Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/24/2001 1:05:26 PM EDT
Just got back from a show, had to post. Saw a few good deals for a change, ammo, accessories, etc. Bought a few things, mostly just had a good time with friends. BUT as always, the ripoffs were there too. Here's just a few:

#1 - Some jerk dressed like Saturday night at the rodeo, had a "Pre-Ban" Mini 30 used w/1 USA
hi-cap for only $450.00!

#2 - The second scumbag had a Bushmaster Shorty AK with a "Pre-Ban Muzzle break", only $900.

#3 - Used, well worn GI mags $25.00 each, about 50% of the finish gone, Take you pick, he had a couple hundred. Oh yeah used Colts for only $50.00.

#4 - Then there was the history professor (who hadn't bathed in a week) had a Romanian SR-2 AK for $1200 that he claimed was a "true Russian AK-74, if you will notice the Russian Laminated wood and correct Russian muzzle brake, sights, and red magazine."
"The only Romanian parts are the barrel & receiver. These parts came from AK-74's that were disassembled and cut in half back in the late 1980's, a fringe group (of some sort) were selling these as souveneirs to raise money for the Contras". "If you notice the cuts in the stock only the Russian guns have these, I spoke with Mikal Kalishnikov himself back in 1989 at a show in Kerbackerstan and I asked him why the guns had this and he said that it was so they could tell which AK model it was in the dark".
By this time the crowd had grown to about 15 people and the B.S. was so deep and he was running out of story, he then said "OK I will let it go for $1000.00 cash and I'll throw in 4 more magazines."
Proceed to next table...

Link Posted: 2/24/2001 1:56:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Ahhhh...perfect opportunity to post this:

It is a most enlightening look at the average gunshow crowd. But I for one think they left out a couple.

The Know it ALL dealer :
The know it all dealer can tell you the entire history of every gun in the place. He can be a great help to a newbie but the fact is he doesn't know shit. In his perfect memory (fantasy) the guns on his table are truly unique and one of a kind. Never mind the fucking serial numbers being in the 4 million range.
When doing you the large favor of just acknowledging your presence, he can and will make you the deal of a lifetime. Preband (sic) weapons of fierce lineage. The AR15 on his table ? Yep, sure enough it's the one issued to Carlos Hathcock. The Norinco .45 ? You gessed it, Audie Murphy carried that one. The hicap AR mags ? Of course they are the "real deal" buster. These were carried in 'nam. None of the imitation USGI shit here man, the real thing. They have 10% of the original finish left and are worth $60 each, and you are damn lucky he is in a good mood.

The Wannabe :
This guy is usually in his late teens or early twenties. Hasn't been laid but once in his life and wants you to believe you are an inch away from a sure, swift, horrific death just because he walked within 5 feet of you on an aisle. Sporting the trendy "Kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out" new t-shirt and a pair of Danner copies. His pants are stuffed in his boot tops, he is DAMN sure he can handle any weapon at the show and is the first guy in line to by from Mr. Know it ALL dealer. He is specops material for sure. If he ever saves enough money to buy gas to go over to the enlistment office he will offer his services to this fine country of ours. As long as he can skip boot camp, not have to cut his hair and can lead some really cool Ranger outfit. Otherwise, it's too much trouble. He watches movies about war and sits and loudly elaborates on how he would have done things if he had been in charge of the movie outfit.
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 1:58:57 PM EDT
[#2]
The Class III dealer :
This guy is one way cooool mother fucker. He has twenty five guns lined out on his table with the little signs "Please don't touch" every two or three inches. If you ask him ANY question he looks scornfully at you and let's you know you are a waste of good useable oxygen. He has the same guns at every show, and the same crappy accessories in his little glass case. The reason he hangs on to his stuff forever is he wants 13k for a registered receiver Uzi in about 70%. This along with the BANNED SAR48 Springfield for $9500 in 80%. The mags in the case ? Well they are there for serious customers only. Yep, Glock hicaps are $125 each and oh yes, the MP5 curved 30 rd mags at $100 each used is only for a "serious" buyer. Sadly he doesn't realize just how much business he pisses away when answering every question with an angry, hostile response. He doesn't at all understand money or the international exchange rate of same. This is evident because this idiot full auto bastard MUST have everything priced based on Canadian dollars. Why would he be 40% high on everything ?

The JUNK guy :
This fine fellow will bring 8 tables worth of rusted shit you never recognize. He has several boxes of stuff on his tables. Too lazy to unload, tag or price any of it, he is assuming that every son of a bitch at the show is going to stop in and immediately recognize something from the mess. Goes to EVERY show, the same shit and when you walk buy, he is sitting on his ass talking shit to a buddy and ignoring anyone or anything around his tables. If you happen to be so lucky as to get his attention and ask about a specific item in the hopes that the all elusive magic part you need may be hidden away in his shit, he simply says "yeah I have one, check back with me in about an hour, I will see if I can find it". You, being most patient and amenable agree and walk on. After an hour, you drop back by his table and ask if he found your wonderzap springs. "What was that ? Yeah I think I have one of those, check back with me in an hour or so"

The Mag Guy :
This fellow sells only mags. He may wear a white straw cowboy hat. His attitude is the worst of any seller in the show. He has hundreds of mags, all thrown out on a table. Many are rusted and worn beyound recognition. If you happen to ask about a specific mag, he snaps at you and informs you " yeah $140". Shit ! Who knew a CZ mag would be worth that much ? If you ask him to confirm the price, he gets furious and barks for you to move on since you can't afford shit anyway. Nevermind the black Steyr you are carrying and the 5k in cash you brought.

The Kinda Shady Guy :
This person has two tables. It is covered with things ranging from LEO mags to fucked up home job AR kit guns. His willingness to let you in on the "really good deals" on shit you can't get ANYWHERE else is a testament to his fine demeanor. "Yeah those are LEO mags, but hey do you REALLY think they're gonna chack you ? Shit, those BATF guys don't care about this kind of stuff, they are out looking for gun runners. They're too stupid to even know what's legal and what isn't anyway. If the LEO mags bother you, I have a shitload of ones I just refinished myself. You can't see the LEO markings on them at all "
The AR kit guns all have selector switches that rotate 180 degrees and some have an M16 bolt. He isn't going to tell anyone about them so just buy it and keep quiet...ok ? You can have an AR with MACHINE GUN part
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 1:59:39 PM EDT
[#3]
The Beanie Baby/Ammo guy :
He is selling ammo and beanie babies. Well actually his wife and kid are selling the beanie babies. Cavim .308 for $200 a case and Pooch the Snoot (or WTF ever) beanie baby for $25 bucks. Nevermind the fact that he bought the Cavim from the guy across the aisle who still has quite a bit left selling for $149 a case. He opens up boxes of IMI SS109 from Cole and puts a few on stripper clips and sells it to The Wannabe for $60 a clip. If you happen to be so bold as to inquire why in hell he would try to sell ammo right across the aisle from the same ammo priced $50 less a case, he just looks real confused at you and says I got two cases, you interested in a Beanie Baby today ?

The Knife Guy :
This guy is sharp. He is in the zone when it comes to gunshows. He buys every piece of merchandise he sells off the Shop At Home cable show. The daggers, the swords and oh HELL yes the tactical folders with a boot, belt or pocket clip. Where the hell else is Wannabe going to get the really cool survival knife for 18 bucks out the door ? Where WOULD the Mexicans buy the daggers and Bowie knock offs to keep in their back pockets ?

The Beef Jerky guy :
This fellow has lost sight of the fact that "THIS - IS - A - GUNSHOW". He puts his two coolers of shrink wrapped jerky on the table, a cooler of cold drinks and a little sign reading "free cold drink with every purchase". He spends the entire gunshow giving out samples to passers-by. He sells beef jerky to the Beanie Baby/Ammo guy because he is too cheap to buy his wife and kid a hotdog from the concession stand, the FREE cold drink cinched it. The trips, three purchases and viola ! free lunch and drinks. The Jerky guy thinks he is doing well because three customers have bought his beef jerky in the last 10 minutes. He has no idea the reason his table always seems so crowded is because he is setup right in front of the concession stand at all those people are in line to get nachos.

The Doofus Guy :
This fellow is in his late 50's or 60's and works gunshows part time with the missus. She sits behind the table all day, licking her little dogs ass and smoking like a fucking chimney. She is wearing sequens and makes damn sure everyone she speaks with KNOWS she drove here in a Lincoln. They are trying to sell things like Leapers scopes, lame videos, cheapo cleaning stuff and aftermarket sights. They don't know shit about what goes with or on what and their only response to any question is "what we have is on display" He is pussy whipped beyond belief and at randon times (when safe) he has an outburst just to confirm his manhood (as long as Mama says it is ok). No warranty, no refund, all sales final. If you buy anything from him and it breaks well, you should have known that before you bought it.

The Mexican gunshow attendee :
I'm not talking about Americans who have Mexican heritage, I'm talking about the taco bending mother fucker who can't speak a word of english and is wearing white shoes. He is dragging the wife who is wearing her rosary and a shawl along with 8 or 9 mutants screaming and running around getting in the way. Wannabe, has to hold back when he sees them. He is sure he could take them all. The Mexican is looking for an AK. It is Saturday, he went by the liquor store and cashed his paycheck on the way to the show, so he is rolling in fluid cash. Three maybe four hundred. He walks past one table and another until he comes to the one he has been
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 2:00:32 PM EDT
[#4]
The Mag Guy gets pissed and starts yelling and the Mexican gets offended. He leaves the wife at the Mag Guys table holding the single stack Romak, to go over to see the Knife Guys to get a kinfe so he can settle this shit. He will be right back. The kinda shady guy who sold him the Romak is keeping his head down now in hopes that the Mexican doesn't realize he bought a single stack for $400. The Doofus stops the Mexican on the way to the Knife Guy's table and asks if he would like to buy a set of paper-clip night sights for his new AK. He does.
By now the Beanie Baby/Ammo guy sees the Mexican and offers him some ammo. Realizing the Mexican doesn't speak english, he decides to quit trying to sell ammo and picks up a beanie baby and says loudly and slowly " PIINNNYYAAAATTAA por El Nino". He takes two.

By now Wannabe is damn sure all hell is going to break loose. He hurries back to the Know it ALL dealers table and buys all the $60 AR mags, 'cause the shit is about to hit the fuckin' fan and he has got to have the real deal to come out of it alive.

The Class III dealer is now sure one of the little Mexicans who are picking up his guns are going to steal one. He starts running around the table trying to chase the little bastards off and realizes one of them ran off with an MP5K and is running around the show yelling BANG ! BANG !

Every time he tries to catch the little turd he runs under a table to the next aisle. Finally the little bandito gets to the Kinda Shady Guys table. KSG realizes the opportunity at hand and shoves the kid under his table until Mr Class III asshole runs by in a panic. When the coast is all clear he pulls the little Mexican out from under the table and sends him on his way. He takes the MP5K from the kid and tells him he shouldn't be playing with real guns, the kid hears his mother scream and takes off because Mexican just stabbed the Mag Guy with the knife he bough from The Knife guy. Kinda Shady Guy turns around and digs in his bag, slaps a price tag on the MP5K and put's it out on his table for sale.

The Junk guy realizes the Mag Guy is now dead and goes over and offers to buy all the mags left from the Mag Guys wife. Horribly shaken, she agrees and sell everything. The Junk Guy rakes all the mags off the table into a
couple of boxes and takes and sets both boxes out on his table.

This is usually where I come in. Everyone acting like they just won the lottery or pissed off at the world. Doofus, Beanie Baby, Beef Jerky and Knife guys have had a good day. They sold something. Know it ALL Dealer and Class III guys are now more sure than they were EVER before that their opinions of gunshow customers are accurate. Kinda Shady guy still isn't saying shit (know what I mean ?) and Wannabee is stranded on one of the rafters where he climbed up to get a better shot. He is hanging upside down from a rapelling rope and yelling for help as he tries to get to his survival knife. Not sure what he is going to do with it when he gets to it though. The Junk Guy made out like a bandit, but will never realize it because he will continue to ignore buyers and the Mag Guy...well let's just say
I ain't going to lose any sleep over him being gone.

So as I walk from aisle to aisle, looking for anything I can use, I always feel like I just missed the big happening.

Why else would these ignorant fucks be the way they are ?

Yep, I must have missed something big.

Link Posted: 2/24/2001 2:19:55 PM EDT
[#5]
That sounds like memories of the first gun show I attended!

Funny as hell because it's so accurate.
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 2:27:19 PM EDT
[#6]
BWAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!
HAAAAAAAA HAAAAAA!!!

Stop it, HK, I have tears in my eyes, I can't breathe, I've fallen and I can't get up!

Link Posted: 2/24/2001 2:33:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Holy shit HK...ROFLMFAO.. that is one of the funniest things I have read in a long time. That sounds EXACTLY like the gun show I went to a couple weeks ago...except for the stabbing thing. I guess the shows are the same all over the country heh?
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 2:38:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Dude, you are fvckin' killing me. I am an FFL and you just described everyone I know or ever met. I am lauging so goddamn hard I stopped breathing twice and might have pissed myself once. Jheez, this has got to be the most insightful post to date.
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 2:43:53 PM EDT
[#9]
I like those customers wearing old worn military BDUs or LEO uniforms. You'll have a guy wearing a police officer's dress shirt with blue jeans. Then this same guy will have a long, worn out bolt action rifle slung around his back with a flag sticking out of the barrel with "For Sale" written on it.
Then of course, the Vietnam vet sporting his medals of honor(like he really earned it).
These are the guys who walk by all the guns and go straight to the beef jerky guy.
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 3:22:00 PM EDT
[#10]
You forgot the "tease" table. the one that has the hardly dressed young lady selling. I was at ashow one time and a guy was selling Tokarevs for $125 holster and 2 mags.He must have sold 50 of themn that day. Hehehe then I seen what was going on every time they sold one the young lady would lean over the table.....and......
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 3:47:47 PM EDT
[#11]
I am always amazed at how rare, unique, hard to find or in great demand every item I show any interest in buying becomes as soon as I wak up to the table. I talked to a guy about an Hk 91 today, that he has been packing to every show in Kansas City for at least two years. Yep, stopped importing em 10 years ago, can't hardly find em any more, some guy was just here wanting to buy it .......you get the picture.
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 4:26:23 PM EDT
[#12]
HKgnnr---You are a nut.You've got the Gun Show personalities down to a "T"
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 4:29:58 PM EDT
[#13]
HKgnnr-
That is some of the funniest shit I have read in a long time! [8D] Recently, a friend and I attended a local show. We were mostly looking for AR's and accessories. We have the same "types" of dealers at our shows, as well.  Mags were $25-$60(Colt on the high side) all worn out. LOTS of Franken gun AR's that were thrown together. One dealer [b]did[/b] have a new post ban 20" Bushie for $625.  He bought a battle pack of SA .223, and I bought lunch. [;D] At one point my friend said, you gonna buy anything today. My reply was-- nope. It can be bought cheaper on the 'net and you don't have to deal with the various "personalities" [:D]  Milldude
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 4:35:24 PM EDT
[#14]
HKgnnr's powers of perception are nothing short of outstanding. Everything he posted is so true to life. I know those guys!
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 4:59:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Hk  Thats Sh#* Is So Funny !! Iam  Still Grining And Will Be For A Day Or To. Man Thats Is The Truth. Saving This Now. Thanks HK.
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 6:48:18 PM EDT
[#16]
LMAO @ HK!!! I think I was at that gunshow!

You forgot to mention the Skinhead Guy, dressed in black leather and sporting neo-Nazi tattoos... he sells Nazi memorabilia and used books dealing with the history of the Gestapo and SS... he also has an over-priced Schmeisser replica that he hasn't been able to sell for the past five years, and a selection of Gestapo and Hitler Jugend knife replicas, as well as various sizes of Nazi flags. If you get him into a conversation, he starts to bring out the KKK stuff...

Great post, HK!

FITTER out
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 7:03:33 PM EDT
[#17]
HKgnnr,
Were you at the Longview, Texas gunshow today? It sounds like coverage from the 5 O'clock news, only truthful. Ha,ha. That's good, man.
[heavy]
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 7:19:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Sounds like  prk gunshow prices on accessories.Great descriptions on every body sounds true to me ,But i like the beefjerky guy.
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 7:39:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Good funny stuff!
When I first started going to gun shows 15 years ago, I thought they were great. I don't know if I got smarter or they got worse.
I still go about four times a year hoping to find a bargain, but usually everything is cheaper on the net.
I especially loved the junk table profile. These guys lay six obsolete rifle parts on a table and expect to sell them. [:D]
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 7:54:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Hk, you nailed that one. I'm still laughing. You really gotta love some of the "experts" you run into at the shows. They're damn funny too....
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 8:30:10 PM EDT
[#21]
At the last gun show I went to, a guy had a written on the price tag for an M9 bayonet, "killed an Iraqi soldier-$240". Anymore, gunshows are more like roving comedy clubs.......
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 9:24:54 PM EDT
[#22]
The tease table got me thinking.  The beef jerkey guy in the Houston area used to be a beef jerkey girl/women.  She would bend over to offer samples and would attract a lot of attention to her "product" in her loose fitting blouses.
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 9:40:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Do not forget the guy that has Colt SAA's displayed with Do Not Touch signs. There are no price tags. The guy just goes to gun shows to show his guns.

Or how about the guy that sports his Steyr Aug, Galil or any other exotic weapon at every gun show just so someone will ask him if it is for sale.

Well, as long as it makes them happy.

Have a happy day. [:)]

Yanqui

oops, spelling!!
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 10:00:56 PM EDT
[#24]
I can't believe nobody's mentioned the pack of Gangstaz in their wife-beater muscle shirts jostling to get a closer look at the BAD ASS Tec 9 assault-pistol, picking it up and pointing it at people across the way. Those things are DOPE!
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 10:40:28 PM EDT
[#25]
TEC-9? Those things are USED by dopes.
Link Posted: 2/24/2001 10:58:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Bat Guano, Melon...you guys nailed that one. Those "gangstas" piss me off, get real. That's why they use guns with hi capacity......because they can't hit shit holding the gun all sideways. Take them to a 50 yard range and they can't even hit the paper!.....with a hi cap even!
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 12:59:41 AM EDT
[#27]
ROTFLMAO
Sounds like all the gun shows I've ever been to.
While reading, blew beer out my nose twice, damn that burns
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 7:38:54 AM EDT
[#28]
I'm sure glad I wasn't having a cold one when I read this because I surely would have had beer coming out my nose too.  This sounds exactly like every gun show I have ever been to.  I go to shows mainly here in Kansas, and can easily point out 3-4 of the "Class III" types at each one.  It really frosts me that people will treat you like dirt when you approach them to possibly make a purchase.  I know that if I treated my patients with the same approach, I would be in court faster than you can say "malpractice"........
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 9:19:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Ditto on the beer thing.

TOO FUNNY [>Q]
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 11:19:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Just got back from the big show here in Birmingham, I ran into: prick class 3 dealer, overpriced "clip" man, nothing on the table is for sale guy, ninja equipment salesman guy and MANY others.  And I would like to add one, my BIGGEST peeve of them all: I must not really want your business because I do not accept anything but cash man".  Folks, we will be a cashless society very soon.  As it is, I never use anything but my debit card.  If you want my business, take it.  And don't charge me extra, that'll ENSURE I never deal with you again.  Jumpin' Jesus, how in the hell do you expect to sell product and not take cards?  
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 12:16:15 PM EDT
[#31]
As you can guess, I'm an HK collector.  Most guys that sell HKs (except authorized dealers) at gunshows are jerks.

The guy who got lucky on an estate sale and found a beat up HK91, slaps a $3000 price tag on it and puts it among his SKSs, post-ban AKs and assorted crap so he looks good.  Looking at the gun, he says "that's an HK91, they don't make them anymore," and makes up the history of the gun.  

The guy with a bunch of unmarked HKs, "DO NOT TOUCH!" signs every inch, who stares at you like you are going to grab a handful and make a dash for the nearest door.  Nevermind the fact that I have a mint HK94 on my shoulder.  I ask how much for the SP89, he answers, annoyed because I wasting his precious time.  "Well, I wasn't really going to sell it, since they are so hard to come by, but I'd let it go for $4000, or trade for the HK94 plus cash."  Yeah, right a-hole.

The crook (Dave's Guns) who tried to convince me his basement camo-job HK91 was an HK factory woodland camo, funny, HK didn't make a USGI pattern woodland camo (since it is a German company!) and I don't think they include a matching camo non-german mag (FMP) with the factory gun.

The mag dealer who have MP5 mags for $150 and HK93 mags for $125 and stare at you like you are going to run off with the mag they haven't sold in 3 years of business.  Or the guy who says, "we're out of MP5 curved mags, but I have the stick mags that all the SWAT teams use, those are a lot better."  If so, then why did HK stop making stick mags?
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 12:36:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Here's some more,

The guy selling all the 'go-fast' goodies for 50% over retail.  Preban Colt M4geries for $2500, KAC RIS for $450, Aimpoint Comp for $450, Trijicon ACOG for $1200, Beta C-Mag for $800, etc.  He has Glock hicaps for $175, so I figure this is the guy to sell the pair I've been carrying around.  How will you give me for two dropfree G22 highcaps with glock +2 extentions?  "those aren't in very high demand, so $40 each." yeah right!

The $2100 Bushmaster shorty (do not touch signs), I ask to pic it up, he okays but watches me, I look at the serial number and he flips out, "I bought this gun back in 1994, I know it's preban, blah, blah, you don't have to check my serial numbers!"  And this is after I'd bought two gun from this guy at previous shows!  

I could go on all day!
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 1:31:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Went to one in Lansing, MI yesterday.  It had the typical Beanie/ammo guys. It also had 3 or 4 guys selling USGI mags.  The going price was somewhere between $20-35 (I'll stick to buying from you guys here).  One joker had a box filled with mags and he said that they were going for $20 each.  The first 15 that I pulled out were all dated 95-99.  I said something to him about selling post ban mags and he said that most people don't notice the date.  Needless to say I walked away fast.  

I did find some good deals on .223 and 380acp ammo, and alot of inexpensive bolt rifles.
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 1:32:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Went to one in Lansing, MI yesterday.  It had the typical Beanie/ammo guys. It also had 3 or 4 guys selling USGI mags.  The going price was somewhere between $20-35 (I'll stick to buying from you guys here).  One joker had a box filled with mags and he said that they were going for $20 each.  The first 15 that I pulled out were all dated 95-99.  I said something to him about selling post ban mags and he said that most people don't notice the date.  Needless to say I walked away fast.  

I did find some good deals on .223 and 380acp ammo, and alot of inexpensive bolt rifles.
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 3:18:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
And I would like to add one, my BIGGEST peeve of them all: I must not really want your business because I do not accept anything but cash man".  Folks, we will be a cashless society very soon.  As it is, I never use anything but my debit card.  If you want my business, take it.  And don't charge me extra, that'll ENSURE I never deal with you again.  Jumpin' Jesus, how in the hell do you expect to sell product and not take cards?  
View Quote

Well said - at the last show I picked up 2 battle packs, handed him my Visa, he says "That will be 3% extra for credit cards" I say "and your gonna charge me sales tax too?" the guy says "of Course", I lay down the ammo and go 2 tables down, ammo same price, no surcharge, plus he knocks off a couple dollars because I got two. Have a nice day.
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 3:53:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Two folks no ones mentioned yet. The first is the people that don't open their tables until a hour after the show starts. The second, is the guy with decent stuff, but no prices on anything. His prices change by the minute and nothings in the ballpark. [grenade]
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 6:11:43 PM EDT
[#37]
In all fairness to some dealers, the bastards that run the credit card machines charge retailers 2-4% for each transaction plus a transaction fee, monthly fee and a long distance phone call is required.  the retail store I work at chages 2% for new guns, trap loads and reloading supplies.

I am also starting to wonder if there is really only one gunshow and it travels all over the country never selling selling shit.

Let us not forget the pig-bastard I saw last week sell a youngster 2 shitty mini 14 mags with the advise to pass them off at the next show if they do not work.  Nothing like perpeyuating the cycle of human greed.
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 6:59:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Dude,you discribed an ohio gunshow all the way!You only forgot the john birch society guy{has all the anti-UN,NWO,third party stuff} he's usually OK and fun to talk to but sometimes loses it and goes tin-foil hat mode all of the sudden. Next is my pet peeve the middle age wanna-be's,these dudes usually have greasy hair,camo,and are always overweight,it seems whenever they are looking at someones post ban AR's they have to to align the sights on me![pissed] Oh well,at least now I can tell if an AR's barrel is chrome lined from 15yds away!![:D]
Link Posted: 2/25/2001 8:10:24 PM EDT
[#39]
There is other one(Idiot Vender) at Gunbroker.com and he wants $4500 for his HK91.
www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?item=1015644
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 9:21:19 AM EDT
[#40]
I feel like I have just been to the world largest gunshow...
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 9:35:50 AM EDT
[#41]
HKgnnr,

Sounds like you have been to Texas gunshows...
[^]
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 10:34:13 AM EDT
[#42]
Reading over all these posts just reinforces why I go to gun shows......it's the entertainment!!

"Lookee here, son, I have an investment grade Rossi Lever Action in .22 Rimfire.  Yup, this baby is gonna apreesheeate over the comin' years.  It's also an excellent home defense weapon.  Show special price: $425.....that's the cash price, son."

I tell you, man, you can't get 4 hours of this kind of entertainment for $5 anywhere else in America.
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 12:11:48 PM EDT
[#43]
I have been to the Dallas Arms Collectors show and the Houston Astrohall show in the last couple of months.
I saw everyone of these dealers at both those shows. What about the chick "selling" the 50 caliber rifle for about $4000. Not one of the knuckleheads  slobbering on the girl...ah I mean the gun could or would have bought it.
Did anyone see either one of the guys selling the "PREBAN EAGLE ARMS" rifle for $1500 or so.
Both had EA lowers on them with no proof of legality. "Yeah these Eagle Arms are fine pre-ban weapons."
Then we saw one "Dealer" that bought one from another guy before we saw it. It was a preban "Eagle Arms" with an EA lower on it and didn't have a clue what he just bought! He told us "Hell any idiot would know that this is Pre-Ban because it has a bayonet lug on it."
Duh![BD]
Yeah I've seen them all.
Well maybe not all of them...There is always the next show!
Lynn[:D]
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 12:17:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
There is other one(Idiot Vender) at Gunbroker.com and he wants $4500 for his HK91.
[url]www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?item=1015644[/url]
View Quote

This guy would probably say "Boy don't get smart with me...I've been ripping people off...ah, I mean selling stuff at gun shows longer than you been alive."
HEHE!
Lynn [:D]
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 12:40:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Hey guys, in all seriousness gun shows are ok but don't forget that you would do yourself a favor if you make a dealer (gun shop) by your house your primary point of purchase for your guns and gear. I can't begin to tell you the type of favors, discounts, and services they provide for you when they recognize you as a regular customer. Yeah, it is a little more expensive than the net or maybe a gun show but the extra expense is worth it.  By the way the gun shop I go to charges 3% extra on C.C purchases. However, I never had to pay it since they know me to be a regular. Have a nice one.
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 2:02:24 PM EDT
[#46]
There is this one beef jerky guy that has been selling stuff at fun shows ever since I started going to them about 15 years ago. I swear the guy has not aged a day and it must be a side effect from all of the preservatives in the jerky he sells.

Beeeeef Jerky, Freeee Samples. Beeef Jerky, Freeee Samples.
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 2:33:13 PM EDT
[#47]
HK,

LOL
That is some funny stuff.
Loved it. [:D]
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 3:10:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Hk, you crack me up. Are you a sociologist or something?

There is one thing you did not hit on well enough:

Before going to Gunshows, I never knew that there were like 450,000 Navy SEALs in Vietnam.

The way I have it figured, if one in evry six people I meet is a SEAL and there are 12,000 people there, then that means 2,000 SEALs are in Houston for the gunshow.

Times how many cities are having gunshows at the same time, with a margin for error for those SEALs that are BBQing at home that weekend.

I think it is a shame that people walk around and try to be something they are not.

Sh*t, I am a college student that watches movies, enjoys shooting, works for near minimum wage and I am damn proud of it.

I have some serious war stories about walking two miles to Kroger's with the last $10 I had to feed me for the next week.

1/4 strength Sugar-free Kool-aid and Ramen Noodles.

It burns my hide to hear these idiots show up and talk about some place they have never been.

The guys that don't talk about it don't have to, they were there and probably don't want to re-live it.

Link Posted: 2/26/2001 8:51:04 PM EDT
[#49]
What about the wierdo book guy.Theres a book guy who does alot of shows in the North West who's from the MOM, always wares a old tacky suit and tries to keep his scraggly hair combed. He also sells firework components" the big  stuff ! " Buying books from this guy will probably get you a photo in somebodies File !!! and it really sucks when he's the only book dude with the book you wan't !!!
Link Posted: 2/26/2001 10:02:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Most gun shows I have been to are just a good place to see and handle the guns that your local dealer does not have in stock. Look, touch and find what you want and then order from your local dealer.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top