Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2013 9:39:58 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:43:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Knee jerk laws not working the way you intended. I'm sure they'll put an exemption in there for those that are more equal.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:44:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm sure the PD would still accept free guns.....
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:45:52 AM EDT
[#3]
The Sheriff has a compound?

"The computer systems are not portable and could not be used at the sheriff's compound where the buyback was planned next month. "
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:48:38 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

"The computer systems are not portable and could not be used at the sheriff's compound where the buyback was planned next month. "
View Quote

That just means they'll now need to drop $200,000.00 to upgrade the sheriff's computer system with a mobile capability so they can hand out $3000.00 in vouchers.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:54:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Stupid Colorado legislature.  
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 9:59:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nope.  This is good.  Why should the PD be able to ignore resonable cun laws?  
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:01:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Did they pass the background check?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:03:41 AM EDT
[#8]
I can't wait for our next Seattle buy back/gun show.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:05:06 AM EDT
[#9]
I can't say I'm entirely glad because the laws are there in the first place.

But the irony is laughable.

I would say that this is an example of the sheriffs voicing their protest; but he's not one of them that signed onto the lawsuit to overturn the laws that violate our rights.

Cheers!

-JC
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:13:54 AM EDT
[#10]

I'd like to sell them some zip guns (I would make only for their buy back).  Do you think they want a semi-load of them?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:29:08 AM EDT
[#11]
is a FTF sale outlawed in Co now?
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:34:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Good luck finding an FFL who will support this commie, liberal, shit.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:37:10 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Good luck finding an FFL who will support this commie, liberal, shit.
View Quote

Sadly, I bet they could find an FFL willing to cut gun owner's throats...

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:39:21 AM EDT
[#14]
The Boulder Daily Camera reports the group would have to find a licensed firearms dealer to hold the event and then pay the dealer for each transaction, which would be too expensive and too difficult.
View Quote

I hate to say "I told you so," but...
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:40:56 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote
Correction

Stupid Colorado voters

They did what they wanted, the proof will be not much change in the next election
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:42:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

That just means they'll now need to drop $200,000.00 to upgrade the sheriff's computer system with a mobile capability so they can hand out $3000.00 in vouchers.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a hunch that maybe the Sheriff could have proceeded with the buyback if he wanted to and no legal trouble would have come of it.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:42:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

It "depends"
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 10:54:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Haha
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 11:06:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
The Boulder Daily Camera reports the group would have to find a licensed firearms dealer to hold the event and then pay the dealer for each transaction, which would be too expensive and too difficult.

Add that little tidbit right on to the lawsuit.

If it's too expensive and difficult for the state, surely it's a undue burden on the average citizen.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 11:09:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Correction  

Stupid Colorado voters

They did what they wanted, the proof will be not much change in the next election
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Correction  

Stupid Colorado voters

The CO legislation did NOT do what the majority voters wanted. They did what the voters in 2 counties and the feds wanted. What happened in CO is NOT a reflection of what the voters want.

There's terrible legislation in every state that does not reflect the will of the people.

Cheers!

-JC
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 11:12:20 AM EDT
[#21]
I would think he is just voicing his protest. I have had an FFL do a NICS call in through a cell phone at a gun show, I don't see what would make it any different and even that I highly doubt is the procedure. I know in the great state of IL all the gun turner-inners aren't presenting their FOID cards because they don't have them at these events.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 11:13:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

If it's too expensive and difficult for the state, surely it's a undue burden on the average citizen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bingo
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 11:17:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The CO legislation did NOT do what the majority voters wanted. They did what the voters in 2 counties and the feds wanted. What happened in CO is NOT a reflection of what the voters want.

There's terrible legislation in every state that does not reflect the will of the people.

Cheers!

-JC
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Correction  

Stupid Colorado voters

Cheers!

-JC

Well, we'll just see what happens in the next election as the voters speak.

Link Posted: 7/24/2013 11:26:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

No.  You have to have a background check done, in wich the FFL processing the check cannot charge more than $10.  FFL's are free to decline processing the background check.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 4:53:55 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Cheers!

-JC

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Correction

Stupid Colorado voters

Cheers!

-JC

Then there should be massive turnover in the next election, right?

I would bet that won't happen.

CO has turned.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top