Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2002 4:12:04 PM EDT
I was looking for a little info and advice. I have registered the domain for my local gun club and there is some members interested in having a web page with a limited amount of info such as location, calender, contacts and such. Anybody here a web designer?? I have absolutely NO experience with it and was looking for some resources (free preferably) to help me get started. I suppose I will have to pay for some space on a web server for hosting but the actuall web design looks daunting. If I can get a basic page up and started the club may take over any expenses and hopefully I can find some members to help or take it and run.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 4:18:09 PM EDT
[#1]
[url]http://archive.ncsa.uiuc.edu/General/Internet/WWW/HTMLPrimerAll.html[/url]

You should be able to learn enough there to get a workable site up and running.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 6:50:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 10:09:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Contact Bill Poole at http://arizona.rifleshooting.com/ He should be more than willing to help you.
Link Posted: 5/14/2002 10:50:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
here is our site. i'm no html guru but i'll be glad to help

[url]www.arright.cjb.net[/url]
View Quote

I clicked on your web page while I had win amp playing. I heard the music and figured my song had just changed, then I got to thinking wtf is this, I've never heard it before....

lol.. it took me awhile to figure it out..
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 11:19:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 2:26:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
MSN is FREE space, easy to use/setup (if you can use a word processor you can use MSN).  Plus you can all kinds of interesting features (chat, discussion forums, reviews, photo albums, etc).

The only downside is they occasionally tweak the software and that has resulted in broken links (to pages or photos).  Generally though I've been fairly happy.
See:
[url]http://communities.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite[/url]
View Quote

No offense, and this is purely my own personal opinion, but I HATE sites that have popup advertising. I don't go to them any more than I have to. Of course, if money is a factor, one of those sites is probably the best option, but I would just pay $100 a year or so on dedicated server space.

Just my opinion :)
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 2:38:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
here is our site. i'm no html guru but i'll be glad to help

[url]www.arright.cjb.net[/url]
View Quote

Ahhhh, your site even has a "Mall Ninja" catagory. Excellent!
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 3:53:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the offers and info. It looks like using MS Frontpage and buying server space for about $5 a month is a possible start.
The biggest problem is the reluctance of some of the oldtimers who don't have 'puters and think of them as evil things and other oldtimers who have 'em and are scared shiftless that it may draw attention to the club. WTF, why should we hide from ANYONE! There are actually a couple of my fellow members who frequent this board but I don't know if there is enough support to make it happen. I cant do it alone or without some help from others in my club in north central Indiana.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top