Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2001 10:18:00 PM EDT
One of my favorites is The Man With The Golden Gun.
Q and another technician are examining the bullet that 007 sucked out of the dancer's belly button, and proclaim it to be 20.003 GRAMS so that makes it a 4.2mm.

Okay, so Christopher Lee had a special cartridge made for his Golden Gun, but a bullet that weighs 20.003 grams in 4.2mm.

Off the top of my head, that's in the 300grn range.
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 10:26:47 PM EDT
[#1]
My favorite is in "Snake Eyes" by Brian De Palma with Nicolas Cage.

The entire plot hinges on this boxer who was supposedly KO'd in a big match (he actually took a fall and was faking it) snapping out of his KO in shock when a gunshot is fired.  

Well, they reconstruct the assassination, and it turns out the gun, the report of which alarmed the boxer out of his faked KO, HAD A FRIGGING SILENCER ON IT!!!  Maybe it was a fake silencer, like on a MAC-10, but come on.  BTW, the weapon was a HK MP5 or MP5K
Link Posted: 5/5/2001 10:32:40 PM EDT
[#2]
3 shots from the double shotgun that Doc Holliday(Val Kilimer (sp)) used at the OK corral in "Tombstone"
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 12:18:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Can't recall the movie, but a woman L.E.O. was shooting at the police range with her duty gun. A colleague walks up and notices that the holes in the target paper are huge (>.5") and ragged. He exclaims "Hollow points!  Those are forbidden."  She explains that she is going after a real bad character.
Hell of a HP, to open up on paper!

Also in Lethal Weapon, you see the "Special HP" that Mel Gibson's character carries around , the one he keeps to "blow the back of his head off." But, I can't make out the HP.  Can anyone else? Looks like hardball to me.  
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 12:47:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Pulp Fiction, Samuel L. empties his clip into some punk and gun locks open right after reciting Ezekial 25:17. Scene changes, much  later on in the movie it flashes back to that scene, seconds after that dude is wasted another punk comes running out with a bigass revolver, Jules's gun is definitely charged and he pops a few into the guy. He also refers to his chromed 1911 as "Mr. 9 millimeter" even though you can see it has a standard .45 barrel.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 1:59:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By David M:
Also in Lethal Weapon, you see the "Special HP" that Mel Gibson's character carries around , the one he keeps to "blow the back of his head off." But, I can't make out the HP.  Can anyone else? Looks like hardball to me.  
View Quote

Exactly.  

He should have stuck to putting his shoulder back in place.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 2:02:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
My favorite is in "Snake Eyes" by Brian De Palma with Nicolas Cage.

The entire plot hinges on this boxer who was supposedly KO'd in a big match (he actually took a fall and was faking it) snapping out of his KO in shock when a gunshot is fired.  

Well, they reconstruct the assassination, and it turns out the gun, the report of which alarmed the boxer out of his faked KO, HAD A FRIGGING SILENCER ON IT!!!  Maybe it was a fake silencer, like on a MAC-10, but come on.  BTW, the weapon was a HK MP5 or MP5K
View Quote

That movie was the worst I have seen in a long time.

Hell Comes To Frog Town was better.

I rather watch Roddy Piper "B" movies.

Cage redeemed himself in 35mm though.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 2:05:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Pulp Fiction, Samuel L. empties his clip into some punk and gun locks open right after reciting Ezekial 25:17. Scene changes, much  later on in the movie it flashes back to that scene, seconds after that dude is wasted another punk comes running out with a bigass revolver, Jules's gun is definitely charged and he pops a few into the guy. He also refers to his chromed 1911 as "Mr. 9 millimeter" even though you can see it has a standard .45 barrel.
View Quote

Sam's still living in the "Tec9 hood".

Zed is Dead.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 4:07:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Two good ones.

The "Aliens" movie when Ripley goes into the nest to recover the little girl.  She goes to great effort to strap a flame thrower to the assault rifle, but fails to pick up even one additional mag or fuel can for either weapon.  Of course, she runs out of ammo while in battle.
Duh...

In Terminator 2, can anyone tell me what the Terminator used to power the M134 minigun in the Cyberdyne battle.  Since the mini is electrically powered, it would be hard to use without "juice".
Duh...
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 8:03:15 AM EDT
[#9]
The Matrix. Keanu blasting away with Scorpion Pistols, .223 brass hitting floor.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 8:14:03 AM EDT
[#10]
in jurassic park the guy blasts away at a raptor through a glass window in a door. the range was 10-feet. the hole in the window looked like a 177 cal pellet gun.

in anaconda, jenifer lopez shoots the snake in the head repeatedly with a bolt action, guess what, she didnt operate the bolt, and hip shot it, and the gun had no recoil and no muzzle blast.

their are so many more

Link Posted: 5/6/2001 8:22:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Die Hard II where they interchanged blanks with live ammo in their MP5's without any blank firing attachments.

And of course the ceramic Glocks.

Impossible to watch if you know anything about firearms or aviation.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 8:26:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Danny Glover and Martin Short are in a movie I cant remember the name of.Something about bad luck.Anyway Glover is holding a pistol on someone and at every change it goes from a Berreta to 1911.At least 5 or 6 times.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 8:33:04 AM EDT
[#13]
David M thats the Hollywood hollow point.Dont you know all handguns are so powerful they will blow off arms legs and heads with a grazing hits.Obviuslly all of you people dont believe this.Its on TV and the movies it has to be true.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 10:56:11 AM EDT
[#14]
OK, we all have our nits to pick, but let's take a look on the more positive side:

In 'Tomorrow Never Dies', in the scene where Michelle Yeoh yanks the magazine out of her MP5, you can see one round left.  She then proceeds to fire her last TWO rounds since she left the chambered one in place.  I was impressed.  Most Hollywood directors would have not have given that little nod to realism.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 11:14:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Nice HK94s converted to MP5s in Die Hard one. 94 trigger groups, no lugs on barrels. Easy to spot.

Antonio Banderas shooting 3 times from a sawn off double barrel shotun.

There are so many mistakes, will post again if i can remember more of them.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 12:14:07 PM EDT
[#16]
In "Commando," seems that a scene was spliced into the film inversed.  There is a short take showing Arnie shooting an M60 with the belt feeding from the right and the expended cartridges exiting the left.

Link Posted: 5/6/2001 12:19:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Don't remember which one, but the James Bond movie with Roger Moore and Kim bassinger.  Bond is running around and using an Ak with no magazine in the well...hehe what a dangerous weapon!
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 12:21:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 12:36:43 PM EDT
[#19]
At the end of wannabe Boyz in the Hood...
....Some big gansta is loading ammo for his AKM, and then turns the gun over and proceeds to snap the clip into place rear first (thats bass akwards for newbies) of course you hear the clicking sound effects, but you know that off camera when he turned the gun over the clip would have fallen right out!

The Antonio Banderez (sp) movie with the sawed off double shotgun on the cover.......
...During a big fight scene this gang busts in spraying the place with M11's with silencers, but with full machinegun sounds!

The Replacements.....
...As Chow Yun Fat (sp)  and the girl are getting away in an old lowrider as one of the big bad guys unloades an HK G-3 at them, of-course all bullets bounced right off the trunk lid....I guess they just don't make them cars like they used too!
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 12:37:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 12:40:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 1:28:47 PM EDT
[#22]
I've seen this one a number of times:

Someone (usually a women) is forced to pick up a handgun to defend self or others (usually their kids).  It's an auto and after firing X shots the slide locks back.  They try to shoot the bad guy, but the gun goes "click."  They pull the trigger over and over and each time it goes click.  None of my autos do that.  

Also, a siliencer on a revolver is pretty good.

Eddie
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 1:46:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 1:48:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Full Metal Jacket.

During the first ambush. The guy that kills the 2 vc when they run between the buildings. Watch his m16 closely before this happens. He empties the mag, during a period of no gunfire there is a cut to the m60 gunner, cut back to the guy with the m16 WITH no magazine, cut to other guys, cut back to the m16 guy and now an EMPTY mag is back in the gun and he hurredly reloads again just in time to get 2 kills.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 1:57:01 PM EDT
[#25]
More movies than i can probably count on one hand manage to squeeze as many as ten shots from a revolver. Impressive!!
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 2:32:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Two of my favorites... Can't remember the name of the movie but someone is attempting to shoot someone across the street through a window with a scoped rifle. When he brings the rifle up the crosshairs are just to the left of the targeted  person. So our guy proceeds to turn the windage knob until the crosshairs are now on the target. Musta be some of them "smart bullets" that follow directions.
The other movie was (I think) the original "Jackal" (I could be wrong) but it showed someone blowing out the tire on a race car with an ar 7 from long distance.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 5:12:25 PM EDT
[#27]
One of my favorites is in Terminal Velocity when Charlie Sheen can't find the safety on his Glock.

One pet peeve of mine are movies when people run out of ammo in auto's but the slide doesn't hang open.

There was also one movie where I counted 28 shoots out of a 1911 syle pistol. I think the movie was "American History X"

There are others to nummerous to mention
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 5:48:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 6:13:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:[b]  
Also, a siliencer on a revolver is pretty good[/b]
View Quote

I may have my theory totally screwed up on this, but a silencer on a Nagant revolver MIGHT be effective.

Since the cylinder locks up to the barrel to seal the gas in, it would not escape to make those bad noises.

Then again, I could be totally wrong...

awp101[uzi]
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 6:51:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 8:44:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
My favorite is from one of the Rambo movies. He shoots the Hind gunship down from the cockpit of the Huey with an M72 while the MIA's are in the back. Can we say backblast? I knew ya could!!!!
View Quote
Or Chuck Norris doing the same in Missing In Action, with an RPG? Can you say pass the barbecue sauce?         [rocket]
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 10:57:47 PM EDT
[#32]
James bond shooting down the helicopter with the ar 7  also a Law and Order SVU ep a while back the ladys got a Desert eagle 50 ae and the
cops all like thats a 17 round clip those are illegal so she drops the mag and hands it to the detective but its the standard flush fit  7 rounder
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 2:24:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Was watching a 20/20 one time with super liberal bitch connie chung reporting(sorry sorry I should know better than to watch anything with her in it) any way shes telling about a crime that happened in the 50's. An evil assault rifle was used, so they cut to a reenactment and you see the end of the rifle, ah yes the evil assault rifle is none less than an AR, complete with flash suppressor and all. HMMM...an AR in the 50's??? anyway come to find out the gun used was an M1 carbine, but I guess it didnt look evil enough for the clip. Also I like (or rather hate) the way they repeatedly used the term assault rifle throughout the show. Man, it really burns me how they try to hype things up[-!-]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top