Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2006 4:04:45 PM EDT
I use to be a regular on the George Magazine Political Message board until they folded... while I was there, I met up witha few gun enthusiasts as yourselves, and eventually became a NRA lifetime member as a result.  I lean toward the conservative side so this should not be any surprise to anyone...

Lately I have been visiting this rock band's message board where they have a political forum.  I started a thread about the girl  who was murdered in Brooklyn last weekend.  Mind you, when I started it, I did not realize the girl was drunk at the time of her death, and I was basically emoting because I was so upset with how she died.  Anyway, my argument within the first post was if she was armed, she could have still been alive.  I do not condone handling a gun when someone is drunk... so lets just make that clear.  Anyway, I started getting attacked from all ends because I believe there is power in arms, and it's basically a liberal forum, anyway.  I'm well aware of that and it's my choice to stay .. I just want an opportunity to give the conservative side of issues mostly.

Meanwhile, I figured I'd start a new thread within the Political forum regarding the politics of guns, and especially regarding women.  I checked the NRA site for some useful information... but I"m not finding what I'm really looking for there ... would any of you know of any good sites that would give statistics for the advantages of gun ownership.  

It would be much appreciated.  Thank you!!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:08:24 PM EDT
[#1]
www.gunfacts.info/

all the info you will need.  go get them!
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:10:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you!  I'm in there now checking it out...
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:11:54 PM EDT
[#3]
2nd Amendment Sisters web site is valuable for the soccer mom crowd, IMO.

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:27:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I wouldn't waste your time.

Liberals do not use LOGIC and RATIONALITY. They argue with EMOTION. To them all force = evil. I converted a liberal brother in law when I first got into guns. He was very liberal and I got him to do a 180 on gun issues. The thing is this; he was very open minded and one of those rare people who if given proper information, is able and willing to change their mindset.

This took me 2 years of debate and fact finding.

Plus you will be dealing with "artists" and these people don't live in the real world, which makes the liberal disconect even harder to overcome. Even if you show them the statistics they will believe that you:

1. Made them up.
2. Question the validity of the study
3. Levy personal attacks on the writer of the study
4. Use false statements from the various anti-rights groups supposedly dissproving those stats.
5. Blame law abiding citizens for criminal actions.

Logic and Reason really do not apply to people like this. Here is a good article from JPFO about the mentality of these people.

Read this article from John Ross about being more effective in argueing gun rights.

Also read this article from JPFO about Bill of Rights Culture

Good books to get some REAL good well thought out ammo to use in debates is Unintended Consequences by John Ross and Bostons Gun Bible These two books have very well thought out arguments about our rights, self defense, the gun culture etc. I dare say that your time would be more enjoyably spent reading these two books than arguing with liberals who really don't care. They HATE things that they fear. These warm fluffy people in my experience really are angry bitter people who feel helpless and powerless in life and want to be protected.

Not really exactly what you asked for but been there done that got the T-shirt. The only real statistics they MIGHT even accept is from the Department of Justice, and you can correlate that with deaths from other causes. But even then. They HATE guns personally, they only want to argue, they do NOT care about facts, they only care about emotion, they know NOTHING about history, etc etc etc. I wouldn't waste your time. Maybe worth it for a relative or friend you personally know and like, even then it is HARD to do.

ETA: Welcome to the board!! Hang out here we are more fun. If they get to annoying post a like and ask for a fire mission
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:27:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Liberals do not use LOGIC and RATIONALITY. They argue with EMOTION. To them all force = evil.

Simple solution:

Slam one of them against the wall, pull out a rubber knife & then ask them if they didn't wish they had a gun right then???????????        

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:36:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Simple solution:

Slam one of them against the wall, pull out a rubber knife & then ask them if they didn't wish they had a gun right then???????????        hr

Ha! That made me laugh out loud!  

But they still wouldn't get the message...
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:32:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Simple solution:

Slam one of them against the wall, pull out a rubber knife & then ask them if they didn't wish they had a gun right then???????????        

Then use a real knife??????    
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:40:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Simple solution:

Then use a real knife??????    

Sounds good to me.  Nothing changes minds like a little blood letting...
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 2:00:15 PM EDT
[#9]
BTW:  Welcome to AR15.com.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:21:25 PM EDT
[#10]
it took you a while to post your first post.

welcome to the forum
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:25:12 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
it took you a while to post your first post.

welcome to the forum

Yeah, it looks like it took me a long time to post here, but I believe I was here even before 2001 under a different user name... and I cannot recall it.  I think I was more talkative then...  I must have created the Karan logon in 2001 and never used it.  I couldn't believe it was still active!  But I'm glad it was...
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:26:05 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
BTW:  Welcome to AR15.com.

Thanks for the welcome!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top