Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2005 3:18:56 PM EDT
My M1A for a NIB Fulton Armory Garand? Took my M1a [SA, 1989 all GI parts]to see a dealer who always has parts for these. Was looking for a good GI stock, and wanted to try the fit before I bought. I must have been asked at least 60 times if I wanted to sell, politely said no. Walked by a dealer who asked the same, then asked to see it. He started at 11, 12,13 1400.00 bucks for it then offered a trade for a Fulton Armory M1 Garand NIB. I passed but was tempted. He gave me his card and told me I could have A NIB Fulton Armory Garand or any of his Collector Garands. [He had some very nice ones last show]

So what the heck is it with the M1A right now? Are they that "hot" with GI parts that a Fulton Armory Garand is a fair trade?

Other deals, A Tiger Dragonov for 1200.00 Nice shape but not original handguards. TRW, Winchester, and other GI BBls for M-14. Take offs but TEs of 0 to 1.3 on average. $275.00. Colt GI M16 A1 complete uppers WITH bolt and carrier. Triangle guards. NEW $400.00.

COLT RUMOR!!!!!!!! Heard from a very reliable dealer that Colt is working on a .308 AR and it will be out shortly. I have not heard of that but I suppose with the renewed interest in a larger caliber for long range sniping it is possible.

Only one seriously weird gun show guy who sidled up to me and started telling me that he had M-14 parts he might be persuaded to part with but he was being watched and his phone tapped by the Feds as he was a patriot.    OK buddy, get the hell away from me.

Prices on ARs all over the place. Bushys were 1059.00 for the M-4. RRA low of 799 for an A2 to 1189 for M-4 type. Goofy pricing. Nice Colt 6700 for 700.00 with the comp. [used but real nice shape] walked in but I passed. Only one FAL in the place, an HBAR Israli with Imbal receiver, $1200, nice but not that nice.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 3:24:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I wish I had an M1A.  I wouldnt sell or trade it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 3:39:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Springfield has run out of USGI parts. M1A rifles with USGI parts have increased in value as a result.

Galland
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 3:40:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Only one seriously weird gun show guy who sidled up to me and started telling me that he had M-14 parts he might be persuaded to part with but he was being watched and his phone tapped by the Feds as he was a patriot.    OK buddy, get the hell away from me.

Wow. The same guy goes to the Ft.Lauderdale gun shows too.

I LOVE my SA M1A w/ all GI parts
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:02:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice tigerstripe, looked at one today [USGI] that was stripped, could not decide on that one or a Natl Match stock that was a little thicker. Dealer is bring another real nice one next time for me to look at. Says it is a very nice tigerstripe. Well see. He sold me a USGI M14 new bayo for 25 bucks with sheath. 67 made in date.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:07:32 PM EDT
[#5]
If it were me I would hold on to the M1A and look at the CMP for a Garand.  Why buy a reproduction when you can have the real thing.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:10:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If it were me I would hold on to the M1A and look at the CMP for a Garand.  Why buy a reproduction when you can have the real thing.

Shhhhh. More $400 Garands for me.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:25:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

lol, I hear you.
I have 2, but I need one more,  and just for grins here is my Christmas Tree this year courtesy of the CMP
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:31:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

lol, I hear you.
I have 2, but I need one more,  and just for grins here is my Christmas Tree this year courtesy of the CMP
img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/Brian_in_Pullman/Guns/DSCF0322.jpg

Cool, now that's AR15.com Christmas spirit.

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:32:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:33:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Sounds like a decent show....... for lookin anyway.

MSRP on a Fulton service grade M1 is $1400. ( probably can be found slightly lower )

Only YOU know what your M1A is worth
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:35:45 PM EDT
[#11]
i will never sell my m1a, you shouldn't either    
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:02:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Fulton Armory Garands are real Garands that have been rebuilt and refinished.  
www.fulton-armory.com/MRifles.htm#ServiceGrade

Service Grade
M1 Garand

Original U.S.G.I. Receiver and Parts
New Fulton Armory Standard Weight Barrel--specify .30-'06, .308 or .270
New Walnut Stock and Handguards
Sling
Manual: "The M1 Garand Owner's Guide" by Duff
Clip
Lovingly Rebuilt & Refinished by Hand
Guaranteed UNDER 2.5 MOA!
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Call for Delivery Time
FFL Required (Curios or Relics FFL applies).
150 credit for your good USGI receiver, 300 credit for your CMP Garand.

fxntime-I'd just buy a service grade from the CMP and hang on to your M1A.  My service grade HRA M1 that I got from the CMP isn't nice and pretty like one from Fulton would be, but it works perfectly and is more accurate than I am.

My USGI HRA service grade with my Remington 03A3

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:09:18 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

lol, I hear you.
img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/Brian_in_Pullman/Guns/DSCF0322.jpg

OMG!!! You Un PC bastage!!! You'll have Lib quaking in their birkinstocks with a gun Christmas tree. Where's the brass "ornaments?"
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:15:24 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:04:54 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

OMG!!! You Un PC bastage!!! You'll have Lib quaking in their birkinstocks with a gun Christmas tree. Where's the brass "ornaments?"

I live on the East (Dry) side of the state, not near as many libs here (lots of farms, etc).  Here are some pics of the local range, when I joined last year my member number was in the 1800's.  

I didn't even think about ordaments, maybe next year, do I get any points for a case of finely crafted NorthWest microbrew (Deshutes Brewery Jubelale) under the tree?  I ended up taking it back down just because I didn't want to leave over $1000 of guns sitting out.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:27:58 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

]

I didn't even think about ordaments, maybe next year, do I get any points for a case of finely crafted NorthWest microbrew (Deshutes Brewery Jubelale) under the tree?.

One point per full bottle or can............or is that 1 point per empty?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:34:34 PM EDT
[#17]
No, don't trade it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:37:37 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

COLT RUMOR!!!!!!!! Heard from a very reliable dealer that Colt is working on a .308 AR and it will be out shortly. .

LEO & military only.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:43:43 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

COLT RUMOR!!!!!!!! Heard from a very reliable dealer that Colt is working on a .308 AR and it will be out shortly. .

LEO & military only.

F/A only or will it come in semi auto also? Anyone know what kind of mag it will take? Propriatary?
Have you actually seen one?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:56:24 PM EDT
[#20]
I would never sell/trade my all USGI Springfield Armroy NM M1A that I bought in 1989.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:05:11 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I would never sell/trade my all USGI Springfield Armroy NM M1A that I bought in 1989.

Mine was built in Nov of 89 but it's not a NM.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 2:48:09 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

So Yea , How is Fred doing anyway ?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:15:26 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So Yea , How is Fred doing anyway ?

Heyyyyy, I like Fred. Well, I like his column. Never met him but I'd like to.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:33:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Look at it like this.....

The F.A. Garand you can get instantly.No problem finding one of those.

Can you find another all G.I.,1989,S.A. M1A instantly??

Keep the M1A.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 2:57:05 AM EDT
[#25]
U.S.Rifle,7.62mm,M14,TRW.

100% correct ALL GI and NFA registered.

When I let the bolt slam home,the rifle "rings" like a tuning fork.

I have every "optional" item known to exist in the 1970's for an M14.

Yes, it does have a "happy" switch and NO, it is not for sale.

I have enough NIW US GI parts to build several M14's........I would NOT own an M14 unless it was 100% US GI..........(except for receiver maybe).  

Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:11:41 AM EDT
[#26]
I need to put the flash hider back on my M1A, now that I no longer live in the PRK. The brake just makes it look gay.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:38:02 AM EDT
[#27]
After the shit Fulton pulled the other day , it sounds like it is a good thing you passed on it .
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:57:03 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
After the shit Fulton pulled the other day , it sounds like it is a good thing you passed on it .

What did they do?  I'm just curious I'm not trying to stir things up.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:20:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:25:10 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Info, we need info!!!
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:14:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Hi XXX,

We [Fulton Armory] called UPS today and requested that they return back to us the shipment of 100 receivers we sent out last week to you.

If for any reason UPS delivers them in error, Fulton Armory demands that you return all 100 of them back to us. We will credit your credit card the moment the receivers are received by us, as well as reimburse you for standard ground shipping, handling and insurance. If they are not returned, we will call the CADOJ and list them as stolen.

ATF allows that any licensee may refuse to sell to anyone, for any reason. I so now refuse to sell our lowers to you.

The California DOJ called me today and informed me that even though our receivers are technically legal for sale in CA, we __could__ still be prosecuted by any of the over 100 DA's in California. An essential fact that you withheld from me in our communications. Had I been aware of this critical information, and that there was some legal dispute, I would have never shipped these receivers to California.

As mentioned earlier today via our phone con, the second 100 receivers that you ordered will not be shipped.

It seems these days, there is legal, and then there's "legal". Who knew. Who can know these things?

A copy of this email will be faxed/mailed to the CADOJ.

W. Clint McKee
Owner
Fulton Armory
[email protected]
http://www.fulton-armory.com

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=260461&page=5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top