Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
12/6/2019 7:27:02 PM
Posted: 3/12/2011 2:56:50 PM EST
Is this true? Most insurance mandates cold ranges? I don't know about ranges but I know a bunch of instructors that have their own insurance and they run hot ranges all the time.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 2:58:01 PM EST
Originally Posted By Danj:
Is this true? Most insurance mandates cold ranges? I don't know about ranges but I know a bunch of instructors that have their own insurance and they run hot ranges all the time.

I own a range. Not True in our case.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 3:00:28 PM EST
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 3:07:31 PM EST
Originally Posted By GreatSouthwestGun:

I own a range. Not True in our case.

How exactly do you go about setting up a range as a business? I've been wanting to do this once my wife and I get on our feet...
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 3:13:26 PM EST
Well, I know at my club, they are 100% NRA because of various tax and insurance breaks being a NRA club. They also have a few interesting rules that are in place because of stupid people's actions in the past.

As far as insurance requiring it, I don't know for sure. I do know one of the public ranges around here is simply self insured, according to the owner. I'm not sure how that works now a days, in a world where people sue for millions for slipping on the floor or spilling coffee on themselves. I can't imagine how much one would have to have socked away to self-insure a gun range!
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 3:28:30 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/12/2011 3:28:45 PM EST by Danj]

Originally Posted By ARinKCMO:
Well, I know at my club, they are 100% NRA because of various tax and insurance breaks being a NRA club. They also have a few interesting rules that are in place because of stupid people's actions in the past.
Does the NRA insurance mandate certain rules?

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 9:08:32 AM EST
So when a club says they cannot host a class with a hot range or allow shooters to have hot range due to insurance they are full of shit?

When I was trying to put something together and was looking at insurance I didn't find the insurer mandating range rules either.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 1:50:30 AM EST

Originally Posted By ARinKCMO:
Does the NRA insurance mandate certain rules?

I have no idea. Our special rules are in place because some people failed to be sure of their backstop, and bullets hit houses down range. As far as I know, the only special rule the NRA requires is that every member is NRA. But, I haven't looked into it any further into it than that.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 2:01:52 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/14/2011 2:02:37 AM EST by novaDAK]
Yes, but depends on the range.
Top Top