Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2006 9:01:46 AM EDT
The last few months I have seen several glaring examples of gun magazine writer stupidity ... actually to be more specific... it could either be stupidity, laziness, or just plain contempt of the readers...

Examples you say....

Take Mr. Cooper for example.... yeah I know the father of the modern pistol technique....yada yada... I know a few will get pissed with me writing about this but.... he did a review of the Remington 11-87 Shotgun and reduced recoil ammo a few months ago and I am all but convinced he didnt even pick up the gun and fire a single shot from what I read..... The 11-87 cannot cycle reduced recoil ammo... this I have seen over and over personally and every other person who has written an article on this combo also knows that the two dont mix... so here we have mr. cooper saying that it cycles tons of shots with no problem.... Come on lets no be lazy and write stuff that is inaccurate.

Stupidity....  The latest issue of Special Weapons has an article on the MK16.  They talk about the poor ergonomics of the M16 grip and that the MK16 has solve the problem.... then you look at the MK16 and what does it have on it.... and M16 grip... is the writer blind.... Then you have almost word for word the MK16 article and the HK 416 article... seriously the same tech.... different pics...
I could go on and on with articles that are so poorly written and so damaging to the credibility of the magazine and writers that is would make your head spin.
The writers know they are writing articles aimed at you and me... civilians that shell out dough to buy personal defense weapons and they have a responsibility to give us good info... if someone bought and 11-87 and were lazy and bought reduced recoil ammo cuz Mr. Cooper said it works fine... that guy is a dead man if he has to use it... yeah I know he should have tested it himself... but this is america the land of the lazy one pill wonder mentaility.... I saw it at Front Sight with people that couldnt shoot for shit that literally bought a new gun each day in hopes it would make them better...
I know alot of you agree with me... share your examples... hold writers accountable and tell them to no be so damn lazy... shoot the damn guns,,, tell us if they break...even if the gun makers get pissed...
One another note.... Lots of good articles have appeared in SWAT, Special Weapons, Concealed Carry, etc... you can tell who is a hard worker and who is full of crap.
Anthony
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:03:33 AM EDT
[#1]
or gun tests complaining about how the hole in the back of a CAR stock on an AR15 wouldnt securely hold a cleaning kit
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:26:08 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
or gun tests complaining about how the hole in the back of a CAR stock on an AR15 wouldnt securely hold a cleaning kit

Your kidding! (I hope...)
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:30:22 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Silly.

ARs don't need cleaning kits - they're self-cleaning.

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:07:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I didn't know Cooper did gun reviews any more.
Could you give us a reference on this one?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:10:00 AM EDT
[#5]
The only gun mag worth reading it seems is SWAT.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:12:07 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The only gun mag worth reading it seems is SWAT.

SGN & First Freedom together constitute the paper Arfcom.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:20:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Who can pick out the problem with this book cover?

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:20:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:21:09 AM EDT
[#9]
that's almost as bad as the gun calendar labeling the alexander arms AR as an RPK-74
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:25:36 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Who can pick out the problem with this book cover?

photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=50648&iGalleryUnq=2180&iImageUnq=44510

It's an AR10

We have a winner!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:26:31 AM EDT
[#11]
It's almost as funny as that SureFire advertisement with the flash suppressor's on crooked.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:27:44 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
It's almost as funny as that SureFire advertisement with the flash suppressor's on crooked.

nothing beats the HK(oolaid) pistol ad with the 9mm round inserted into the mag backwards
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:27:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:36:25 AM EDT
[#14]
I read the same special weapons article...

basically shot down the Ar as being unreliable, inaccurate, dirty, not to mention poor ergonomic design.

if I was a blind follower I'd have piled my ARs in the backyard and burned them.  

and then picked up an ak

they write nothing but puff pieces now...completely worthless drivel.

+1 on SWAT and SGN...good stuff there
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:42:56 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

nothing beats the HK(oolaid) pistol ad with the 9mm round inserted into the mag backwards

Haven't seen that one yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top