Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2002 3:45:36 PM EDT
I went home over Christmas for leave and was in the shops looking at rifles.  Well I saw a rifle I liked on sale, so I decided what the heck I would buy it.  Here is where the head ache begins.  First problem was the salesmen misquoted the regs in relation to buying fire arms, going so far as saying all though I paid taxes in my home state, own property in that state, had two vehicles registered in that state and had a drivers license from that state they could not sell me the fire arm because I wasn't a resident of the state.  Well than they changed their minds.  So I went up to the cashier to buy the weapon, I was putting it on my money card, and since I don't make $1000.00 purchases everyday my bank's security program on their computer came up "call card company" on the cashier's display.  I asked could I use the stores phone for a 800 call, and was told no.  Well I used my cell phone and the bank said the purchase was good to go.  However by then the cashier took my purchase out of the register and was ringing up others, so I said fine, but after 5 people had gone through I asked her, "when she would ring me up?"  Well she said I had to get into the line, well I was standing at the register before most of the people who she was ringing up were even there.  So I said fine, keep you weapon and walked out.  Well I got home and was a little pissed about the experience and found the companies web site and sent them an e-mail.  I explained their poor customer service, how they bent over back wards for a LEO in front of me, but ironically treated someone in the military like crap while selling "United We Stand" signs, etc.

Well the sales manager Emailed me back and apologies for the incontinence and poor treatment I got.  He said that I was a valuable customer, since I have bought over a dozen weapons from them over the years and normally buy one from them every time I go home on leave.  Well I told them I was still interested in the rifle and all, so he said it would be no problem to do an FFL to FFL transfer and I could buy the rifle.  So I went and called my bank to make sure the sale would be approved, than called him and gave him my card number.  He said the price was still good and all seemed good.  Well a few hours later he sent me an Email saying, well we only have one of those rifles left and we can no longer sell it at that price, if you want to buy it, the new price is 1197.00.  Well, at that point I said no thanks.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 3:49:23 PM EDT
[#1]
What kind of rifle?
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 3:54:00 PM EDT
[#2]
That really sucks. I wouldn't go back were I you.
What kind was it?
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 3:55:25 PM EDT
[#3]
an M96
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 4:01:43 PM EDT
[#4]
What gun shop?
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 4:01:54 PM EDT
[#5]
What store?  It's boycott time.  Like I've said before, the service industry is going to hell in a bucket.  Wish they sold guns in vending machines.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 4:06:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn!  That really sucks! What's the name of the gun shop?  Since I live in NC, I hope that it's not one that I have been to.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 4:07:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Man, that sucks! Why is it that those of us who still care about doing our best are, more and more, having top put up with those who could give a shit.  I'd take it up with the next higher up, and keep escalating it up the food chain until you get satisfaction.  Somebody will care about losing a valuable customer.

Quoted:

...Well the sales manager Emailed me back and apologies for the [b]incontinence[/b] and poor treatment I got....
View Quote

I can see you were more than just a little bit *pissed*...

[:D]
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 4:08:26 PM EDT
[#8]
SOunds like a bunch of crap to me. I'd tell them to shove it and never buy from there again.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 4:15:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 6:12:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Sounds like Jim's Guns in Fayetteville.

When the assault weapons ban came in '94, he pulled all of the affected weapons that had been sold, but were still in the store off layaway, refunded whatever had been paid back to the customers, repriced the weapons a LOT higher, and put them back on the shelf.

Had two buds burned on that deal.  

Haven't bought a gun from them since then.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 6:41:37 PM EDT
[#11]
No the shop was a major one in OK.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 8:47:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, I remember Jim's in Fayetteville.   I was in Honduras when Bush Sr. signed the import ban, and the SAR48 bush rifle I'd planned to buy when I got back went from $500 to over a grand.  Knew some folks that got burned by the lay-a-way return, too.  Greedy bastard.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 9:21:15 PM EDT
[#13]
I understand they need to make a living but poor customer service (read NO customer service) plus the BS about having to charge you more...well, that is where I would tell them to F*** off & buy it somewhere else.  They quoted a price & then renigged on it?  F*** them.
(this is a MAJOR pet peeve for me if you haven't guessed by now).

Check online, you may find a better deal.

Try:

[url]http://www.sportingarms.com[/url]  I have always received very reasonable & competitive quotes from him.

I would not go back to those lying bastards.  There is more than one gun shop in OK.  Shop somewhere else...& let them know.  Send them a copy of the receipt along with a message stating why you bought somewhere else.

Some gun dealers are just Pr***s.

Link Posted: 1/7/2002 9:47:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 11:13:59 PM EDT
[#15]
This thread smacks of cop bashing.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 11:42:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

...the sales manager Emailed me back and apologies for the [b]incontinence[/b]...I got....
View Quote

Man! Glad I missed [b]that[/b] scene [:O] Phew!![;)]
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 1:09:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 2:53:00 AM EDT
[#18]
No the shop was a major one in OK.
View Quote

Hmmmmm. Big store, assholes, don't know WTF they're talking about ("The .250 Savage and .250-3000 Savage are different cartridges."), and in Oklahoma. Could it be none other than Outdoor America at 1925 N. Macarthur Boulevard?!!!!! Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I wouldn't piss on them if everyone's guts were on fire in that store. Can't you find a more upstanding place to spend your money, like maybe [b][size=6]WAL-MART!!!![/size=6][/b] I have never bought a gun there and I refuse to ever do so.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 6:13:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Outdoor America is in Oklahoma City by the way.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 1:12:49 PM EDT
[#20]
I just came back from a shop where I've done alot of business in the past...I was looking for a set of dies for 7.5x55 swiss (I've got a k-31 on the way) he looks around and finds a used set of RCBS dies, mind you these were about 30 yrs old,(had the old round alum. lock rings on them, were dirty inside, The rod that held the expander button was slightly bent/scratched, and clearly used) But, not in bad shape, I figured they'd clean up OK, but he wanted $35.00 for them, Tryed to tell me they were new, I declined, and looked around on the net, I can buy new lee's for around $26.00 delivered to my door or a set of hornady N.D, dies for about $42.00 delivered to my door, He would'nt budge an inch on the price, So, I'll pay $6.00 more for new dies,(I'm buying the Hornady dies) I figure those old dies were worth $25.00 tops,It just pisses me off that he thinks that a set of 30 yr old dies are worth the same as new, I'm all for helping the little guy out, but I'm not going to let myself get screwed.F@#K him, He can eat those dies!
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 3:53:20 PM EDT
[#21]
United we stand? Ha!!
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 4:02:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Just an FYI Jim's Gun Jobbery's owner has been trying for years to put and end to gunshows. He sees them as compatition.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 5:07:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Imbroglio, where the FUCK did that comment come from?  Are you not taking your meds again?????
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 5:13:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Imbroglio, where the FUCK did that comment come from?  Are you not taking your meds again?????
View Quote

GB's autopost (Imbrog|io) went haywire and nailed the wrong thread.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 5:28:14 PM EDT
[#25]
This thread smacks of Imbroglio
bashing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top