Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2009 3:44:25 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/20/2009 3:44:48 AM EST by eracer]
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/sep/19/manatee-county-gun-buyback-event-proves-popular/news-metro/

Two questions actually. This excerpt is from the article cited above:

In exchange for working firearms, participants received $50 for a revolver and $100 for a rifle — no questions asked. Background checks are run on the firearms, and after being salvaged for parts they are destroyed.

Richard Arens, 70, had a donation of a different sort. He was turning in a pistol and two rifles, one he purchased as a teen to use while deer hunting with up north. He paid $2 a week until he had it paid off.
"I've had them so long they're like keepsakes," said Arens, who began to weep in line. "It's emotional because I've had them so long and nobody to give them to."

My questions are:

1. What parts are they salvaging, and why?

2. If that was a pre-64 Model 70 that old Mr. Arens turned in, do I have permission to find him and bitch-slap his dumb ass?

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:48:49 AM EST
For #2- no you cannot bitch-slap him. He probably kept a nice revolver in case he has to finish the deed himself. I think teh internetz got ahold of you a bit. It's ok. That is a nice firearm; the man is sad he has no heirs, of sorts, to give a quality piece to.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 4:05:11 AM EST
Astounding NWO .gov stupidtity!!!
Top Top