shots' were fired but she says she didn't know what type of weapon was used, or how many shots were fired.

www.woai.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=BA16D074-10A9-4B48-94B3-101BC8FE30CF
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:13:21 PM EDT
[#1]
It was Cheney
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:28:53 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Gunman Opens Fire at Ft. Hood
2/13/2006

(FORT HOOD, TEXAS) -- One person is in custody after a sniper opened fire on troops <snip>

Kanaus says nobody was injured in the shooting.
<snip>

www.woai.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=BA16D074-10A9-4B48-94B3-101BC8FE30CF

If this was a real sniper there would be more injurys/deaths.
Stupid media.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:30:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Sniper with a Colt Detective Special I bet...

I miss Ft Hood, never thought Id say so.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:31:15 PM EDT
[#4]
very strange
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:41:10 PM EDT
[#5]
NO WAY shooting was going on at the largest military base in the country...not only that its in Texas....wow that is strange.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:42:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It was Cheney

They said that on Democratic Underground too!  (I'm guessing, but I'd bet money on it)
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:19:45 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If this was a real sniper there would be more injurys/deaths.
Stupid media.

It was a training exercise; they're firing blanks to see how everyone reacted.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:22:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
"The post closed all outgoing traffic today as military police searched for suspects in the shooting," Kanaus said. "Post authorities immediately locked down and secured all outgoing gates."

Good luck on that!

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:26:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

a sniper opened fire on troops .....

...........nobody was injured in the shooting.

Sounds more like a sniper wannabe.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:28:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Didn't someone shoot up a PT formation years ago, at Benning or Bragg?  Anyone remember?  Whoever it was, they hit quite a few soldiers in that tragedy.

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:29:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Call me crazy, but wouldn't a soldier with even a small amount of training be able to hit someone?

I'm putting money on a lunatic for the time being.

- BG
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:35:30 PM EDT
[#12]
I've often wondered that myself...about every time a gun law is pending legislation there is a rash of shootings....they are always lousy shots and make more noise than damage...but they get media attention and it's always another good reason to pass the laws...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top