from the Illinois State Rifle Association
"ISRA Urgent Gun Owner Alert
These two action items were released 10/19/2004:
YOUR GUN RIGHTS TO BE ATTACKED ON WEDNESDAY
On Wednesday morning, 20 October, IL Attorney General Lisa Madigan will be joined by IL State Senator John Cullerton and IL State Representative Karen May at a press conference during which they will introduce the "2005 ILLINOIS ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN." This proposed legislation will include bans on most, if not all, semiautomatic rifles, shotguns, and handguns. It will also ban black powder rifles and any other firearm having a bore of .50 caliber or greater. The legislation will also require you to turn in your guns to the police or face forced confiscation.
THINGS YOU MUST DO IMMEDIATELY:
1. Call Attorney General Madigan's offices at (312) 814-3000 AND (217) 782-1090 and tell the operator to tell Lisa Madigan that you are a law-abiding supporter of the 2nd Amendment and that you resent her attack on your rights.
2. Call Senator John Cullerton's offices at (217) 782-7260 AND (773) 883-0770 and tell the operator that you are a law-abiding supporter of the 2nd Amendment and that you OPPOSE Cullerton's Assault Weapons Ban.
3. Call Representative Karen May's offices at (217) 782-0902 AND (847) 831-5858 and tell the operator that you are a law-abiding supporter of the 2nd Amendment and that you OPPOSE May's Assault Weapons Ban.
4. Pass this alert along to all your friends and tell them to make those phone calls NOW.
5. Please post this alert to any and all Internet bulletin boards that you may belong to.
GREET GUN GRABBER OBAMA IN DOWNERS GROVE
Rabid gun grabber and Democratic candidate for U.S. Senate, Barack Obama, will be making a whistle stop at the Downers Grove METRA station at approximately 5:00 PM on Wednesday, 20 October. We would like all area gun owners to be on hand to give Obama a "rousing" welcome to Downers Grove. Please be on hand at the train station before 5:00 PM. Be prepared to shout, holler and give gun grabber Obama a piece of your mind. The local Republican Headquarters is located at 5150 S. Main, they will have signs and other things you can wave at Obama. "
Has anybody else heard anything about this?
this is bad if it passes there it will move to other states
Have any confiscatory bans ever happened anywhere in the US? Or would this be the first?
Not going to happen. I'm taking bets if anyone's interested.