Posted: 3/5/2002 10:00:54 AM EDT
anyone attending this weekend?
I will be there on Sat am. Gotta do some
parts shopping.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 10:11:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 11:04:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Ah yes, "Big E" gunshows- lots of well-dressed geezers hawking overpriced antique guns that nobody seems to be buying...

Good place, though, to get spare parts (must get some for 9X18 Mak and some Lee-Enfield stuff) but beware the ammo vendors, who have to set up outside the main venue- often WAY overpriced! Quality and prices are usually better at my local gun shops.

OTOH, the Mauser historic rifle exhibit often at these shows is pretty cool- just who are those guys? They seem to have about every cartridge-loading Mauser rifle ever made on display.

No kettlecorn at these shows, though- whodathunkit?
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 11:10:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I hope to be able to attend the fun show this weekend, but I dunno if I can get anyone to go with me. The last one was not very fun alone.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 11:12:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I will be there sat.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 11:14:45 AM EDT
[#5]
95th foot, LOL! Looks like we have the same tastes at least on some of our picks.
I have only bought I think 2 guns there,
My russian Mak and a POS norinco Tok that had been rebarreled to 9mm. (And I didn't realize it till I stripped it down at home and found the teeny 9mm stamped on the barrel.)
The parts vendors are good sometimes and others
just nuts. The tables in the back of the building are where I usally shop, away from the
antique geezers. I suppose that is a problem when you know what dealers pay for C&R's too.
03ffl myself. My wife has a good time at this one Russian vendors table with the damn stacking dolls. Oh well she lets me shop too!
Maybe I will print out an AR15.com sticker and
plaster it on my Carhart hat or wool vest.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 11:19:55 AM EDT
[#6]
West Springfield is too long of a drive for too little pay off for going there, been once that was enough. I did make it to the show at the Seabrook dog track this past weekend. So far I haven’t been impressed with gun shows, prices are the same whether at a show or at the shop.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top