cargo pants
Raichle hiking boots
photographers vest
pith helmet
gerber covert folder in right pocket
TommyGunn fanny pack and a long sleeve white Glock T.[8D]
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 4:28:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Proper Gun Show attire consists of the following.

Camo pants
One of those "Pro-Gun" slogan tees
(You know. "308 Holes make invisable souls", or maybe "All In Favor Of Gun Control" with a pic of Hitler throwing up a Sieg Heil)

Yes, a knife in a belt pouch is a requirement

Also, you need

- A Beard
- Dark, amber glasses
- A Cargo Van
- Cigarettes in in your pants pocket
- Shifty Eyes

Link Posted: 10/26/2001 4:35:40 PM EDT
[#2]
well in ca. a good print dress and a large hand bag to put the jerky and jewelry in. lol

just wear something comfy as you may be walking around for a time and I do like to take a small back pack to put items like ammo and mags in or what ever in so I do not have to carry to much.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 4:39:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Also, you need

- A Beard
- Dark, amber glasses
- A Cargo Van
- Shifty Eyes

View Quote
he does not sound like a vendor....[:D]...WEAR green/black in large denominations....
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 4:40:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
well in ca. a good print dress and a large hand bag to put the jerky and jewelry in. lol

just wear something comfy as you may be walking around for a time and I do like to take a small back pack to put items like ammo and mags in or what ever in so I do not have to carry to much.
View Quote

Here's a good'n, and rare...

Went to the Victorville, Ca gunshow(small,cozy show) last weekend.There was nary a jerky vendor at the premises.

I mean.... how the hell am I supposed to get something to eat without cutting into my gun budget??

Did see a few beanie Babies, tho.
[:E]
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 4:45:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Whatever the attire, if you don't already have a pot belly, a scruffy beard, and smell like an ashtray, you'll defineltly seem out of place. Heck, you may even be mistaken for a Fed and everyone will look at you funny.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 4:46:50 PM EDT
[#6]
well I will be in the sac. area next month and it would be a kick to see what the shows have turned into. it's trips like the one coming up that just go to remind me how good I have it after I left about 4 years ago. oh well a few nights in the reno area should get back on track after I leave ca.  jon
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 4:50:45 PM EDT
[#7]
It dosen't matter what you wear, just as long as you walk up to each table flashing a wad of $100's and ask for the "automatic assault rifle 9mm AK47 Uzi plastic long range sniper riflepistol".....
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 5:03:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It dosen't matter what you wear, just as long as you walk up to each table flashing a wad of $100's and ask for the "automatic assault rifle 9mm AK47 Uzi plastic long range sniper riflepistol".....
View Quote

I personally like asking for the "banana clips and automatic ammunition"

[:D]
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 5:41:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Don't forget to add B.O. and whiskey breath to the list.
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 6:05:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Well as dad always told me, you can never go wrong with a simple black dress and pearls :-)

Of course in the great state of NH here, you have to have the half dozen rifles slung over your shoulders as your walking down the street to the show.  That always makes a great impression on those driving by.

[rolleyes]
Link Posted: 10/26/2001 6:09:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh God... the BO.

Sometimes... when really interested in a table, I find I just have to move on, and try and remember to come back... from some of the "other" bystanders.

Downwind is a bitch.
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 1:32:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 1:53:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Wear a business suit with sunglasses.

Carry a clipboard, use it to write down all ther SNs of the guns on each table.

Whenever you engage in conversation with a dealer, ask them to speak clearly into your chest.

Oh yeah, arrive in a large plain white van.  Parked near the entrace, of course.
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 2:07:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 2:28:51 PM EDT
[#15]
NRA hat, blue work shirt, blue jeans, backpack, luggage cart.
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 2:43:49 PM EDT
[#16]
A shirt that is PRO Bin Laden!!

LMAO
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 2:47:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 2:57:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 2:58:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Or if you are lucky enough to be a killer babe that has good knowledge about guns.....then you know what to do.
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 3:05:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Most of the guys around here are old farmers.  But the last time there was this filthy guy in real tree pants, shirt and hat.  He looked like he hadn't washed in weeks.  If that.  I avoided getting within the range that I would have to smell him.  Looked like a looney too.  What the anti's would think of when they think of a gun show guy.
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 4:37:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Proper Gun Show attire consists of the following.

Camo pants
One of those "Pro-Gun" slogan tees
(You know. "308 Holes make invisable souls", or maybe "All In Favor Of Gun Control" with a pic of Hitler throwing up a Sieg Heil)

Also, you need

- A Beard
- Dark, amber glasses
- A Cargo Van
- Shifty Eyes

View Quote

Don't forget the mullets!
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 4:47:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Wear a floor length bathrobe, in white, with some pointy toed slippers.
Wrap a white pillowcase around your head.
When you pick up guns, say, "oh, Allah!, that's a good one!" real loud.
When everyone is looking at you, surprise them by pulling down the pillowcase with the eyeholes pre-cut into it and say, "just kidding!!!"

Oh yeah, make sure you've put the guns down first.
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 6:22:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Went to gun show today. First time ever that I bought absolutely nothing. Usually spend no less than $100 and have spent up to $2000.

"Uniform of the Day" this time was Blue Jeans and a Safari Bush Shirt".

First time that only say around 2 new USGI 30 rounders in this gun show. They are definetly drying up. Usually see at least a 100 Center/Parsons ones.
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 6:46:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Nice pants and shirt comfortable shoes ankle holster. dress for the tit bars after the show.
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 7:08:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Personnaly I prefer black BDUs and any decent shirt.  Comfortable shoes and a backpack are a must...cause I usually end up buying lots of small items.

One of the best things I like about gun shows are the medical supplies.  With my two kids I buy alot of bandages/Iodine/atex gloves (use while cleaning rifles), and various other things.  People are constantly surprised by medican cabinet[:D].  I usually lose at least one small item every gun show[:(].

[b]Now remember everyone......
Reno, Nv Show Nov. 30-Dec. 2
Sacramento, Ca Gun Show Dec. 7-9[/b]

And remember my motto..."Show early...Shop often!![/b]

Sgtar15
[img]http://www.tartarus.net/images/trans/sea/seawolf.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 7:32:24 PM EDT
[#26]
man, you guys are missing the "total effect"
Dad - wear some off the wall cammie, non-military like red, yellow, or blue.
Mom - NO MAKEUP, pony-tail, and worn olive-drab korean war era fatigues.
Kid(s) - mixmatched woodland cammies two sizes too large.

oh, and don't forget the baby stroller, no baby, just use it for carrying the ammo cans and other heavy items you buy.

No_Expert
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 7:58:46 PM EDT
[#27]
I always wonder about the folks "in costume" who go to the gun shows here.  Some dress like cowboys, others dress paramilitary complete with drop-leg holsters for their Sigs and Glocks.  Lots of guys show up with a pistol in a holster on their hip.  I guess they are rubbing the cops' noses in the fact that they can carry openly on state property.

Sometimes, in a moment of weakness, I can clearly see why the gun haters think they need to regulate and control people who like guns.  But then the feeling passes when I realize that 99.9% of these guys are not sociopaths, they just belong at a gamers convention, not a gun show.  It's just an extension of their adolescent fantasy world.  

I'm no fan of conformism, but if you are going to go to a gun show, just act like your normal self, even if it means no showers, beer breath and lighting one ciggie with the next.  It's not a costume party.

Link Posted: 10/27/2001 8:54:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/27/2001 9:07:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Strangest thing I ever saw anybody wear to a gunshow was a complete Highlander set (Kilt, codpurse, bonnet, etc.) complete with a Claymore over his shoulder. ?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top